What TV show have you just watched

I’ve just watched the second episode of The looming tower and am impressed with it so far.
I don’t know how much artistic licence is involved (google tells me it’s based on a non fiction book)but it seems that infighting between the CIA and FBI lead to several balls being dropped in the years running up to 9-11. Pretty compelling.

I read the book a few years ago & its well worth a read. The series is very close to the book & very well done series it is.

Have just finished The Americans final series via Prime. A bit meh in places through the entire lot. I thought the Elizabeth character a total bitch & wanted her to get slotted in the last ep. Still, the confrontation between them & their FBI best friend was bloody good.

Last ep of latest Line of Duty. Bloody good if not pretty well telegraphed an episode or two back.

Black Summer on Netflix:

Awesome.
Looks like yet another Zombie/Vampire excuse for appalling violence. I bet there's a former Special Operations Soldier involved, though, reluctant to divulge his past (you weren't there, man) and surprising everyone with his speed, aggression and skill to kill with anything at hand. Such a character is mandatory now.

Or maybe not. I'll give it a look. Couldn't get on to Sky Go last night to revisit McMafia, the first episode of which I saw again the other day. Sky takes far too much of my hard-earned dosh, particularly as the Mrs demands the Sports package.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I know it was on before but have just got to the end of Deutschland86 on More4 & catchup.

The sheer all-pervasive evil and utter moral bankruptcy, at every turn, of the East German regime (Corbyn's idea of Heaven) and the loathesomeness of its functionaries were brilliantly depicted. Very tautly edited and made on engage brain & withal hugely entertaining.

The only continuity thing that puzzled me was what the hero used for money while travelling about all over.

I'm with you there.

Season 2 has really dragged it's feet and has spent more time doing back stories without advancing the narrative very far.

Sweeney getting killed off was a real low point, despite the Dead Wife character being utterly unlikeable the dynamic between her and him was excellent.
Thanks, I'm up to S2 E5.

Episode 1 of Season One of "The Blacklist".
Quite entertaining, funny in places, well acted, and a whole lot of other good stuff like that, but given my experience with its star, James Spader, on film, l keep expecting him to deliberately crash a car into a freeway embankment, drag his female co-star out of the wreckage, and give her a seeing-to while she's bent over the fender of the crashed motor vehicle.

Just look him and David Cronenberg up and you'll see where l am coming from.

Limitless, a comedy-drama. Unshaven scruffy bloke called Brian Finch takes a drug called NZT which unlocks his full brain power. He helps the FBI out with stuff. Don't want to spoil it, so I'll just say Brian has a bit of a dark secret, involving a Congressman who doesn't shave properly either.

Female lead is Jennifer Carpenter as FBI Special Agent Rebecca Harris. Despite having taxi door ears, no boobs and a lopsided mouth, she's still quite a hottie.

View attachment 344377
Just binge watched it up to the appalling bad ending of the finale. Obviously, the search for Piper was to continue in Season 2, but CBS cut it so the writers spent five minutes tying up all the loose ends.
Top watch until then.

The Ferris Bueller themed Black Op episode was my fave.

It would have had better ratings if not programmed in conflict with other channels more established offering.

Oddly enough, this week I have mostly been watching the oddly-attractive Jennifer Carpenter once again, this time in Enemy Within. She's supposed to have been a deputy director of the C.I.A, but has gone to jail forever for various BAD THINGS.

However, they let her out (sort of) to help the FBI catch an bad Commie. (A bit like Neil in White Collar.)

Jolly good so far, Ms Carpenter is pretty convincing (if still somewhat deficit in the mammary department)

I have just started watching Homeland. I’m very late to the party but it is excellent so far. Very much a case of ‘just one more episode.....oh, it’s 0200hrs already.
Carrie Mathison - the ultimate danger fcuk!

Carrie Mathison - the ultimate danger fcuk!
Yeah it would be a harrowing couple of hours of "is she going to suck it or cut it off?"

For me what makes it slightly weird is that is certain shots, she looks just like an ex of mine called Andrea. Now she was a box of frogs from Rainham who one minute would be shagging for England and the next throwing pictures at me and biting me. She brought a new meaning to the term "Fvcking Wrongun".

To be honest it could have been a Labour Party Political Broadcast for all I cared. The fact that it starts out with the perfectly stunning Morena Baccarin doing the deed with her lovely charms on show makes it the best thing on TV that I have ever seen.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Much hoo-ha and hype about BBC4 film about Brexit from the EU side, gosh how exciting, featuring arch Eurostinker Guy Verhofstadt. Stuck 5 minutes of it before I realised that a film about a Belgian by a Belgian could only be extremely slow and boring.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
Like a good partner, I agreed to rewatch both series of Fleabag with the Mrs over the past couple of weeks.

I'm secretly besotted with the deliciously posh, broken and filthily smiling Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

Reminds me of an former flame from the late 90's I met at a posh wedding. Ditched me in the eventually and ended up marrying a knobhead working in the square mile.

Like a good partner, I agreed to rewatch both series of Fleabag with the Mrs over the past couple of weeks.

I'm secretly besotted with the deliciously posh, broken and filthily smiling Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

Reminds me of an former flame from the late 90's I met at a posh wedding. Ditched me in the eventually and ended up marrying a knobhead working in the square mile.
I liked Fleabag. As someone who isn’t bothered about telly, I watched all the first series back to back and the second as they came around. Absolutely terrific. I am actually besotted with her sister. I do not why, but I am.