What TV show have you just watched

Just watched the last ever Grand Tour studio edition.

Bit dusty in a couple of places for some reason.
Yeah, but they are doing another season, just a different format.

TBH there was never really much in the way of audience participation and it is an easy way of removing some of the logistics (cost) involved in making the programme.

Yeah, but they are doing another season, just a different format.

TBH there was never really much in the way of audience participation and it is an easy way of removing some of the logistics (cost) involved in making the programme.
I think that it is a good choice. The road trips and expeditions have been the best part of TG and TGT for the past 10 years anyway so crack on with them.

I do think that the death of the Ford medium saloon/hatchback and also the goodbye piece was very well done though. Also Clarksons emotions weren't faked, it is clear what the whole show means to him.

I think that it is a good choice. The road trips and expeditions have been the best part of TG and TGT for the past 10 years anyway so crack on with them.

I do think that the death of the Ford medium saloon/hatchback and also the goodbye piece was very well done though. Also Clarksons emotions weren't faked, it is clear what the whole show means to him.
I am watching it tonight, mid-afternoon here now.

Depends how they change the format, I am sure the three will still get together for their shenanigans.

We still get endless repeats of TG over here on BBC America, it is very popular with the colonials..............and it has, gasp, shock, horror, advert breaks. Beeb making some money on the QT on top of their licensing income.

I'd also like to see 5th Gear back too.

Currently watching WW2s most daring raids - on Op Husky.

Must admit I am learning something as I had previously thought the invasion of Sicily was an allied affair but according to this programme it only involved the Americans. :rolleyes:

Anna Soubry, who'd a thought it, big hair, DPM, espousing the fine qualities of British troops in 1989, of whom many now number among the middle aged fascists (Leavers) she condemned on TV.

How, I wonder, did she manage to remove so many links and references to her presenting of the regiment -v- regiment Combat skills competition in the 1980s? No trace Wikipedia, No trace IMDB, No Trace personal Biography.

'Combat' 1989

Nevertheless, damn good show!

Picked up Egypts Lost Cities off Iplayer over the weekend. Its an updated 2011 doc about the use of satellite imagery used in archaeology with IR being used to scan Egypts sites & deserts by a US team. The IR picks up density differences in sand/stone/clay bricks so were able to pinpoint unknown locations & also clarify existing ancient sites where more areas for exploration were found. A cracking program updated with what had happened since the arab spring. Very interesting stuff.

Episode 5 of Season Two of "The Man in the High Castle". Was good, but the twisty ending was twisty. Well acted, though.

Anna Soubry, who'd a thought it, big hair, DPM, espousing the fine qualities of British troops in 1989, of whom many now number among the middle aged fascists (Leavers) she condemned on TV.

How, I wonder, did she manage to remove so many links and references to her presenting of the regiment -v- regiment Combat skills competition in the 1980s? No trace Wikipedia, No trace IMDB, No Trace personal Biography.

'Combat' 1989

Nevertheless, damn good show!
After seeing who her co start was I'm glad I was being beasted around Gib Bks at the time, knowing that whiny scouse affecting accented gobshite was on TV would make the beastings seem preferable.

Just finished watching 'Black Summer' on Netflix. As an unashamed fan of the zombie genre, I'll watch pretty much any movie or tv series involving them, but often end up disappointed by the low budget crap that gets released.

Luckily, I can say that I wasn't at all disappointed by this new series. Plenty of action, unexpected twists, and a real feeling of urgency. I usually prefer the slower 'George Romero' type of zombies, but the running zombies really work here, and increase the 'edge of seat' factor by about 10.

Some critics have complained about the lack of character development, but in my opinion this only serves to emphasise the fleeting nature of the relationships between the survivors.

I really enjoyed this (despite the fast zombies), and am looking forward to Season 2.

Just finished watching 'Black Summer' on Netflix. As an unashamed fan of the zombie genre, I'll watch pretty much any movie or tv series involving them, but often end up disappointed by the low budget crap that gets released.

