What TV show have you just watched

I’ve got Amazon so I think I’ll give that a go.
Was it yerself that said it was off putting that he looked like Jimmy Nesbitt? Don’t watch Sons of Anarchy then ‘cos he does the accent too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T'was me...especially as we'd just finished watching 'Babylon'. but I've got used to it now. Nearly finished S4.

I watched the first season and thought it was okayish. I’ve just watched the first episode of season 2 and was wondering where it was going to go, given that Tim Roth’s drunken, law breaking, bereaved Police chief had basically come to the end of any plausible road. I don’t think I’ll waste any more time on it, given the multitude of other dramas and box sets out there.
Thanks to both of you for that. I was going to give that a go next. I won't bother.

I have just finished watching the last episode of the Channel 5 series, "Raw Recruits - Squaddies at 16". Quite poignant in parts, but fricking annoying at others - and mostly the same daft wee boy was responsible for both!

I'm glad so many of the platoon got through - they worked hard enough for it. I particularly liked it that young Brown made to at least Phase 2 training with my old Corps.

An oldie - (Sir) Michael Caine and Lewis Collins in Jack The Ripper. Pretty good, big budget TV show and MC plays a cracking part but then again so do the others.

Jack the Ripper (TV Series 1988) - IMDb . You might find it online and it's three hours long.

Had a look at the new Das Boot and much prefer the 1985 TV series in German. The IMDB says U-995 is the only remaining Type VIIC submarine, and she's been a museum boat at Laboe - Germany since 1971.

An oldie - (Sir) Michael Caine and Lewis Collins in Jack The Ripper. Pretty good, big budget TV show and MC plays a cracking part but then again so do the others.

Jack the Ripper (TV Series 1988) - IMDb . You might find it online and it's three hours long.

Had a look at the new Das Boot and much prefer the 1985 TV series in German. The IMDB says U-995 is the only remaining Type VIIC submarine, and she's been a museum boat at Laboe - Germany since 1971.
Jack the Ripper

After hearing mucho acclaim from everyone I decided to give Russian Doll a go.

Started off disliking every character in it, & continued to dislike them again & again & again.

They're the kinds of self absorbed, flaky, pseuds that Woody Allen made some very funny & enjoyable films about 40 years ago. This just makes them unlikeable and tedious.

If you enjoy it then fair enough, you just like different things to me.
I gave up after 10 minutes of the first episode. Harvey Korman summed it up for me:

I was just looking to see when the new Bosch is coming out on @mazon: I see that not only are we waiting for this new season but, @mazon have already done the deal for the following season.

Excitement and anticipation! I do like a good Bosch.

Last edited:
I've read the first Harry Bosch book, "The Black Echo", and quite liked it, so I am interested to know if there are any problems with with the series turning Bosch from a Vietnam veteran to one of the Gulf War - (because of the makers pinging the time line forward twenty years according to the shows Wikipedia page).

The guy who plays Bosch seems rather compelling in the clips of the show I have seen.
I believe the character changing to a Gulf War vet got the OK because Titus plays the written Bosch to a 'T', unlikable at times, arrogant, mouthy, but willing to push the envelope to get results, Bosch is one series I look for the release date, which is usually April.

After hearing mucho acclaim from everyone I decided to give Russian Doll a go.

Started off disliking every character in it, & continued to dislike them again & again & again.

They're the kinds of self absorbed, flaky, pseuds that Woody Allen made some very funny & enjoyable films about 40 years ago. This just makes them unlikeable and tedious.

If you enjoy it then fair enough, you just like different things to me.
Agreed, unlikable silly characters series got 'adiosed amigoed' after 2.25 episodes.

I believe the character changing to a Gulf War vet got the OK because Titus plays the written Bosch to a 'T', unlikable at times, arrogant, mouthy, but willing to push the envelope to get results, Bosch is one series I look for the release date, which is usually April.
Being an ardent Bosch fan boy I had a bit of a mental flip flop when, in the first series, the Gulf War connection and not Vietnam came out. I very quickly settled into it as the way Welliver portrays the character more than makes up for any slight discrepencies in the TV story lines.

Episode 6 of Grand Tour S3. Utterly dire. After an early peak in the excellent Columbian Special, this was just dull.
Last weeks wasn't too good either. Much as I like Jim Clark, it was definitely scraping the barrel considering it is supposed to be an internationally targetted show. It has become a "what we did the last time we were allowed out without our carers" type of a show.

Does it impress me they manage to blag 'test sessions' with exotic cars and then buy them (probably at trade price) for doing a good review? Does it impress me that they sit there all superior and casually name drop the very expensive cars we mere mortals will never own? It all gets very tedious having nouveaus trotting out their lists of shiny things, why not show some real cars for real people for a change............they used to back on TG before it became a lad's night out show.

And why is Clarkson hiding a beachball under his shirt?

Thanks to both of you for that. I was going to give that a go next. I won't bother.

I gave Tin Star a couple of episodes then part way through the third I canned it. It just didn't grip me enough.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Oddbod Shooting, Hunting and Fishing 3
Sadurian Brexit 1321
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 39