What TV did you watch over the Christmas holidays, and why.

'Dickensian' - I'm just catching up with this. I thought this to be a very original idea in taking a lot of Charles Dickens characters and linking them up in an ongoing drama while retaining their 'original' Dicken's persona.

Utterly stunningly filmed. London is snowbound, darkly lit, with the characters, as they pass in the street, interacting to carry on the various storylines.
Currently, the "who murdered Jacob Marley?" storyline is dominating the screen.

The only TV I watched was the latest Shaun the Sheep - the Flight before Christmas, and the spoof horror film Anna and the Apocalypse.

Otherwise it was all DVDs (the latest Daniel Craig Bond movie, both Kingsman films and various episodes of Blackadder) or downloaded copies of the Korean TV series The Roots of the Throne...

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
All the carry on films...

Thanks to my wife sorting out a Firestick on my bedroom telly, I've been watching Dexter, Cold Blood...... very enjoyable.

Plus surfing all the weird and wonderful clips on Youtube, only irritating part is the crap adverts for stuff I have no interest in, like puffs about Japanese technology, or why Dubai is such a great place to relocate to......

'Dickensian' - I'm just catching up with this. I thought this to be a very original idea in taking a lot of Charles Dickens characters and linking them up in an ongoing drama while retaining their 'original' Dicken's persona.

Utterly stunningly filmed. London is snowbound, darkly lit, with the characters, as they pass in the street, interacting to carry on the various storylines.
Currently, the "who murdered Jacob Marley?" storyline is dominating the screen.

One to watch then revisit see various dickens adaptions.

Problem is there’s so many to watch it’s at least a month of viewing

I never watch live TV and record whatever I might want to watch. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime but refuse to pay the TV Tax for a service that I had free for six years.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Frankie Howerd has just said one of his best lines 'My ghast has never been so flabbered'

I've just got back into Dealiest Catch. I think i'm just transfixed by those nutters working in those conditions... I've been cold and wet before, but **** me that's extreme fishing!

I haven't watched a bit of telly since Xmas Eve.

I've spent my evenings laid on the sofa - after partaking in some morphine and muscle relaxants - dribbling and mumbling incoherently, or so I've been told.
Jacob Rees Mogg walt!

(hope things are on an evener keel now, chief)

The only TV I watched was the latest Shaun the Sheep - the Flight before Christmas, and the spoof horror film Anna and the Apocalypse.

Otherwise it was all DVDs (the latest Daniel Craig Bond movie, both Kingsman films and various episodes of Blackadder) or downloaded copies of the Korean TV series The Roots of the Throne...
I was impressed by 'Anna and the Apocalypse', it being musical and then not absolute pish & tosh.
There's another called 'Shed of the Dead' which is a mildly amusing take on the genre.
Pick on freeview has had a couple of Micky Flanagan things on.
Blue Planet, crappy cop/customs/immigration progs, all merges into one.

Andre Rieu can still feck off though.. Smug, smarmy, patronising

Andre Rieu can still feck off though.. Smug, smarmy, patronising

I'm not a huge fan, but I can't help admiring the man, as far as I know, his show is unique.

Touring with 60 musicians, with a huge back up of roadies, costume repairs, electricians etc..... the sheer logistics and expense of going out there year in, year out, and let's face it, his audiences adore him, I'd certainly be tempted to see the spectacle, given the chance, music's always better, live.

philc

LE
Er two Morecombe & Wise episodes and Carry on up the Khyber so some very old TV

The only new TV so far was Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing which aside from the stunning British scenery is quite life affirming.

Amazon Netflix and utube, and for some reason I have become obsessed with watching watchmakers repairing wristwatches,
Life in the fast lane eh?
Oh and after pleading with the wife to tell me what she wants for Christmas all she said was " look we have spent a considerable sum already so don't go getting me anything, right!!
It has been a very stilted Christmas between the wife and I sofar I suppose I should have bought something?

As above, Gone Fishing, great photography, stunning countryside and some gentle humour from the lads in question. Oh ,and Ted the dog with his Hollywood teeth. Speaking as a 79 year old tosser, I find it quite thoughtful at times.

" look we have spent a considerable sum already so don't go getting me anything, right!!
Oh do come on, How long you been married, that seemingly innocuous comment hides a multitude of hidden meanings, its always spoken with an undercurrent of menace and instant retribution if nothing is forthcoming on the big day, when the lady says don't bother, it means if you don't, you are in the deepest shite imaginable if nothing is forthcoming, its their way of wrong footing you into a sense of complacency, it sets you up for the biggest bollocking ever, and an even bigger outlay to keep her sweet.

Einstein was once asked" What is still the worlds biggest unknown mystery?" His answer WOMEN ;)

I'm not a huge fan, but I can't help admiring the man, as far as I know, his show is unique.

Touring with 60 musicians, with a huge back up of roadies, costume repairs, electricians etc..... the sheer logistics and expense of going out there year in, year out, and let's face it, his audiences adore him, I'd certainly be tempted to see the spectacle, given the chance, music's always better, live.
good point, I shouldn't have been dismissive.
Maybe I'll leave it on in the background. I think it is the fuss & spectacle that annoyed me as much as anything!

Having seen him live, it's very slick, but so slick that you can tell even the supposed ad libs have been practised and rehearsed to within an inch of their lives.