What TV show have you just watched

Reference The Crossing, I've watched 5 episodes and it's excellent. I need sleep but I can't stop watching.

And because it's so good they cancelled it after season 1. For some reason viewers deserted it in droves with a consistent weekly drop. Maybe it will be picked up by Netflix.

Last edited:
just watched on Amazon prime 'caravan hunters'
A film about a Russian patrol in afghanistan in the eighties seeking to locate a newly arrived "stinger" plenty of action and well done imho,
I've also followed with "three days in the life of a lieutenant" also Russian but set in ww two.

FBI, from yer man Dick Wolf

MV5BMTg5Mjg5NDk4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjY1ODIyNjM@._V1_.jpg

Starring the bird with the pointy nose from "Rookie Blue", and some bloke with an INCREDIBLY long face. Much as you'd expect, it focuses on the Bureau in New York, and their fight against various faintly ridiculous villains, Snack Bar enthusiasts etc. Ever so slightly PC and right-on. A solid 5 out of 10.

Got up to episode 8 of Babylon Berlin, just waiting for the next 8 to be aired on German telly.

I plugged into German ARD telly's online library when I was over for my op. Now I am back in't US I tried it through NordVPN and can still happily access and watch..........unlike the BBC who are actively countering furrin viewers.

A newspaper article recently stated that women were getting a false impression that they were pretty much sorted out in the workplace due to TV giving the impression that all the top jobs are covered by women. Now read on.

Just catching up on 'No Offence' the first series was excellent the second less so. The third appears to have been written by the 'Woman's Hour' collective.

Every post above DC is held by a woman, the Mayoress a villain, albeit a cunning one, is (obviously) a woman having defeated her male opponent.

The duty right wing EDL lookalike thug fell in love with a woman of colour undercover cop who get's pregnant by him and looks likely to change him for the better, which is nice.

In the space of three minutes the lead copper manages to persuade her boss to resign to save the investigation. Which she decides to do after another couple of minutes to think about it.

I know its a story but come on.

A newspaper article recently stated that women were getting a false impression that they were pretty much sorted out in the workplace due to TV giving the impression that all the top jobs are covered by women. Now read on.
Where did that idea come from. I mean the top jobs in the UK are covered by women- QE2, Theresa May, Nicola Sturgeon, Arlene Foster and consequently there's very little drama going on but seriously, women are still playing second fiddle to the lads.

Episode two of 'Dr Who' which is definitely on message, which is to be expected. One character states half her family and race have been 'Cleansed', not killed, murdered, massacred or any of the more usual terms but hey ho. She's been sent out her family to win a race and then they can join her in the new place she sets up for them.

As for the homemade sonic screw driver that does everything. Probably why they thought no body would notice the use of a joke so old that it was growing whiskers when Dan Leno was a sprog*, just lazy scripting.

*My dad put me on the mantlepiece when I was a tiny tot and said:

'Jump son and I'll catch you; you'll be safe. Trust me I'm your dad.'

I jumped, he moved to one side and I hit the deck with a thud. He looked at me crying on the floor and said:

'Let that be a lesson to you son: never trust anybody.'

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
James Holland's look-at-me doco 'Cold War, Hot Jets' part 2. Fascinating parade of aircraft pics, often out of sequence unfortunately and some US aircraft because the sort of people who stitch this sort of program together don't actually know anything about the subject they are working on, but lots of boys' toys and elderly Crabs reminiscing, and typical BBC anti-Americanism in the first programme. Gaps, elisions and compressions in the commentary to squeeze it into two one-hour slots.

Neatly bracketed my schooldays through to the end of my time in the RN, brought back all sorts of peripheral reminiscences like being overflown at home by an Armstrong Whitworth AW2 flying wing; meeting the red record breaking Hunter at Dunsfold (go see it at Tangmere nowadays along with my very distant kinsman Teddy Donaldson's record breaking Meteor); seeing Roly Falk slow roll a Vulcan at Farnborough; a quick flip in a Canberra c/o 617 sqn at Binbrook; wind finding for the Monte Bello A-bomb test; joy ride in a Meteor from Brawdy; finding my Tiger Moth was sharing the air with a big, black, nasty Valiant B2; being trooped home in a Comet by Air Crab; being taught bombing and stuff in Vampires (what are you trying to do, Seaweed, break the aircraft?) from Lossie; being chucked out of a Vulcan there when the chap next to me was diagnosed as a S African - 1st FAA Buc sqn was forming up there at the time, watched one bombing at nought feet on the Tain range; seeing more Phantoms lined up in St Louis than the entire RN order. I did as a teenager pass an RAF flying aptitude test, but I knew enough about myself to know that I wasn't good enough for an actual flying career in the RN and it was a lot safer to be a fish-head.

Lacking Moral Fibre

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Mediterranean with Simon Reeve.
Included a visit to Britcon in Cyprus, interesting stuff.
Last bit though,a visit to the Gaza Strip.Very pro Palestinian.
Missed the first part as wife was watching some brainwashing shite about dancing?

Anyway saw the part where he goes into rich fertile Israel with its impressive desalination plants keeping the country watered and fed. Then he crosses into the waste lands of Gaza with its bullet scared buildings and various armed Jihadi groups telling the population the death cult religion they follow is a good thing. Foppish Simon Reeve was sadden by the plight of the Arab but didn't suggest they ought to be reflecting how they live in comparison to their neighbours.

Missed the first part as wife was watching some brainwashing shite about dancing?

Anyway saw the part where he goes into rich fertile Israel with its impressive desalination plants keeping the country watered and fed. Then he crosses into the waste lands of Gaza with its bullet scared buildings and various armed Jihadi groups telling the population the death cult religion they follow is a good thing. Foppish Simon Reeve was sadden by the plight of the Arab but didn't suggest they ought to be reflecting how they live in comparison to their neighbours.
Whilst i agree with most of that post, its a little bit more complicated than that. The Pal zones haven't been able to attract investment, development etc due to the Israelis pretty much blockading every entry point into the territories for decades. Do the pal's help themselves with allowing the extremism, no. But therein lies the root of the problem.

I’m no fan of the Palestinians (or Israel for that matter), but for me, one of the best parts of the programme were the scenes in the Gaza Strip with the young female ‘engineer’ who has invented a fairly crude building block/breeze block, manufactured out of ash and dust - in plentiful supply! This enables them to build basic structures without relying on the random, infrequent deliveries of building materials allowed in by the Israelis. A great example of human resourcefulness under extreme conditions.
The scenes in Northern Cyprus were also an eye opener - Turkish Cypriots pushing back against the influx of settlers from mainland Turkey. Fascinating stuff.