• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

What TV show have you just watched

Was it in Army garrison the morning after the Regimental Christmas day?
Honestly, I am not sure. The episode was themed around the North Yorkshire traffic police's patch, so it is possible.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Interesting series of films about the struggles and trials of the Fire Service in a small Welsh town. Very few inhabitants therein but the fire teams are kept exceedingly busy. Having said that, it is a wonderfully equipped station, with a substantial marine element ( it is a coastal town) No police service in the area, which seems a silly oversight, especially since the town has a number of arsonists, who are identifiable and very active. The local transport service seems to be run by one man, and badly at that, considering the amount of breakdowns and accidents that occur.
A local female shopkeeper exhibits quite promiscuous behaviour and as a single mother, she shows a very bad example in the way that she tolerates terribly bad behaviour from her son.
Worth watching but be warned; it can be shocking !

Interesting series of films about the struggles and trials of the Fire Service in a small Welsh town. Very few inhabitants therein but the fire teams are kept exceedingly busy. Having said that, it is a wonderfully equipped station, with a substantial marine element ( it is a coastal town) No police service in the area, which seems a silly oversight, especially since the town has a number of arsonists, who are identifiable and very active. The local transport service seems to be run by one man, and badly at that, considering the amount of breakdowns and accidents that occur.
A local female shopkeeper exhibits quite promiscuous behaviour and as a single mother, she shows a very bad example in the way that she tolerates terribly bad behaviour from her son.
Based on a true story & actual events. Only the names changed to protect the guilty

Give us a clue?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
BBC, Fireman Sam.

The Bodyguard

I have been known in the past to slag the BBC :rolleyes:for dumbing down its programmes, but it has come out with an absolute cracker in The Bodyguard and I suspect that the denouement next week will be well up to standard.

This had been a really tense drama played very tightly. I am looking forward to next week's last episode.

The BBC deserve credit for this programme which I expect will pick up many awards.
It is shown on the BBC but it's all a little complicated.

ITV sells BBC hit Bodyguard to Netflix

Bodyguard was a lot of PC crap. I was giggling through the sniper scene. He's on top of a building shooting down on a car but the driver was shot through the head with three rounds through the window at head height. Clever rounds that can swerve 90 degrees. Then, despite shooting down the way, every other round hits the doors - again at 90 degrees, bar the odd round that hits a window but the occupants duck out of the way.

Is it common for armoured limos to have armoured doors and roofs but not windows?

While the business side is, as you say, complicated, it was still the beeb that aired it so they get the kudos.
Ah! . . . but does "kudos" pay the bills (and inflated managerial salaries)?! ;) .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bodyguard was a lot of PC crap. I was giggling through the sniper scene. He's on top of a building shooting down on a car but the driver was shot through the head with three rounds through the window at head height. Clever rounds that can swerve 90 degrees. Then, despite shooting down the way, every other round hits the doors - again at 90 degrees, bar the odd round that hits a window but the occupants duck out of the way.

Is it common for armoured limos to have armoured doors and roofs but not windows?
You chose your username well! :D

"Maniac" on Netflix.
I've done two episodes thus far & I'm still not totally convinced. Jonah hill & Emma Stone undergo experimental tests with a new mind drug and lots of things happen with those two being somehow linked.
The first episode was a real snore fest with Jonah Hill from an upper crust family and as mad as a box of frogs. He's nuts, his family are well off, he feels isolated from them because of this, now move it along please.
The second episode is Emma Stone establishing her character as a flu-strength, ocean going cnut. Although I finished the episode with a deep loathing in the pit of my stomach for her at least the episode was entertaining.
They've now begun the tests so hopefully the plot will start to kick in and something more interesting than a second rate character study will happen. Who knows?

It's not all bad, the setting is interesting. It's set in modern times, but how they might have portrayed todays world when back in the 70's. Lots of panels of blinking lights for computer banks etc, everyone using ancient grey Apple/Apricot/IBM type computers.

If anyone has seen past Ep 2 & thinks it's gash then please let me know, I'm on the brink of not bothering.

I think these guys were the writers.

I'm currently on series 8 of NCIS.

I've been binge watching them on a night time after t'wife has gone to bed.

I'd seen the odd episode here and there over the years, but someone at work told me to start from the beginning, so I have done, and its got under my skin. I mean the story lines aren't all that, and some of the acting can be a bit repetitive, but its not that bad! It fills the time in anyway.

I'm currently on series 8 of NCIS.

I've been binge watching them on a night time after t'wife has gone to bed.

I'd seen the odd episode here and there over the years, but someone at work told me to start from the beginning, so I have done, and its got under my skin. I mean the story lines aren't all that, and some of the acting can be a bit repetitive, but its not that bad! It fills the time in anyway.
Talk to me,Abs.