What TV show have you just watched

Cobra Kai.

Oh my god... Watch it. Soon.

If I had to rate this out of 10 it would score a perfect 10.

For me, Karate Kid was one of those under-hyped films which came out that everybody loved. Like Tom Hanks' Big.

It somehow weaves the original authenticity of the 1984 film into a sharp, intelligent, witty and thoroughly enjoyable modern series.

I won't say anymore other than those of you in the US, NZ etc, get onto YouTube Red and watch it. Those elsewhere in the world, you can stream it for free on rulu.

Enjoy. You can thank me later.
Just watched the first episode its bloody good.

Errr thank you

I’m up to episode 6 of Happy. It’s a Netflix show.
It is completely bat shit mental and it is totally brilliant. Very dark, very clever and also funny with some very nasty moments sprinkled about.

The main character reminds me of Trevor from GTA 5.....and he talks to a blue, fluffy, flying Unicorn......of course.

I would try to explain more but you would not believe me. No I am not on drugs, yes it is very good, yes I recommend it.
I watched the first episode the other day and it's unlike anything I've ever watched.

It's mad, funny, violent and thoroughly entertaining.
Don't expect me to explain WTF is going on, just strap in and enjoy the ride.

I've also started re-watching Series 1 of Mindhunter, another utterly addictive show that I cant just sit & watch one episode.

I also caught the first & second episode of a Netflix show Evil Genius about a bank heist that used a hostage (or was he?) with a bomb strapped to him. That was weird enough in itself & then the show delves a bit deeper.
It's a fascinating exploration of mental illness.

Last edited:

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Cobra Kai.

For me, Karate Kid was one of those under-hyped films which came out that everybody loved. Like Tom Hanks' Big.

It somehow weaves the original authenticity of the 1984 film into a sharp, intelligent, witty and thoroughly enjoyable modern series.

I won't say anymore other than those of you in the US, NZ etc, get onto YouTube Red and watch it. Those elsewhere in the world, you can stream it for free on rulu.

This Cobra Kai, what channel will I find it on?

it's on you tube red. their subscription service

in the UK we can't get a monthly subscription and have to pay per episode. it's about 12 quid for the series. best 12 quid I've spent
Cobra Kai.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
As I said - stream it for free on Rulu.

Google "rulu", then when the search results come up, select "Series" and Cobra Kai will be the main feature - there's a few pop ups, but they only come up when you select a new episode.

Enjoy...

I loved Utopia. Good acting, excellent plot and the filming was probably the most sumptuous I have ever seen in a TV series. It reminded me of a Peter Greenaway film. The Yanks will probably eff it up.

Anyway. Recent likes are:
  • Patrick Melrose. I know somebody panned it up the thread but I thought it was excellent. Cumberbatch really is a good actor.
  • A Very British Scandal. Faction about the Jeremy Thorpe scandal. Excellent cast of all of Britain’s character actors. Hugh Grant actually acts rather than just play the posh boy. Sets and decor are excellent. As I remember the whole thing very well it’s good for playing “spot the character”
  • There is a programme on Sky Arts called Urban Myths. Into series 2 now. 30 minute vignettes about tiny things that may or not be true but have become urban myths regardless. Marilyn Monroe taking six days to speak three words; Frank Skinner playing Johnny Cash getting pissed in some poxy British hotel; Bowie and Bolan painting their managers office etc. Good late night viewing after a skinful.

I forgot to add this to the last post.

There seems to be a few SF fans here so i would recommend “Tomorrow's Worlds: The Unearthly History of Science Fiction” On BCC4/iplayer.

Watched the first two episodes last night. Two more to come.

Each episode deals with different aspects of SF films and books (mostly films) - Space, Invasion, Robots, Time.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
On now, BBC 2:
SAS: Rogue Warriors

Fauda on Netflix - very good Israeli production, special forces unit going after terrorists, best watched in original Hebrew with subtitles.
Also Weeds on Netflix, Friday Night Dinner on C4, and welcome return of The Bridge on BBC2.

Einsatzgruppen: The Nazi Death Squads.

A four part documentary series by Netflix from 2009 concentrating on the German death squads that followed the Wehrmacht into Russia in 1941. Their mission was to murder all the Jews in Eastern Europe. In the Baltic states and Ukraine they were enthusiastically aided by locals and in fact most of the actual killing was done by Lithuanian, Latvian and Ukrainian militiamen. The Germans largely did the organisation and planning. There were interviews with frighteningly ordinary old men who had murdered women and children, witnesses to the crimes including one old lady who laughed as she recalled her mother referring to the killers as "horse slaughterers". There were even interviews with a few survivors. Very few of the men who commanded the Einsatzgruppen paid any kind of price for their crimes and many of the lower ranks of the Police Battalions ended up back in their former jobs post war. Four of the 24 men who were tried were executed and the rest served a few years in prison before being released.

Einsatzgruppen, les commandos de la mort | Netflix