What TV show have you just watched

Want to watch Picard, not watched Westworld will do at some point

Darkness: Those who Kill a Danish production available on Beeb Iplayer is a very good crime thriller. It got straight to the point and stayed on point without much of the faffing around that a lot of series do these days. Well worth a watch if you don't mind English subtitles.

Other stuff coming soon is season 3 of Westworld and also Star Trek: Picard with a somewhat older Patrick Stewart. Looking forward to both. As an incentive for you non-Trekkies out there Seven of Nine is in there too, still hot.

Looks good. Westworld is one I need to get round to watching.

It's confused and it doesn't know where it wants to go. They're making it up as they go along, IMO.
That is the impression I get too, but who knows with some of these arty types. The upside is there are nekkid wimmin in it sometimes.

Anyway, if you have the time:

Last edited:

Mrsheeny

Old-Salt
Trailer Park Boys, hilarious.

The trick is you’ve got to be daft as a brush yourself to like it, I’ve got that nailed. Really poor production, poor acting, poor everything but stick with it it’s funny.

It is available on Gold catch up.

The first episode didn't impress me.
The second episode more than made up for the first, the cast was brilliant (IMO).
Haven't watched the third episode yet.

BTW, Gold catch up also has Don't Panic ; The Dads Army Story from the BBC as well.
Worth watching especially for John Sessions as Arthur Lowe.
Downloaded and just watching E1 of Dad's Army.
I'm struggling with the absence of BD. They seem to be wearing some sort of Soviet green flannel. Spoilt it for me.
Sgt Wilson is well cast. I'll watch the rest and hope it gets better.

Just using Catch-up for Alibi to watch series 2 of Harrow (Aussie murder drama starring Ioan Gruffudd).
Caught the last 15 mins of a new Yank detective series called Copper, set in New York just after the end of the Civil War. Seemed different, will give it a go.

exspy

LE
Westworld is one I need to get round to watching.
Westworld will do at some point.
The upside is there are nekkid wimmin in it sometimes.
All the good nudity is in Season 1. It was really cut to the nub (snigger) in Season 2. Full frontals of Thandie Newton (and all the other female-bots) are only shown in the first season.

The plot is the same as every other robot movie/television series ever made anywhere: the bots are becoming self-aware. Watch the first season for the nudity. The second season has more awareness, but almost no nudity.

Cheers,
Dan.

In the early 40's?
Unlikely.
They wore denims when they were called the LVD, issued battledress later. Back then denims was a form of working dress.

The_Home_Guard_1939-1945_H1917.jpg

All the good nudity is in Season 1. It was really cut to the nub (snigger) in Season 2. Full frontals of Thandie Newton (and all the other female-bots) are only shown in the first season.

The plot is the same as every other robot movie/television series ever made anywhere: the bots are becoming self-aware. Watch the first season for the nudity. The second season has more awareness, but almost no nudity.

Cheers,
Dan.
You do know that xhamster exists?

Every day a school day.
I thought BD was the standard of the time. The only denims I saw in my youth, (Early 70's) were the 50's 60's heavy green denim. I always assumed shirts hairy and BD trousers itchy were the only war time uniform.
When combat dress was first issued, a
working dress of a jacket and trousers in a similar denim fabric was also around. The jacket soon got binned, but the trousers were retained. These evolved into the lightweight trousers that we knew and loved.

More new telly series coming in the next few months, it is sort of announcement time at the moment and they are all starting to release info on what is coming soon:

68 Whiskey: This is produced by Ron Howard, so we know it is going to be decent from the get go. It is a military medic theme series, a dark comedy from what I can glean, 68 Whiskey being the trade designation for combat medics.

Coyote: Another in the recent spate of USA/Mexican cartel, border, drug, law enforcement series. The main actor is Michael Chiklis who was in The Shield, Vegas and Gotham - he plays a Border Agent.

Downloaded and just watching E1 of Dad's Army.
I'm struggling with the absence of BD. They seem to be wearing some sort of Soviet green flannel. Spoilt it for me.
Sgt Wilson is well cast. I'll watch the rest and hope it gets better.
In 1940 LDV got an armband. Then another one with Home Guard. Then Denims. BD didn't arrive until much later, along with modern weapons.
Don't forget, most the British Army's kit was now in the stores of the German 6th Army and being counted by Stacker1's Nazi Grandad, on account of being carelessly left at Dunkirk

Every day a school day.
I thought BD was the standard of the time. The only denims I saw in my youth, (Early 70's) were the 50's 60's heavy green denim. I always assumed shirts hairy and BD trousers itchy were the only war time uniform.
BD was the standard, the denims were issued for work details.

Latest Threads