What TV show have you just watched

Grand Tour - utter shit, utter lazy writing, same format, bad acting shit.

Saying that though, i will probably still keep watching it every Friday - says a lot about me i suppose.
Also, what is with Hammond and all that hair dye? Little bastard does not want to grow old.
The 2 part Columbia special was decent but I have my doubts as to how many specials the season will contain.... as they tend to be the only ones worth watching.

Saying that though, i will probably still keep watching it every Friday - says a lot about me i suppose.
Also, what is with Hammond and all that hair dye? Little bastard does not want to grow old.

Gotta disagree. GT is more tongue in cheek than TG, but, in my opinion, even better. I've just finished season 1, and am starting season 2.

I like the way that in S2 they have listened to the feedback and dropped the bits that weren't popular, like the idiot American racing driver. I can't see the BBC being that agile and responsive to it's customer feedback. Apparently, in the latest series, they are dropping all studio bits and purely doing the Specials. The only problem I foresee is that either they run out of planet, or one of them croaks (Clarkson has left giving up smoking just a tad too late methinks....., he ain't looking well). Either way, whether TG or GT, the programme is still genius.

Yup, the second series has really started off cracking. My favourite Star Trek type show so far.
They brought Michelle Yeoh back. Bonus!

PS: No way the short fat redhead finished a half marathon, let alone came first.

Last edited:
Just finished Russian Doll on Netflix.
Really enjoyed it, quite funny, great writing and a very enjoyable story and character.

Warning: no boobies or guns. Just a very clever analogy.

Last edited:
She's morphed into a distended, bloated balloon...... Must have taken a (very) large ship to get to Hollywood, an aircraft would never have done the job.
Maybe she got fat after Owain Yeoman binned her, or maybe she got fat and then he binned her.

Been watching Documental on Amazon. A weird sort of comedy 'Mexican Faceoff' where 10 Japanese comedians each put 1million Yen (about £7,000) in the pot and then try to make eachother laugh with the last one standing after 6 hours the winner.

Quite funny, though seriously weird as the timer reaches the last hour. Like, seriously "Only in Japan" weird.

Just started to watch the "Dexter " box- set again, I never thought I'd see the day when American TV would rise above "I Love Lucy " but now with all the classy TV programmes, Hollywood is dead in the water.

Just started to watch the "Dexter " box- set again, I never thought I'd see the day when American TV would rise above "I Love Lucy " but now with all the classy TV programmes, Hollywood is dead in the water.
Unfortunately they really messed up with the final series of Dexter - especially the weird, amateurish ending. It blighted a fantastic series in my humble opinion.
Six Foot Under set the bar really high with a perfect sign off to the very final episode, which left no loose ends whatsoever. That’s how you close a high quality series!

Last Man Standing.
Only recently found this,stars Tim Allen.Wasn't keen on him( Home Improvement,anyone?)but this is actually not bad.Allen is a republican and a Trump supporter.The show was cancelled on ABC even though it was still getting good ratings.The network denied that the decision was political.
Allen plays Mike Baxter,who is surrounded by women at home,wife and three daughters.He works at a hunting/shooting type camping store and believes men should be manly.Some good exchanges with his eldest daughter's lefty snowflake boyfriend.
Fox actually picked it up after it got canned.

Have been addicted to Gomorrah - Italian drug dealers in Naples. Just fantastic, pacey, don't get to like characters too much as the death count is larger than Game of Thrones. Sort of got into Italian Gangster Rap which is a who new musical genre for me. The most amazing thing is they film it all without showing any of the nice bits of Naples and Rome. Series 4 will be out soon.

Have been addicted to Gomorrah - Italian drug dealers in Naples. Just fantastic, pacey, don't get to like characters too much as the death count is larger than Game of Thrones. Sort of got into Italian Gangster Rap which is a who new musical genre for me. The most amazing thing is they film it all without showing any of the nice bits of Naples and Rome. Series 4 will be out soon.
Thing is, the 'nice bits' of Rome and Naples actually make up only a small bit of each city. Main, non-touristy bits are quite dire due to the local city authorities being far too stretched to even provide basic services.

However, Naples is a really rough place if you ain't careful.

Gomorrah is excellent

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Also, what is with Hammond and all that hair dye? Little bastard does not want to grow UP. /QUOTE]
Subtle change.

Just finished Russian Doll on Netflix.
Really enjoyed it, quite funny, great writing and a very enjoyable story and character.

Warning: no boobies or guns. Just a very clever analogy.
Started watching this and gave up after 20 minutes, but I had other things occupying my attention at the time so I'll give it another go.

Just started ‘The Good Place’ on Netflix.
It’s bloody funny so far, really good.
Loved this, although a little bit saccharine in places, it's funny enough to forgive!

Just finished series 1 of Good Girls on Netflix, very good. Three women trying to dig themselves and their families out of a financial hole through illegal means just manage to dig themselves deeper...

Episode 2 of Danny Dyer's documentary series, "Danny's Right Royal Family".

I enjoyed it as much as the first episode - which was a hell of a lot more than I expected to do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Oddbod Shooting, Hunting and Fishing 3
Sadurian Brexit 1321
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 39