What TV show have you just watched

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Helen Fry, the Magic of Numbers. vvg - is mathematics discovered or invented? My take is we just invent notations to describe what we have discovered.

Season 2 was too much of a drag for me and I never really got back into it.
If you think WD is bad you should have a look at Fear the Walking Dead. It's a completely different story line (apart from those pesky zombies). I winced through the first series when it first came out and didn't bother to watch any more. However, in the last week, being bored at having caught up with my favourite series, I decided to catch up.
I don't think I have ever watched a zombie genre film or series where I was willing the zombies to bite the feck out of the hapless actors. At times, they're more wooden and one dimensional than the dead.
The idiots make the same mistake, every fecking episode.

Biff, watching shite so you don't have to.

If you think WD is bad you should have a look at Fear the Walking Dead. It's a completely different story line (apart from those pesky zombies). I winced through the first series when it first came out and didn't bother to watch any more. However, in the last week, being bored at having caught up with my favourite series, I decided to catch up.
I don't think I have ever watched a zombie genre film or series where I was willing the zombies to bite the feck out of the hapless actors. At times, they're more wooden and one dimensional than the dead.
The idiots make the same mistake, every fecking episode.

Biff, watching shite so you don't have to.
I gave up on FtWD after about 20 mins of the first episode. Just didn't engage with me at all. Went and watched Altered Carbon and The Expanse instead.

Me & the lass are into this too as we read the books a while ago which, tbf, are pretty good. Apart from the casting of the female lead, as fit as she is, seeming too young for the part, its bloody good.
I'd never heard of it, but then I don't have Sky or any of the other 'pay extra to watch telly' channels.

I have seen that there's a book in the supermarkets but the title put me off. What's the storyline?

Just finished Future man series one, currently showing on Sy-Fy, about time travellers from the future come back to save humanity after a "chosen one" wins a computer game they put out as a test. I enjoyed it and just my kind of humour plus I would do nasty things to Tiger(Eliza Coupe) given the chance.

Awwww . . . Carter just got "deaded" . . :( .

I liked Carter :( .

Another vote here for Better Call Saul. Halfway through season 3.
Was starting to wish they’d get on with it (the story that is) but finally realised that’s the point: it’s so clever and well crafted, what’s the rush? It’s really coming together, brilliant writing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd never heard of it, but then I don't have Sky or any of the other 'pay extra to watch telly' channels.

I have seen that there's a book in the supermarkets but the title put me off. What's the storyline?
Spoiler alert for episode 1 of the TV series.

There are three non human species demons, witches and vampires, who don't get on and keep themselves segregated. These species are having problems. A witch who has renounced the practice after her parents were killed when she was a child is an academic with an interest in alchemy. She orders an original old book from the Bodleian Library Oxford and when she opens it weird things happen to her. Everyone get excited she has seen the book because it has been missing for hundreds of years and they want to read it, each for their own ends. Plot developments: - who is on her side and who isn't, what rules must she [should she] break to find out what's going on, what is she going to learn about witchcraft whether she likes it or not, what are the full implications of the weird effects. Oh and there's a love interest plot as well, which is why in the TV series she's young and pretty.
Since I usually enjoy books more that TV/film I'm tempted to get the books and forget the TV series. If you don't have Sky then I'd say definitely get the books. They've been around for several years, your local library probably has copies. If it doesn't the Bodleian will have, but getting in there is tricky.

Spoiler alert for episode 1 of the TV series.

There are three non human species demons, witches and vampires, who don't get on and keep themselves segregated. These species are having problems. A witch who has renounced the practice after her parents were killed when she was a child is an academic with an interest in alchemy. She orders an original old book from the Bodleian Library Oxford and when she opens it weird things happen to her. Everyone get excited she has seen the book because it has been missing for hundreds of years and they want to read it, each for their own ends. Plot developments: - who is on her side and who isn't, what rules must she [should she] break to find out what's going on, what is she going to learn about witchcraft whether she likes it or not, what are the full implications of the weird effects. Oh and there's a love interest plot as well, which is why in the TV series she's young and pretty.
Since I usually enjoy books more that TV/film I'm tempted to get the books and forget the TV series. If you don't have Sky then I'd say definitely get the books. They've been around for several years, your local library probably has copies. If it doesn't the Bodleian will have, but getting in there is tricky.
Wot he said pretty much.

The books are good. I think the target audience was originally the young adult market - similar to the Twilight saga stuff but they're much better written than one might expect hence i enjoyed them. I'm not a fan of the book genre either so was pleasantly surprised. Good depth to the plots & 'historical' aspects etc. A well thought out concept. All credit to Harkness

Ref Instinct, it picked up a bit in the second half of the season. There's no discernible story arc though. The closest they came (doubts about Lizzie's dead partner/fiancee) was resolved about episode 7 or 8. Instinct has been renewed for a second season, hopefully with new writers.

Going to watch The Crossing over the weekend. Refugees from a war turn up in an American town but it turns out the war is in America, two centuries in the future.

Bored so downloaded the first two Apprentice episodes.
Wondered how long into the first episode I would get before they bad mouthed Brexit.
First two minutes: Sugar: "I'm sending you to Malta, in Europe, while we are still welcome" :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Deleted files then walked the dog in the force 10 gales and horizontal rain.

So, looking through what shows I might find interesting, I stumbled across this gem.
I shit you not, it is the proper name....and quite funny.
Well done Australia. I can't see the BBC buying it though.
Superwog.
Superwog (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb
"A half-hour comedy following the dysfunctional Superwog family. While their parents deal with a marital breakdown, Superwog and best friend Johnny must learn to deal with adulthood and independent life."