• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

What TV show have you just watched

Two episodes of the documentary series, "Impossible Railways". Some jaw-dropping engineering on display, including the Oresund bridge and the hardest looking snow-plough l have ever seen on a train.

Finale season 8 of Still Game. The chat show host Craig Ferguson turns up in Craigland
Although the last 2 seasons haven't been as funny as the old ones i still enjoyed them

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just watched the reboot of Lost in Space on Netflix. Apart from the box ticking, (female Dr Smith etc.) a really good start.

Usual story, same names, good SFX.. very film like feeling to it.

Episode 2 is slated for tonight.

8/10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah it seems pretty good, just watching ep 3

Wife is a bitch, Hubby was a gay pirate all seems good though. They havn’t explained how one of the daughters is black yet.
Mystery explained about the black kid, result of an earlier liaison before John Robinson appeared on the scene. I'm liking the series, up to E6 at the moment and will probably finish it off tonight now that the Commonwealth Games has finished.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Very uncool ( can't believe I used the 'c' word) but I watched an Agatha Christie drama over the weekend; 'Ordeal by Innocence' and I actually enjoyed it. Mostly, I suppose, because there was no mincing, inrritating and pretentious Belgiab twat with an awful accent, nor was the "hero" an elderly lady or a crime-solving writer. Cast was good too, with terrific performances by Bill Nighy ( being Bill Nighy) and Anna Chancellor - who was superb.

Watched series 4 of Bosch on Prime over the weekend. As good as ever. Not spoiling anything for anyone but an incident midway through the series is pretty well telegraphed from Ep 1 but is still bloody cracking.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Sunday evening, Terrill's HMS QE programme. Very well done. QE obligingly had a big and dangerous water leak. The way the boys and girls sorting that out was impressive. VG doc without a 'look at me' Dan Snow type presenter obtruding his presence. A real picture of the Andrew Miller as it is today.

Then on catchup, Antiques Roadshow, well fronted (and behinded) by Fiona Bruce. Last item was a regimental trophy of the Worcestershire Yeomanry given them by the Countess of Dudley in 1903 after they came back from the Boer War, of a gold etc pear-blossom (Worcs county emblem) spray by Faberge. Valued at £1m! That puts the mess on a spot - however are they going to afford the insurance?

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Watched series 4 of Bosch on Prime over the weekend. As good as ever. Not spoiling anything for anyone but an incident midway through the series is pretty well telegraphed from Ep 1 but is still bloody cracking.
Watched all but the last episode in a oner on Friday night and finished episode 10 on Saturday while eating my breakfast. Truly excellent drama with good characters and cracking performances from the actors concerned. Hell you could have a series based on almost any of the detectives in that task force, and the old.pair thay were pretty much holding down the murder table in Hollywood nick.

I watched the last 4 episodes of Lucifer. I get the feeling that they are wrapping it all up. It will be a shame if they do. They should have gone a lot darker with it and concentrated on the Heaven/Hell stuff.

New series of Supernatural starts on E4 tonight at 2200hrs. Mmm, the Winchester brothers....

1523992770712.png

Watched a few episodes of a comedy programme called Famalan on iplayer last night.

Bunch of black comedians taking the piss out of Nigerian films, gangsta rap, police procedurals. Slightly nuts but some very funny sketches. Which makes a change.

Got a good review in the Sunday Times.

Last edited:
Ep 1 of series 2 of Legion on Fox

Yep, still a case of bat crap crazy (which suits me fine ).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still Game. I love this programme, but have to say I’m struggling with the latest series, which I’ve got on catch up. Watched the ‘walking football’ episode last night and it barely raised a titter with me and the missus.
In my opinion, it needs to be Pensioned off (I know!).

Last Laugh in Vegas; bunch of 'has beens' inserted into Las Vegas and told to put together a one night show. Not normally the sort of thing I'd watch but came on it by chance. I usually can't abide the 'let's put a bunch of celebs in a quest' type of show - Pilgrimage to Santiago etc, but this is actually quite good. Possibly because it's an ITV production and therefore doesn't get infected with the po-faced BBC D&I and 'we're on a journey' ethos, and partly because it just lets the 'celebs' make fools of themselves. Which they often do.

Oh and it's got the gorgeous Anita Harris in it.

Still Game. I love this programme, but have to say I’m struggling with the latest series, which I’ve got on catch up. Watched the ‘walking football’ episode last night and it barely raised a titter with me and the missus.
In my opinion, it needs to be Pensioned off (I know!).
It isn’t as funny as the first ones but I still watch it

The Expanse, Series 3, Episodes 1 & 2

Well, now. The new series has been eagerly awaited in Casa Grumpo. Episode 1 carries on from where Series 2 left off. No problem. Not so sure about the 4 minutes recap from an episode that's 49 minutes long....

Episode 2: right: umm.... errr... is just a continuation of episode 1 for over half the show; episode 2, in fact, is sh!te: they've stretched what would and should be no more than a 10 minute segment into 45 minutes plus another 4 minutes recapping the previous episode and back story. They're milking it to stretch the material they've got, which, I suspect is not a lot as this series was put together seemingly in a rush.

Here's hoping it picks up the pace and the narrative threads because they're in danger of fceking it up, in my opinion.