What TV show have you just watched

Fleabag is great TV. But probably marmite for some, I love it
I hate Ricky Gervais but After life is extraordinary
Just watching American gods series one to prep for series two.

Cheat. ITV.
Should have been 2 episodes not 4.

Baptiste. BBC Still liking it.

Original Prime Suspect, (not the one with the seriously cute Stefanie Martini), the one with Ford Capris, Panda Cars, Mobile Phones the size of Bricks, 4mb PC's with 14" Monitors with 'C' Prompt green screens, and smoking in the office. Dated but still good.

Stefanie Martini
1553265254925.png

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Anybody watching Doom Patrol, series based on DC Comics? Doom Patrol (TV series) - Wikipedia
It's a bit strange, but does star the lovely Diane Guerrero as Jane, one of her many (64) personalities.
1553435785781.png

Baptiste Episode 2 lived up to expectations. Tom Hollander (as usual) is superb. One question though? Why do people always let the man in to read the meter, without question? Baptiste’s wife did it in the cliffhanger last night, despite the fact the murderer (meter man) called by in the evening!
Is it just me, or was the final episode a bit of an anticlimax. Both the current mrs_mush and me had clocked the baddie two episodes ago.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or was the final episode a bit of an anticlimax. Both the current mrs_mush and me had clocked the son as the baddie two episodes ago.
Damn! Haven’t watched the final episode yet, but no surprises there! Have to say, the series has not really lived up to expectations, after a very promising start.

Watched the S2 Finale for Tin Star. Somewhat confusing in places and ends up more like the "Amishtown Massacre" than a coherent drama.

Shame as I liked S1 but S2 hasn't quite grabbed me. The final season is apparently in the works but I ain't sure I'll eventually bother.

I've been blitzing a few series over the last few months.

Person of Interest i've done all series up to date. Not bad in a leave brain at the door sort of level.
Life in Pieces. Quality stuff this. Bloody funny & superb script.
Hell on Wheels. Series 1 a bit naff but then just gets going & keeps going. Slight slow down in S3 but keeps it up until the end. Worth a watch if your into Westerns
New Amsterdam. Its a bit like an updated ER but better imo. Good lead character with nice back story.
Homecoming. With Ms Roberst about squaddies in US coming back from Afghan. Shit imo. Couldn't stick with it.
American Gods. Fook me, just as good as S1. Loving it.

Damn! Haven’t watched the final episode yet, but no surprises there! Have to say, the series has not really lived up to expectations, after a very promising start.
My apologies, not very thinking of me to spoil it for those yet to watch it. I've edited my post just in case anyone else yet to read the thread hasn't watched it either.

Horse, door, bolted. I know, mea culpa.

Does anybody else always finish up the evening slightly pissed and watching old episodes of Wheeler Dealers/Impossible Engineering/ Mighty Ships or is it just me?
I do it sober. Except Wheeler Dealers. Mike Brewer pisses me right off.

A couple of episodes of "New Amsterdam". That the guy who's the main character is actually based somewhat on a real person is rather eyebrow-raising for me. As is the fact I quite enjoy it, whereas most other medical shows that aren't "Scrubs"'s first eight seasons actually make me want to rip my eyeballs out.

It has been renewed for a new season, which is good.

My apologies, not very thinking of me to spoil it for those yet to watch it. I've edited my post just in case anyone else yet to read the thread hasn't watched it either.

Horse, door, bolted. I know, mea culpa.
No worries and no need to apologise. We had worked out Baptiste’s lad was a bad ‘un!
A very disappointing final episode in our opinion - the shoot out in the car with Jessica Raine was ridiculous and how did a runt like Tom Hollander get the better of a trained thug who had just murdered his ex wife and partner?
Still, that apart, it was a good watch and better than a lot of the dross on TV.
Back to Deutschland 86!

A couple of episodes of "New Amsterdam". That the guy who's the main character is actually based somewhat on a real person is rather eyebrow-raising for me. As is the fact I quite enjoy it, whereas most other medical shows that aren't "Scrubs"'s first eight seasons actually make me want to rip my eyeballs out.

It has been renewed for a new season, which is good.
I finished S1 last night & its a cracking show. Sometimes its not an easy watch either but the script is excellent & the lead role is filled perfectly -the blokes character is incredibly likeable. Tempted to try & find the book its based upon now.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Watched the S2 Finale for Tin Star. Somewhat confusing in places and ends up more like the "Amishtown Massacre" than a coherent drama.

Shame as I liked S1 but S2 hasn't quite grabbed me. The final season is apparently in the works but I ain't sure I'll eventually bother.
I enjoyed season 1. Watched the first episode of season 2 and just couldn’t get into it. I think the main problem was that there was too long a break between the seasons.