What TV show have you just watched

Succumbed to the hype and binge watched The Bodyguard tonight. Is it just me or did it turn into a load of bollocks after the 2nd episode

An episode of Traffic Cops, hosted by a surprisingly watchable Jamie Theakston, and set in North Yorkshire, followed by one of Heavy Rescue: 401 (set in Canada, and mostly filmed in the area of that highway in Ontario, hence the title.)

Some of the people both sets of main characters have to deal with would make you despair of humanity.
Especially the idiots featured in Heavy Rescue: Highway 401 who were driving past a wrecked semi-truck in the dark - and during a snowstorm - when the recovery crews are trying to get the rig out of there, and still doing about Mach One, inches away from the poor bastards.

Heavy Rescue: 401 - Wikipedia for more on that particular show.

Watched episode 1 of The First. It's an 8-parter about the first manned mission to Mars. It's a very slow burner after a dramatic first ten minutes but Sean Penn and Natascha McElhone star so I'm going to give it a few episodes.

Some returning shows

Midnight Texas Season 2 26 October 2018
Outlander Season 4 4 November 2018
Vikings Season 5 (Part 2) 28 November 2018
Berlin Station Season 3 3 December 2018
Travelers Season 3 no confirmed release date but assumed to be in December

The Big Bang Theory is back for its final season. I'll miss you Penny.

Watched episode 1 of The First. It's an 8-parter about the first manned mission to Mars. It's a very slow burner after a dramatic first ten minutes but Sean Penn and Natascha McElhone star so I'm going to give it a few episodes.
See my post #6,341
"Slow burner"?
I thought it was shite but I'd be interested if your review is similar to mine by the end of E3

I had the misfortune of flicking channels last night and came across For Facts Sake, the latest BBC vehicle for that terminally unfunny prick Brendon O’Carroll (Mrs Browns Boys).
What is the Beebs obsession with him? They ban the likes of It Ain’t Half Hot Mum and Benny Hill, due to them being ‘outdated and non-pc’ and yet they give this idiot masses of airtime. Is it because he ticks a few of the diversity boxes (Southern Irish and occasional tranny)?
No doubt some on here get his humour, but I think him and his extended family are dire.

Just thinking about this documentary that I had last seen over 25 years ago. I was pleased when I saw that youtube has it, as it is one of the strangest and funniest documentaries I've ever seen.

40:20 - 41:25 gets played over and over again.
I feel that the sound effects really make the viewing experience

I had the misfortune of flicking channels last night and came across For Facts Sake, the latest BBC vehicle for that terminally unfunny prick Brendon O’Carroll (Mrs Browns Boys).
What is the Beebs obsession with him? They ban the likes of It Ain’t Half Hot Mum and Benny Hill, due to them being ‘outdated and non-pc’ and yet they give this idiot masses of airtime. Is it because he ticks a few of the diversity boxes (Southern Irish and occasional tranny)?
No doubt some on here get his humour, but I think him and his extended family are dire.
I friggin hate the jackeen
and that shyte "mrs browns boys" is a rip off of 'old mother reilly anyway.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I friggin hate the jackeen
and that shyte "mrs browns boys" is a rip off of 'old mother reilly anyway.
In this case, the old ones are truly the best! :smile:

Some returning shows

Midnight Texas Season 2 26 October 2018
Outlander Season 4 4 November 2018
Vikings Season 5 (Part 2) 28 November 2018
Berlin Station Season 3 3 December 2018
Travelers Season 3 no confirmed release date but assumed to be in December

The Big Bang Theory is back for its final season. I'll miss you Penny.
Narcos Season 4 on 18th November too.

Netflix horror 'The Haunting of Hill House'.
10 episodes.
Absolutely watchable. Cuts about on timelines throughout the 10 episodes but a real shocker every episode.
I've not had chills and goosebumps like this since I woke up next to Chichesters', Debbie the 'Hump'.

The Haunting of Hill House (TV series) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Public Eye on Talking Pictures TV.

Classic but almost forgotten serial from the 60s/70s starring the excellent Alfred Burke. I have vague memories of watching this with my mum.

Some strong story lines and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching.

Public Eye on Talking Pictures TV.

Classic but almost forgotten serial from the 60s/70s starring the excellent Alfred Burke. I have vague memories of watching this with my mum.

Some strong story lines and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching.
I watched some of that channel today, first time I've knowingly tuned in. Watched 'The bargee' with Ronny Corbett, Harry H. Corbett, Eric Sykes.
Old school non PC comedy.
The Bargee - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Interesting German drama on BBC 4,54 hours:the Gladbeck crisis.Based on fact,a botched bank robbery is allowed to become a media circus.It shows the polizei having some pretty poor,indesicive leadership.
Edit.
Do any Arrsers that were in Deutschland at the time,remember this?

Last edited:
I have a good friend who lives north of the border. He thinks Mrs Brown’s Boys is the funniest thing ever written. I’ve tried so hard to try and understand what he and others like so much about it.
I have come to the conclusion that the only reason is a subconscious embracing of the omission of anything English or to do with England.
The bitter, sassenach hating ginger porridge wog.

Netflix horror 'The Haunting of Hill House'.
10 episodes.
Absolutely watchable. Cuts about on timelines throughout the 10 episodes but a real shocker every episode.
I've not had chills and goosebumps like this since I woke up next to Chichesters', Debbie the 'Hump'.

The Haunting of Hill House (TV series) - Wikipedia
Agreed! That was an awesome series. Best horror themed show I've seen in a long time. And I'm utterly in love with Carla Gugino so that was a bonus..