What TV show have you just watched

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
I liked Fleabag. As someone who isn’t bothered about telly, I watched all the first series back to back and the second as they came around. Absolutely terrific. I am actually besotted with her sister. I do not why, but I am.
Some blokes like the neurotic ones. I find apathetic women very attractive

Wanted to see what all the fuss is about so am binge watching Line of Duty. Just finished season 3 and am loving it! What a cracking show!

Killing Eve is well worth a watch and I'm just a little bit in love with Jodie Comer who plays the psychotic Vilanelle brilliantly.

Tried to get into Black Summer but it just wasn't doing it for me .

Episode 1 of Season One of "The Blacklist".
Quite entertaining, funny in places, well acted, and a whole lot of other good stuff like that, but given my experience with its star, James Spader, on film, l keep expecting him to deliberately crash a car into a freeway embankment, drag his female co-star out of the wreckage, and give her a seeing-to while she's bent over the fender of the crashed motor vehicle.

Just look him and David Cronenberg up and you'll see where l am coming from.
You're in for a whirlwind then.
I'm on S06E20 and it's still a good watch. James Spader plays a brilliant lead. If you like Boston Legal, there is an episode later on that will take you right back!

Just binged 'Hanna', a TV adaptation of a young girl brought up to be a jap slapping assassin by a Dad who was in the CIA.
The first episode was shown on Amazon Prime as a teaser earlier in 2019 and the other seven made available in April. The first episode was brilliant and did was it was supposed to do and make you sign up to Prime for the rest (mug).
Mrs Biff and I were excited going into the rest of the series and we just got around to watching it this weekend.
Not to spoil it for others but if you like vacuous, box ticking TV, then this is the one to watch for you.
Apart from the Dad and Hanna, the characters were instantly unlikeable and no attempt was made to draw you in to their reason to exist. This is forgivable in early episodes but when it drags out themes with little meaning to the plot it wears quickly.
In the first three or four episodes we had:
-Mixed race family✔
-Possible gender fluid✔
-Lesbian love interest✔
-Mixed race love interest✔
-All the baddies honkies✔
-Teenage angst✔
-Mention N Africa as a rich cultural smashing place really✔
-Gay bloke interest✔

At one point I wonder if I had missed a few episodes as the plot went off at 180.
More holes in the plot than Blackburn's 4000 and some whoppers. Bloke gets run over from the side one minute, next, he is up and running around shooting people.

I don't mind suspending belief when I watch a good plot, well acted but if this is going to be the future of TV then I'll be watching a lot of old TV reruns.

Last edited:
Starsky and Hutch on Forces tv C181.

Proper cop show

A load of the Seconds From Disaster documentaries as I couldn't seem to find anything decent on Netflix or Amazon. They are as interesting as I remember, for only an hour long show. Though a few would have been better with more detail and time.

The ones I watched covered:

-Chernobyl
-Fukashima
-Deepwater Horizon
-Kursk

Chernobyl. A "must see" even just for the amazingly abysmal Russian mismanagement, as a squaddie I was taught more about nuclear radiation than virtually everyone that lived near or worked on the reactors.

NB. 1 Roentgen =0.877 Rad.... thus when they finally find a decent working Dosimeter and it immediately maxs out at 200 Roentgen..... means your are almost certainly terminally f,ked.

Last edited:
Chernobyl. A "must see" even just for the amazingly abysmal Russian mismanagement, as a squaddie I was taught more about nuclear radiation than virtually everyone that lived near or worked on the reactors.

NB. 1 Roentgen =0.877 Rad.... thus when they finally find a decent working Dosimeter and it immediately maxs out at 200 Roentgen..... means your are almost certainly terminally f,ked.
This gets a 5/5 from me, chilling brilliant TV, top notch.

Honarable mention on iPlayer Last Breath, saturation diver in North Sea, air supply cut of for over 30 mins, when they get him back on board he is alive. Think Abyss but true.

Frightening stuff. Remembering it at the time it wasn't as scary as the later revelations about what happened & how lucky western Europe was.

Well, just finished Lucifer season 4. It’s the usual serving of dodgy murder cases with a self absorbed Satan and a sexy detective who can solve cases but cannot solve the fact that she is working with the Prince of Darkness.

Except this season she does know, and she quite rightly hasn’t got a clue what to do about it.

Plot holes, lame cases, one fvcking annoying character and a token ‘white people are bad mmmkay?’ episode aside.........season 4 was excellent.

Core story was great, some very cool, typical Lucifer scenes, a darker setting a la Netflix and a truly brilliant ending that could either set up season 4 or easily put the whole story to bed.

All good.......or evil. :)

Just binged 'Hanna', a TV adaptation of a young girl brought up to be a jap slapping assassin by a Dad who was in the CIA.
The first episode was shown on Amazon Prime as a teaser earlier in 2019 and the other seven made available in April. The first episode was brilliant and did was it was supposed to do and make you sign up to Prime for the rest (mug).
Mrs Biff and I were excited going into the rest of the series and we just got around to watching it this weekend.
Not to spoil it for others but if you like vacuous, box ticking TV, then this is the one to watch for you.
Apart from the Dad and Hanna, the characters were instantly unlikeable and no attempt was made to draw you in to their reason to exist. This is forgivable in early episodes but when it drags out themes with little meaning to the plot it wears quickly.
In the first three or four episodes we had:
-Mixed race family✔
-Possible gender fluid✔
-Lesbian love interest✔
-Mixed race love interest✔
-All the baddies honkies✔
-Teenage angst✔
-Mention N Africa as a rich cultural smashing place really✔
-Gay bloke interest✔

At one point I wonder if I had missed a few episodes as the plot went off at 180.
More holes in the plot than Blackburn's 4000 and some whoppers. Bloke gets run over from the side one minute, next, he is up and running around shooting people.

I don't mind suspending belief when I watch a good plot, well acted but if this is going to be the future of TV then I'll be watching a lot of old TV reruns.
The film was a colossal anti-climax. It put me off the series. Glad I didn't bother with it.

The film was a colossal anti-climax. It put me off the series. Glad I didn't bother with it.
Well to be honest I think Northern Biffs review is completely wrong, but then peoples tastes differ.
I found the series to be bloody excellent. There were one or two plot holes that don't ruin the story but the show is not a documentary so no biggie.
It has several very cool scenes and it's a good yarn well acted and told.

Series 3 of 'Sneaky Pete' is out in full this week.

It started with maybe a minutes montage of the past two seasons before kicking off the new episode which led to 20 minutes of "who was that again, who is this guy, where did she come from, I thought he died" questions. In future with these types of continuation series I think I may have to do a bit of Wiki reading first to find out what has happened. Anyway, we enjoyed the 1st 3 episodes which is setting up a nice con job story again.

Heads up for those who were into Deadwood, the HBO Movie will be out shortly, the pre-screening reviews have been great so far.

lasfinest.jpg

L.A.'s Finest (Spectrum TV).

Two LAPD hotties kicking in doors, taking down names and generally being the PO-LICE. Wisecracking, gun battles and car chases. Good fun.