What TV show have you just watched

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Warrior - Chinese bloke goes to 19th century San Francisco to search for a girl. Plenty of naked Chinese birds and the odd white one, loads of Kung Fu choppy choppy stuff as well.
Warrior (TV series) - Wikipedia

Just managed to Source "Hackerville" off German eBay ('my friends' were unable to secure it from *other means*; odd really for a show about computer crime).

Really looking forward to this, bit of a concentrated watch as it is in German/Romanian with English subtitles.

When you really like a TV show.....

Just up to ep3 of Hanna on Amazon.
Some kind of Nikita / Killing Eve mash up.

It stars the guy out of Altered Carbon as the Dad and some young lass as a kind of Hit Girl (Kick
Ass).
Very good so far. A couple of holes in the plot but it’s all good.

Edit: quite a few plot holes actually
Me and the missus binge watched that. Very enjoyable as a sit back and switch off tv series. Also binge watched After Life.
Ricky Gervais tv series. Love him or hate him (I'm not a massive fan) this was brilliant! Some cracking funnies eg

Kid: Paedo!
Ricky Gervais Character: What?
Kid: Paedo!
RGC: I'm not, but if I was, you'd be safe you chubby ginger c**t!

Well worth a watch.

Binged watched 'Collateral' on Netflix

'Tec getting called out from home at night to investigate a murder, not the night duty CID????
SOCO who is also a copper?????
Soldiers saluting without heardwear???? Not returning salute when wearing trendy blue beret????
Sniping with a 9mm handgun????
'Tec on duty for 72hours but boss kicking off because she got a result, not because of overtime?????

Aside from that, enjoyed the acting by Carey Mulligan and seeing my old ground, Southwark.
Enjoyable rather than enthralling.

When you really like a TV show.....

There is a season 5?
Enjoyed the first few episodes but the style changed and it got a bit unoriginal.

There is a season 5?
Enjoyed the first few episodes but the style changed and it got a bit unoriginal.
I think they are filming season 4 now; Rami Malek hinted at a season 5 but has yet to be confirmed.

Some of my favourite TV. As ever....

The Highwaymen (Netflix, 2019).

Based on true characters (Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker aka Bonnie and Clyde. Obvs. Plus the 2 ((sometime)) Texas Rangers who hunted them down) and set at the time of the beginning of their hunt and the end result.

The main protagonists are delightfully under-played by Kevin Costner (in my view, a much underrated actor) and the Go To Guy for hoary functioning (but righteous) alcoholic, Woody Harrelson. The whole appears to capture pre-War Texas excellently-'justice' being a relative term, good ol' down home political gerrymandering and the almost YouTube-like public adoration of what were essentially two brutal killers.

It's interesting that, for the bulk of the film, there are no full-facial shots of Bonnie and Clyde: almost every scene in which they feature, up to the final 10 minutes, are shot from middle distance and usually from behind. And when both are finally viewed in close up, you realise how . . . ordinary . . . they both appear.

In the acting stakes, for me, Harrelson shades it over Costner: he does unshaven, washed-up cop like no other, though with an underlying sense of right over wrong that's hard to deny him. Plus, he gets to deliver two of the most driest and deadpan comments in the piece.

Slow burning, little CGI and crap users of firearms shown to be . . . well . . . crap at shooting.

Ditto to Still Game here. I watched the BBC scotland fan piece after the final episode too,. That was quite good in parts. Some utter fan loons.

Secrets of the Valley of the Kings on one of the Ch 4 channels. If you're a bit of an Egyptology buff like me you'll love this. Some superb finds in a couple of sites they are looking at. Cracking series. Ep 2/4 so far.
Thread drift..... I like the way that the lunatic fringe always point with trembling fingers at those pyramids that are scattered across the globe, all built by different ancient cultures, as 'proof' of aliens/timetravel/life on ITV. It somehow has never occurred to any of them that if you want to build a BFO tall building out of stone, the only way forward is to start with a very wide base and reduce it as you go up. The wider the base, the higher you can go. It'll last forever too.

Idiots.

In the acting stakes, for me, Harrelson shades it over Costner: he does unshaven, washed-up cop like no other, though with an underlying sense of right over wrong that's hard to deny him. Plus, he gets to deliver two of the most driest and deadpan comments in the piece.
Would one be the statutory "Halt" before Bonnie and Clyde were turned into Strawberry Jam?

I'll check that out, thanks.

From a history I read a long time ago the pair were not terribly nice, but they walked into a very well planned ambush by the Rangers that was much more "kill" than "capture".

The OA on Netflix.

Pretentious shite, or enigmatic genius?

I can't decide, but I'll plough on nonetheless

Has anyone mention on this thread Race Across the World yet.

BBC Two - Race Across the World

For those not in the know, it's a show whereby 5 couples (originally), are given the standard air fare to Singapore, but have to make their way their without flying as part of a race. Of course they have to avoid hot spots around the ME, so travel east around the old Soviet Stan countries and China.

I fond it very entertaining but feel that 2000+ miles sat on cramped trains and buses with little or no sleep can't be captured in a hour's show. I've done 12+ hours on a cramped stinky bus from Delhi to Dehra Dun and the pain and pure uncomfortableness cannot never be described in words.

Still find the concept interesting and shows what can be done given the right incentives and a bit of ingenuity.

Does anyone else think that Darron, the northerner travelling with his son Alex has a whiff of camouflage about him?
I have just finished it and really enjoyed it. I was glad about who was last as they were annoying. I did like how Alex turned out as he was a whinging teen at the start.