What TV show have you just watched

Stephen Kings Mr Mercedes is back on, Series 3x1 is available on Amazon Prime (and elsewhere).

I'm liking the BBC's The Capture and ITV's Confession at the moment but hating the One Per Week schedule.

Mentioned before but the Danish Series Those who kill which is on Iplayer has some top notch twists in it.
Just watched The Capture on catch up after a recommendation, I think it's going to be great viewing, I don't pretend to understand what's happening yet though

Rust Valley Motors on Netflix.
A Canuck version of Fast & Loud/Wheeler Dealers/That Christmas one and so on and like most of them doesn't let the interesting fettling get in the way of the show. So one minute they're showing you a chassis and boot lid, the next they're fiddling with one part and then its rolling out an immaculate car that looks like its from the Special Operations Division of the factory.

So its mainly about the hoarder owner and his 400 'cars' (place looks like a scrappy to me) with his inability to sell anything as he goes bankrupt. Very much a let it wash over you, enjoy the backdrop of BC and the occasional comedy gem type of thing.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Yellowstone.
Kevin Costner as the Grande Fromage of a massive modern ranch in the wilds.Cowboys and Injuns with AR 15s and sultry lawyers. In to S01E02 and it looks like turning into a good action drama.....with tits.
How can one watch this Yellowstone? It caught my attention in a later post when someone mentioned the great scenery ;)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm liking the BBC's The Capture and ITV's Confession at the moment but hating the One Per Week schedule.

Mentioned before but the Danish Series Those who kill which is on Iplayer has some top notch twists in it.
I’m liking Confession but thought that one and a half episodes of The Capture that enough was enough and binned it. Each to their own I suppose.
I do wish that the tv companies would show episodes each night rather than once a week.

TamH70

MIA
How can one watch this Yellowstone? It caught my attention in a later post when someone mentioned the great scenery ;)
It's on the Paramount Network in the UK. I'm not sure if that's on Freeview.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Offa

War Hero
'Rising Sons' on YouTube. Documentary series about England's preparations for World Cup. Short episodes of 10 to 15 mins. Good insight. Well worth a watch for England supporters.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
WDYTYA, last episode. The last bit about the Spanish Inquisition leaves me still wondering how anybody could think of Roman Catholicism as a branch of Christianity. Leave alone its modern incarnation as a pillar of paedophilia, institutionalised right to the top with a Cardinal, no less, in jug in Australia for that vile crime.

That’s good news as I am recording all three of them.

All three were recommended in theTimes/ST. I also dislike the weekly thing. Have done ever since I was a kid and spent a frustrated week waiting for the serial at the Saturday matinee in the fleapit.

With what might be plot dense series I tend to record them and binge watch over a few nights.

Just binge watched Series 4 of Billions. Excellent programme and a great conjunction of the legal and high finance worlds. Incredibly well written (one in the eye for those who thinks Septics don’t speak proper English), great plot (huge chunks of which you could not even start to guess (lots of shocks in the finale - only one of which I foresaw) and excellent acting.

I just had a butchers. Paramount is on Sky but Yellowstone does not show up in the search facility. Nor in catch-up. Which probably means it’s not on Freeview either.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
This is another one for the many ARRSErs who understand German. I recently watched a Netherlands telly drama series about when the Dutch coastal dykes are breached in a one-in-a-thousand-years storm. It was shown on the ARD internet website, which is here: ARD Mediathek · Start

The series is really well-made and very realistic in its effects. It's dubbed into German (of course) and follows differing strands of the plot as folks struggle to survive. But it all comes together in the end. There are six parts to it in all, which can be viewed here; https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/more/6kTUubAEgJhCDpxmxDyqCm/wenn-die-deiche-brechen

I can really recommend this series. Enjoy!

MsG

ches

LE
Another vote here for both The Confession & The Capture.
Martin Freeman is an excellent actor imo. Not a lot he's done that isn't a bloody good performance.

. . . . . Just binge watched Series 4 of Billions. Excellent programme and a great conjunction of the legal and high finance worlds. Incredibly well written (one in the eye for those who thinks Septics don’t speak proper English), great plot (huge chunks of which you could not even start to guess (lots of shocks in the finale - only one of which I foresaw) and excellent acting.
ZVLWpFG.png

. . . ;) !!

As a complete digression, I once took some friends from overseas to visit Holyrood Palace. While we were waiting in the queue for the audio tour headsets, the Yank in front was asked what language he wanted and answered, "American."

The chap behind the desk, in an impeccably posh accent, replied, "We have a children's version, will that do?"

I found this fascinating, last night one of the Free-view channels . ..

9/11 Impact Anatomy | National Geographic

National Geographic

(Originally) Published on Aug 26, 2009

"Conspiracy theorists say jet fuel fires couldn't have brought down the towers -- but a simulation of the impact proves otherwise".

Spoiler alert : molten aluminium + water = explosion!!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I just had a butchers. Paramount is on Sky but Yellowstone does not show up in the search facility. Nor in catch-up. Which probably means it’s not on Freeview either.
Try Showbox.

Latest Threads