What TV show have you just watched

Anyone watched Maze on netflix, did a quick search. Quite a good film and it has quite a few nice scenes with the sexiest self loading rifle known to man in it............:-D:-D:-D

A couple of episodes of the later season run of CSI: Las Vegas. Quite good, but some of the murders were stomach churningly gory. The second episode was one I took three goes to sit through before I finally cracked it.

Watched a bit of Upstart Crow from the BBC. Funny in places but feels too much like a blatant rip off of Black Adder but not as clever.

Watched a bit of Upstart Crow from the BBC. Funny in places but feels too much like a blatant rip off of Black Adder but not as clever.
It's got David Mitchell in it, who was in precisely one sketch that I found funny. If you want something on the same lines done by a competent comedy ensemble, and not scribed by Ernesto "Che" Guevara, I mean Ben Elton, try:

Bill (2015 film) - Wikipedia

Done by the team behind the first incarnation of the "Horrible Histories" CBBC show. And I don't care what anyone says, that programme was hilarious.

Currently on my couch watching 'Doomsday Preppers' on Netflix and realising that, no matter how nuts or moonbat I might feel.... there's ALWAYS going to be Americans more mental.

Way way way more mental

Just finished the new Bosch.

Left up in the air a bit.............a wait of a year for it to be picked up again, bugger, could be dead by then.

Watching Killing Eve again prior to the next series. Picking up a lot of nuances missed first time around. And 1. Jodie Comer would definitely get it if she begged and 2. I married her character first time around.

Also, was it just me and 0A - when she was on the Graham Norton show, her (born) Scouse accent seemed to wander from there, dither around the Pennines and occasionally visit Newcastle???
Get the book, it's a very good read! A number of differences as well, so you can see where the producer went "That's great but..." went it came to production.

Last episode of season 2 American Gods.
I’m not sure what to make of it all to be honest. Last weeks was the best ep of both series, really bloody amazing and they ended it by ruining the whole show as they killed off what is probably one if the best characters on TV.
This weeks, (the last of the season) was interesting as it progressed the story, but it was missing that character and it is doubtful IMO that the season 3 will manage without.
I'm with you there.

WARNING SPOILERS

Season 2 has really dragged it's feet and has spent more time doing back stories without advancing the narrative very far.

Sweeney getting killed off was a real low point, despite the Dead Wife character being utterly unlikeable the dynamic between her and him was excellent.

TA: Well, guess if you can see what was added in my edit.

Last edited:
Just watching “Jimmy Glass: The Great Escape” on Sky Sports.
As a Carlisle United supporter, this was the stuff of dreams. What a great story!

2 episodes into Ken Burns' 'Civil War'. Very good indeed and a subject I hadn't known very much about.

I’ve just watched the second episode of The looming tower and am impressed with it so far.
I don’t know how much artistic licence is involved (google tells me it’s based on a non fiction book)but it seems that infighting between the CIA and FBI lead to several balls being dropped in the years running up to 9-11. Pretty compelling.

Just finished the new Bosch.

Left up in the air a bit.............a wait of a year for it to be picked up again, bugger, could be dead by then.
Fairly entertaining, until the bit where the producers decided to ram in references to some weird sexual practices under the pretence of it being fashionably normal behaviour (new partner to one of the Detectives gives her background to the Detective while he drives. 20 years ago he'd have had the cuffs on her and she'd have got 5-10 for sick perversion) The ramming scene was inserted wholly gratuitously, and more than a bit awkwardly. I suppose that it's required for today's audiences, but it doesn't half put off some of us.

Fairly entertaining, until the bit where the producers decided to ram in references to some weird sexual practices under the pretence of it being fashionably normal behaviour (new partner to one of the Detectives gives her background to the Detective while he drives. 20 years ago he'd have had the cuffs on her and she'd have got 5-10 for sick perversion) The ramming scene was inserted wholly gratuitously, and more than a bit awkwardly. I suppose that it's required for today's audiences, but it doesn't half put off some of us.
I was ok with that, you just can't tell in California, it did not detract from it for me. I shall have to watch it all again anyway as I was not really following the thread with Jerry Edgar, Bosch's partner. And at the end there were a couple of things that open the door for continuation in the next series - production has already been agreed.

Mr Connelly and his team seem to be using a lot of artistic licence in the story order, not that it detracts as I still enjoy the Bosch stories and the series does a damn fine presentation of the character's.

Last edited:

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
C4 doco on KG VI & secrets etc. Reshash, spin & hype by two bods hoping to sell a book & failing to make their point. But entertaining in parts.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I reckon "H" is that Gill bint.
Ref Line Of Duty, seems I was right, although Season 6 is in the offing so the final piece of the puzzle will be "placed" as they say.

I was ok with that, you just can't tell in California, it did not detract from it for me. I shall have to watch it all again anyway as I was not really following the thread with Jerry Edgar, Bosch's partner. And at the end there were a couple of things that open the door for continuation in the next series - production has already been agreed.

Mr Connelly and his team seem to be using a lot of artistic licence in the story order, not that it detracts as I still enjoy the Bosch stories and the series does a damn fine presentation of the character's.
I'll admit that I spent a lot of time hoping that the character played by Paul Calderon (Jimmy) was expanded; Titus Welliver walks like a duck, which is diverting sometimes, and a bit pencil-necked for an ex-Special Forces Operator (which I suppose all lead players have to be nowadays, to explain the astonishing success of their CQB). He's also a bit wooden, always.

I'll admit that I spent a lot of time hoping that the character played by Paul Calderon (Jimmy) was expanded; Titus Welliver walks like a duck, which is diverting sometimes, and a bit pencil-necked for an ex-Special Forces Operator (which I suppose all lead players have to be nowadays, to explain the astonishing success of their CQB). He's also a bit wooden, always.
You could build a series around 'Jimmy' alone. The fact that he is doing the deed with Verona Blue's character, Shaz, impresses me no end - she has an interesting thespian background, trained at the Old Vic and would probably pick up more work if she did not have blue dreadlocks.

Titus Welliver would not have been my first choice but, he carries it and even Connelly said that he is very happy with his choice. And, yes, I noticed the 'duck walk' too, as for ex-SF there are bleedin fahsunds of them over here and they come in all shapes and sizes.

I’ve just watched the second episode of The looming tower and am impressed with it so far.
I don’t know how much artistic licence is involved (google tells me it’s based on a non fiction book)but it seems that infighting between the CIA and FBI lead to several balls being dropped in the years running up to 9-11. Pretty compelling.
Watched it last year on Prime - good series