What TV show have you just watched

Episode 1 of Farscape. Really good, some nice special effects, great puppetry, and Claudia Black is awesome.

Thanks to Grim and Trans for the heads-up.
(I don't know how to link user names, sorry.)
I was thinking WTF when I read this, but I was all mixed up with Firefly (which I think is rubbish).

But I agree, that Farscape was bloody good, it was just a bit different to most other sci-fi shows with an interesting style and imagery.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Friday and getting my internet connection activated by BT. I'm missing the simple pleasures of slobbing out after work on the sofa and watching some telly. As Freeview is **** and I don't get paid til a week today so can't afford to go swimming daily like I wish.

Next season of Bosch, the Grand Tour episodes I've missed and maybe some Star Trek. Rock on

I watched a Tivo'd episode of '24 Hours in Police Custody' last night.

It was about a surgeon who reckoned he'd had his house broken into and half a million's worth of antiques stolen.

The cop in charge of the investigation thought it all sounded a bit dodgy and started to investigate.

The surgeon came across as immensely arrogant and a self entitled tw@t but he cooked his goose when he sent a picture of a fireplace that he reckoned had been nicked.

It was taken on an Iphone with full EXIF and GPS data in it. The photo was taken months after the alleged burglary took place at the surgeon's parent's house in Ireland. Even then he tried to bullshit his way out of it.

He got 6 years at trial :applaud:

Well worth watching on All 4.

I'm looking forward to Friday and getting my internet connection activated by BT. I'm missing the simple pleasures of slobbing out after work on the sofa and watching some telly. As Freeview is **** and I don't get paid til a week today so can't afford to go swimming daily like I wish.

Next season of Bosch, the Grand Tour episodes I've missed and maybe some Star Trek. Rock on
I've been out shopping and walking today, well, mainly walking, at least according to my phone's Google Fit app thingy. In my least favourite weather too, I may add, so I've not done much telly watching. It gets used as a monitor mostly these days. 42 inches for the win, as they say.

I might give Farscape episode 2 a go round.

I've been out shopping and walking today, well, mainly walking, at least according to my phone's Google Fit app thingy. In my least favourite weather too, I may add, so I've not done much telly watching. It gets used as a monitor mostly these days. 42 inches for the win, as they say.

I might give Farscape episode 2 a go round.
I like to get out for walks or go swimming but to be honest, there's only so much of Barrow you can face seeing. I tend to leave exploring to the weekends, or at least I did in Plymouth and Bristol.

Looking at my work history these days, I alternate shit with good places to live. So, since Barrow is bottom of every barrel, the next job should take me somewhere close to paradise :p

I like to get out for walks or go swimming but to be honest, there's only so much of Barrow you can face seeing. I tend to leave exploring to the weekends, or at least I did in Plymouth and Bristol.

Looking at my work history these days, I alternate shit with good places to live. So, since Barrow is bottom of every barrel, the next job should take me somewhere close to paradise :p
As a Whitehaven lad, all I can say is - you poor, poor bar steward! What did you do in another life to end up in Barrow in Furness? :smile:

As a Whitehaven lad, all I can say is - you poor, poor bar steward! What did you do in another life to end up in Barrow in Furness? :smile:

Dunno about a previous life, I'm racking my brains to remember if I've committed some sort of heinous crime in this one, let alone the others.

Nothing could deserve this. I blame the merciless battle for career progression in the MoD. Bar stewards

By comparison that'll be Mogadishu.

I was thinking WTF when I read this, but I was all mixed up with Firefly (which I think is rubbish).

But I agree, that Farscape was bloody good, it was just a bit different to most other sci-fi shows with an interesting style and imagery.
I loved Farscape... great fun, hot women and aliens and lots of explosions.

I bought the limited edition dvd set for about £45 four or five years ago. Contains every episode and the two part film/miniseries which wound it all up.

It's currently selling for £200 plus these days, if you can find a copy...they only made 1000 of them.

I have just watched the most recent ep of American Gods, and there is a strong possibility that they have just completely ruined the series.
To be honest, I've never particularly enjoyed anything by Gaiman beyond his Pratchett collaboration.... However, if you are right, several of my colleagues are likely set for major disappointment as they love American God's

To be honest, I've never particularly enjoyed anything by Gaiman beyond his Pratchett collaboration.... However, if you are right, several of my colleagues are likely set for major disappointment as they love American God's
It has proven to be a good show so far. A few excellent characters, with great stories interspersed with the rare filler episode. Tonight's was a totally brilliant episode with a shocking and to be honest really shitty ending.

That bad that I may not bother watching the show much in future. It will depend on the next couple of shows.

Season One, Episode 2 of Farscape. Space cockroaches! Aeryn Sun overheating! Lots of clones of Crichton running around! And copious amounts of blue goo!

Quite good overall, but the message of the episode was a bit too Disney for my liking. And it was funny to see all the Peacekeeper Commandoes wearing heavy mascara - including the blokes.

Gentleman Jack. Surrane Jones stars
Gentleman Jack is a British-American historical drama series created by Sally Wainwright.[a] Set in 1832 and starring Suranne Jones as noted landowner and industrialist Anne Lister, The series is based on the collective diaries of Anne Lister, which contain over 4 million words and are written largely in secret code.[5]
Based in Halifax, Anne was well known for being a tough as nails, business minded, lesbian. Enjoyed the first episode and will be interested to see where the rest of the series goes

I watched a Tivo'd episode of '24 Hours in Police Custody' last night.

It was about a surgeon who reckoned he'd had his house broken into and half a million's worth of antiques stolen.

The cop in charge of the investigation thought it all sounded a bit dodgy and started to investigate.

The surgeon came across as immensely arrogant and a self entitled tw@t but he cooked his goose when he sent a picture of a fireplace that he reckoned had been nicked.

It was taken on an Iphone with full EXIF and GPS data in it. The photo was taken months after the alleged burglary took place at the surgeon's parent's house in Ireland. Even then he tried to bullshit his way out of it.

He got 6 years at trial :applaud:

Well worth watching on All 4.
That was one of the most satisfying things i have ever watched .

The Bay on ITV finished last night, watchable only because we had nothing else to watch, usual PC appointments with the female lead detective who although suspended cracked the case wide open. A big Meh!

That was one of the most satisfying things i have ever watched .

Just watched it, agreed. He thought he was so smart.
I love the bit at the briefing about over shoes and he will claim damage...
Cue yeah he's suing us for damages..
I bet he has had the arrogance smacked out of him now.