What TV show have you just watched

Temple with Mark Strong as a Doc on Sky is not bad a watch. He's a cracking actor anyway so most stuff he's in is pretty watchable. Plus its got the Red Witch in it from GoT but she's not got her kit off yet.
A lot of the stuff Mark Strong is in you'll also find Colin Firth in. It's almost as if they're joined at the hip.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Jusr caught up on i player with Ian Hislops fake news documentary . Well worth a shot troops. Apparently we WILL believe anything that's on media if it falls within our belief structure no matter how odd it might be .
he takes up back to the original fake news back in USA 1920s with Hurst, Pulizer etc .
He explains how trump keeps calling reporters and papers who disagree with him " fake news" again if he repeats the lie often enough people beleive it .
the most chilling story was of a conspiracy theory which stated that a certain pitza house was the home for government pedophile rings and blah blah blah. Some twat turned up at the place with an automatic rifle looking for the poor kids. He was met by Families and their children enjoying a Sunday pizza lunch ... and there ISNT a cellar in the building let alone one with a "secret tunnel to the white house "

have a watch and laff at the fuckwits , then look at your own posts on social media .

Jusr caught up on i player with Ian Hislops fake news documentary . Well worth a shot troops. Apparently we WILL believe anything that's on media if it falls within our belief structure no matter how odd it might be .
he takes up back to the original fake news back in USA 1920s with Hurst, Pulizer etc .
He explains how trump keeps calling reporters and papers who disagree with him " fake news" again if he repeats the lie often enough people beleive it .
the most chilling story was of a conspiracy theory which stated that a certain pitza house was the home for government pedophile rings and blah blah blah. Some twat turned up at the place with an automatic rifle looking for the poor kids. He was met by Families and their children enjoying a Sunday pizza lunch ... and there ISNT a cellar in the building let alone one with a "secret tunnel to the white house "

have a watch and laff at the fuckwits , then look at your own posts on social media .
Without taking the thread adrift, it is interesting to note how just how many "lies" about fake news have proven true but often curiously not reported by the source of the fake news.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
We just finished watching the latest Ken Burns documentary, Country Music.

1570552666188.png

If you can get past the mawkish drivel that comprises most country lyrics, it was very interesting. There were a few fascinating characters in the early years before the Nashville machine took over. Artists such as Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson were rather more than just singers, they seemed to make a lasting impact on American culture.

I liked the singer Jan Howard's comment to a anti-war protester who came to her door after her son was killed in Vietnam. She told them that her son died in Vietnam in part for the right to demonstrate for such causes, "but if you ever ring my doorbell again, I'll blow your damned head off with a .357 Magnum."

Just watched the whole series of Unbelievable on Netflix in a day. A seriously good watch with some truly low key but Stella acting by all.

No spoilers but it's based on a true story of the hunt for a serial rapest in Colarido.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

National Treasure on Netflix, after a showing on Ch4 about 3 years ago, I think. Complete with the Correct diversity ratios, playing the Correct roles, but apart from that irritation, very good, if depressing.

Robbie Coltrane is excellent, even if it's basically the same part he plays every time he appears on the box (apart from that big fellow in Harry Potter); able, apparently to generate weepy eyes and snot-dribbling nose on demand.

ITV4 - The Professionals. From 1981

After an exercise goes badly in Germany, a colonel goes AWOL from a hospital then recruits a couple of squaddies to rob a bank, lift a shedload of ordnance from a barracks, then breezes into a chemical weapons establishment to help himself to some very nasty stuff which he uses to hold the government to ransom. Bodie and Doyle save the day by grabbing the nerve gas and dropping it into a Fox ARV to contain the detonation.

Oh how I used to be enthralled by this shoite in the days gone by.

Currently watching the Spotlight series on BBC NI about the troubles. Very good with lots of unseen footage from documentaries filmed for the US market - I think. One clip shows Saint Martin loading a bomb into the back of a car. Some good revelations about Paisley as well.

ITV4 - The Professionals. From 1981

After an exercise goes badly in Germany, a colonel goes AWOL from a hospital then recruits a couple of squaddies to rob a bank, lift a shedload of ordnance from a barracks, then breezes into a chemical weapons establishment to help himself to some very nasty stuff which he uses to hold the government to ransom. Bodie and Doyle save the day by grabbing the nerve gas and dropping it into a Fox ARV to contain the detonation.

Oh how I used to be enthralled by this shoite in the days gone by.
A couple of arrsers appeared in that very episode. The lad who falls over at the end sprinds to mind.

Just finished "Summer of Rockets" on I-Player.

I'm not sure how I made it to the end to be honest as it was amateurish at best. I'd also worked out the plot just looking how it panned out thus far.

Utter dreck that ticked every box in the BBC check list apart from good dialogue & credible acting.
A few of the characters made a laudible effort, Keeley Hawes' recieved pronunciation is a joy to listen to & Timothy Spall is also oddly engaging but the rest of the cast. Forget it.

I like Foyles war but hard to find full episodes here
VPN - ITV Hub player and BBC iPlayer, live and archived material of all genres.
(not to mention any other series you could care to name from 'other' sites.)

Speaking of which, Get Shorty is back on, the Epix Series 3 started on Sunday.

Working as muscle for a murderous Nevada crime ring, Miles Daly decides to change professions and become a Hollywood movie producer. Not to be taken seriously in anyway, there are a ton of laughs throughout, and some classic one liners from Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano..

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

WHAT? I might let you know that there is nothing fake about Bugsy’s family and army service.:cyclopsani:

Latest Threads