What TV show have you just watched

More big ups for Man in High Castle S3.
Superb. Am up to Ep6 now & loving it.
I've been on the fence as to whether to watch Man in the High Castle..... so I guess I'd better get on and do it after so many recommendations.

Dr Who.

Ethnic representation? Check.
Strong women characters? Check. (I like Jodie Whittaker channelling Matt Smith)
Fairly useless men? Check.
Lesser known disability? Dyspraxia, check.

Vaguely reasonable plot? Can't have everything.
Almost exactly what I thought. I think Jodie W. will do well, she seemed really into it. The plot however, sucked. Someone mentioned it was a Predator rip-off, which it was, but I liked the trophy teeth stuck into the face of Tim Shaw.

They listed the upcoming actors in the series. Is every current British actor of East Indian descent? Except for Addy and Cummings, of course. Chris Noth is American.

Bottom line is, the writing will have to improve. Better stories than this one are needed.

Cheers,
Dan.

Manifest. A new series with just two episodes broadcast so far. A flight from Jamaica to New York runs into some turbulence on the way but lands safely. When they do so they discover that they've all been missing for five years and presumed dead. The flight number 828 seems to be significant and the survivors start hearing voices. Looks promising.

Almost exactly what I thought. I think Jodie W. will do well, she seemed really into it. The plot however, sucked. Someone mentioned it was a Predator rip-off, which it was, but I liked the trophy teeth stuck into the face of Tim Shaw.

Bottom line is, the writing will have to improve. Better stories than this one are needed.

Cheers,
Dan.
It was me two posts down that mentioned 'Predator' #6494

The Asian girl mentioned it being her 2nd year of probation. I thought coppers did one year.

This week I will mostly be Last night I ordered a pizza and beers whilst binge watching the whole of 'Killing Eve' on the iPlayer whilst in my hotel.
A bit tired today

Just watched the final episode of Get Shorty series 2, lined up nicely for series 3, am enjoying this.
#metoo

Good mix with Miles, April, and the dude who got the 'balls in a jar' at the end :)

As of today, season 3 has not been confirmed or cancelled.

If you haven't seen it:

What’s This TV Show About?
A dark EPIX comedy-drama, Get Shorty stars Chris O’Dowd, Ray Romano, Sean Bridgers, Carolyn Dodd, Megan Stevenson, Lucy Walters, and Sarah Stiles. Recurring in season two are Felicity Huffman, Isaac Keys, Steven Weber, Andrew Leeds, Amy Seimetz, Sonya Walger, and Alex Sawyer. Based on the 1990 Elmore Leonard novel and 1995 movie, the series centers on career criminal Miles Daly (O’Dowd) who wants to escape his life of crime, reclaim his family, and make it in the movie business.

Has anyone watched Manhunt Unabomber on Netflix and if so, is it any good? UNABOMBER tells the dramatic and gripping true story of the FBI's hunt for theUnabomber, the deadliest serial bomber in history.
I have watched it, thought it was good. If you enjoy it you should also watch Mindhunter about the FBI and their attempt to understand and catch serial killers.
I will 2nd that Waffen - Highly recommend Manhunt and Mindhunter.

Just finished Better Call Saul series 4. Absolutely brilliant, and happily season 5 already commissioned.
Other Netflix series worth watching:
Weeds
Narcos
The Thick of It
House of Cards (original with Ian Richardson)
The Vietnam War (uncut version of the BBC series)

This week I will mostly be binge watching 'Killing Eve' on the iPlayer whilst in my hotel.
I wouldn't bother the plot is about as believable as an MoD equipment delivery date. The only attraction, mind it is an attraction, is Jodie Comer, stunningly attractive and playing a complete psycho with total conviction.

I wouldn't bother the plot is about as believable as an MoD equipment delivery date. The only attraction, mind it is an attraction, is Jodie Comer, stunningly attractive and playing a complete psycho with total conviction.
Plot? There was a plot?

Totally agree re Jodie Comer though.

The characterisations reminded me a bit of the some of players in the Mick Herron's Jonathan Lamb novels.

I'm beginning to get into A Discovery of Witches on Sky 1. Despite the fact there are vampires there is, at present, no pointless gore. The base line is about segregation so it might be a bit PC for some of us, but the detailed plot line is not obvious and the acting is good.

I'm beginning to get into A Discovery of Witches on Sky 1. Despite the fact there are vampires there is, at present, no pointless gore. The base line is about segregation so it might be a bit PC for some of us, but the detailed plot line is not obvious and the acting is good.
Me & the lass are into this too as we read the books a while ago which, tbf, are pretty good. Apart from the casting of the female lead, as fit as she is, seeming too young for the part, its bloody good.

Walking Dead.
Well about 15 mins before realising that I gave up on it on the last mid season break so didn't recognise half of the characters and the only decent one I actually liked Neegan wasn't there.

After watching the hopeless band of idiots:
Decide that the best way to replicate a plough is to get a full sized one (which is heavy) as opposed to a book. Realise that the glass floor they're on is cracking so carry on rather than look at a way of spreading the weight.
Run away from about 10 walkers which they were happily wiping out at the start of their little trip.
Then when one of the fools gets bitten suddenly discover that they can wipe out the zombies with ease when they're 3 morons down.
Return to their little townships which are heavily defended by the never failed yet single strand of barbed wire....Oh hang on we've been overrun again. Now why does that keep happening?!
FFS defence in depth!!

I decided I'd had enough, theres only so much of my own moaning I and take.

Walking Dead.
Well about 15 mins before realising that I gave up on it on the last mid season break so didn't recognise half of the characters and the only decent one I actually liked Neegan wasn't there.

After watching the hopeless band of idiots:
Decide that the best way to replicate a plough is to get a full sized one (which is heavy) as opposed to a book. Realise that the glass floor they're on is cracking so carry on rather than look at a way of spreading the weight.
Run away from about 10 walkers which they were happily wiping out at the start of their little trip.
Then when one of the fools gets bitten suddenly discover that they can wipe out the zombies with ease when they're 3 morons down.
Return to their little townships which are heavily defended by the never failed yet single strand of barbed wire....Oh hang on we've been overrun again. Now why does that keep happening?!
FFS defence in depth!!

I decided I'd had enough, theres only so much of my own moaning I and take.
Gave up about 3 seasons ago, its run its course.