Luckily, I can say that I wasn't at all disappointed by this new series. Plenty of action, unexpected twists, and a real feeling of urgency. I usually prefer the slower 'George Romero' type of zombies, but the running zombies really work here, and increase the 'edge of seat' factor by about 10.

Some critics have complained about the lack of character development, but in my opinion this only serves to emphasise the fleeting nature of the relationships between the survivors.

I really enjoyed this (despite the fast zombies), and am looking forward to Season 2.

I'm a couple of episodes into this and it not too bad but I have noticed the 'thick gene' which seems to be present in all Zombie apocalypse survivors creeping in.
The Walking Dead became unwatchable for me as I'd just get so annoyed at how stupid they were. From the simple take a second and check that door/gate is shut to the 'we know X doesn't work so lets do X again' (whys that sounding familiar right now??) and not bother with any form of defence in depth so they get overwhelmed when that single strand of barbed wire doesn't keep out anything.

Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday. Pretty good as always and easy to watch after a crap day at work. Besides, Barrow is undergoing it's daily rain cleansing so there's sod else to do.

Featured an appearance by the irritating, preachy Dr Lynette Meatpacker..... I mean Nusbacher.

Which was regrettable but bearable.

Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday. Pretty good as always and easy to watch after a crap day at work. Besides, Barrow is undergoing it's daily rain cleansing so there's sod else to do.

Featured an appearance by the irritating, preachy Dr Lynette Meatpacker..... I mean Nusbacher.

Plus one for all the above.

Except Barrow. Never been.

It sounds vile.

Slow Oddysey - An Eagles Flight - BBC 4 - Tuesday 16th April @ 23:30
(BBC 4 so may be repeated on BBC 4 and appear on BBC 2 fairly soon)

The format will be familiar to those of us who enjoyed watching a canal boat navigating the Kennet and Avon canal or a bus ride through the dales or wherever it was. There is no narration so you can simply enjoy the views from the eagles back and listen to the background sounds. Interesting facts appear as floating text on screen.

Photography from the eagle mounted camera may be of interest to drone and aerial photography fans. I wonder if @Ravers has considered or tried falconry with on bird cams in stead of drones?

Description from the web page:

"Take a flight on a summer morning with a white-tailed eagle around the beautiful Isle of Mull on Scotland's west coast. A falconry-trained sea eagle wearing a specially designed on-board camera is the only way to glimpse the lives of these rare and protected species. From the high tops of Crois Bheinn on the remote Morvern Peninsula, the eagle traverses across beautiful rolling moors and glens, along craggy cliff faces and finally ventures towards the Sound of Mull. With a two-metre wingspan, it is the biggest bird around - but that doesn't stop it being challenged by noisy crows and ravens. After its long flight, the hungry eagle is finally drawn down to the coast by the promise of a fish. Flying through torrential rain, it dives at over 100mph to grab the fish from a coastal pool before being reunited with its handler. "

Homepage: BBC iPlayer - Turtle, Eagle, Cheetah: A Slow Odyssey - An Eagles Flight

Clip: BBC Four - Turtle, Eagle, Cheetah: A Slow Odyssey, A flight in the rain

Just watched 'The Great British School Swap' on C4. Slightly contrived but also quite informative of the differences between communities. As usual the kids were totally non PC and quite entertaining.

An added bonus is that you can imagine gammons all over the country exploding in outrage... :mrgreen:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
'Lost in Space ' on Netflix

A re-boot of the old 1960s TV series, with a scarier version of Robbie the Robot and a female Dr Zachary Smith being all evil,and self-centred.

Lost in Space | Netflix Official Site

It's quite good.

He was a weird annoying cuñt before he went wibble and lopped off his cock.

He was a weird annoying cuñt before he went wibble and lopped off his cock.
Was he/she/it a lecturer at Sandhurst at one time?