What TV show have you just watched

Yes. It was very good.
I agree it's a very good show, there will be a Season 7 some time next year. I take then you also watched Inspector Morse? It was another good show IMHO

Try and find some of the old 70s British Police series,with Don Henderson. Strangers,and Bullman. Very of their time. I would like to see some of Joseph Wambaugh's books on the LAPD done for television,And not PC'd up. Well written.And written from experience I suspect.

Try and find some of the old 70s British Police series,with Don Henderson. Strangers,and Bullman
Yep all good stuff as well, Don Henderson was one of my favourite actors. I believe the last show I saw him in was Red Dwarf were he played the part as a Rogue Simulant.

Now you've done it, I've just found Strangers Episode 1 of Series 1 on YouTube. Thanks for the reminder, catch y'all later.

Yep all good stuff as well, Don Henderson was one of my favourite actors. I believe the last show I saw him in was Red Dwarf were he played the part as a Rogue Simulant.

Now you've done it, I've just found Strangers Episode 1 of Series 1 on YouTube. Thanks for the reminder, catch y'all later.
Have a good morning with it there. I have to go to work here, :) I'll be expecting a full debrief on them all when Im back on..:rofl:

TamH70

MIA
Forgive the digresion.
I have been watching the series of "Lip sync challenges" doing the yutube rounds . It is mostly American State/County taking part. I have to say that having seen almost a hundred attempts, by far and away the best was the Cheshire County effort. Top tune and good folks.
Where can I submit my application!
I actually unironically absolutely love that video. Well spotted, Northern!

Looks like a nice wee American town, which probably means it's twice the size of Paisley.

Binge watching an old TV show from the 90's

"Homicide- life on the streets" about Baltimore Homicide squad

TamH70

MIA
Binge watching an old TV show from the 90's

"Homicide- life on the streets" about Baltimore Homicide squad

If I recall correctly that's the show that eventually led to "The Wire". Or at least it had the same creator, covered the same kind of themes and was filmed in the same city.

I agree it's a very good show, there will be a Season 7 some time next year. I take then you also watched Inspector Morse? It was another good show IMHO
Indeed. Morse was a classic. We have seen just about every British TV crime drama series as well as many from Europe. The new offerings are just not of the same honest quality of the older ones so we are recycling them as we often cannot recall whodunit anyway. ;-)

Indeed. Morse was a classic. We have seen just about every British TV crime drama series as well as many from Europe. The new offerings are just not of the same honest quality of the older ones so we are recycling them as we often cannot recall whodunit anyway. ;-)
I like Foyles war but hard to find full episodes here

Have a good morning with it there. I have to go to work here, :) I'll be expecting a full debrief on them all when Im back on..:rofl:
Hope you had a safe evening at work. I'm just about to watch episode 3 of Series 1 then it's off to bed. What was the deal with the white gloves he wore? And that purse of his, he's quite the character.

Hope you had a safe evening at work. I'm just about to watch episode 3 of Series 1 then it's off to bed. What was the deal with the white gloves he wore? And that purse of his, he's quite the character.
Think it was all part of his image as an almost eccentric Victorian type character. Years since I've seen it,But I seem to recall He was doing some sort of part time uni course as well.

Watching The Royal (about a local hospital in the 1960s in Yorkshire). Was cool to it at first but it has developed nicely. Good mix of humor and tragedy. Good acting and character development. No heavy handed social engineering but reasonable treatment of social issues of that period. Good 60's music score.
my second cousin plays Mrs Forbes :)

The Americas with Simon Reeve - BBC2 and iPlayer

"Simon Reeve begins his most ambitious journey yet, travelling the entire length of the Americas."
BBC Two - The Americas with Simon Reeve

Part one starts in Alaska flying in a 1950's single engined aircraft fitted with wheels, skis and some modern avionics. Leanne the rather pleasant pilot drops him off on a glacier. He walks up to to an isolated hotel lodge where is met by a ginger lass, the manager I think. There he gets great views of the Aurora Borealis. Climate change appears as a central theme but there are many others. The journey is expected to take six months and as he says will require the burning of fuel, so that the viewer knows that he is aware of the irony of commenting on fossil fuels and climate concerns.

At a small Inuit community, where alcohol is banned, he plays bingo at the community centre (no bar). He learns how taxes from Prudhoe Bay oil industry were used to bring better housing, running water and electricity. Their life expectancy used to be ten years lower before this.

Simon used to associate Canada with clean, green environment and a responsible attitude. Over by the tar sands, with the enormous ecological impact to boreal forrest he meets a local lady who has resorted to living in a caravan for five years. I think they said some 30% of the indigenous population live in poverty with no running water and little protection from serious cold.

In East Vancouver, Simon shows the seldom seen on telly homeless and fallout from the opioid crisis. Fentonil he says is 30 times stronger than heroin. The problem seems to have been largely left to volunteers to deal with.

Vancouver is very close to the border with the USA. He reaches part of a road where if he steps left in to the verge, he would be illegally entering the USA. Above him on the left is a private property in the USA. The owner has to get permission before mowing the lawn down by the border edge.

Link to Episode One on BBC iPlayer The Americas with Simon Reeve - Series 1: Episode 1

ches

LE
Temple with Mark Strong as a Doc on Sky is not bad a watch. He's a cracking actor anyway so most stuff he's in is pretty watchable. Plus its got the Red Witch in it from GoT but she's not got her kit off yet.

Latest Threads