What TV did you watch over the Christmas holidays, and why.

Scanning the listings, it seems that all the old favorites are being repeated, and the chav content doesn't really merit looking at, as for cooking programs, and the usual films, their wasn't much of a choice, and i am sick to the teeth of the same boring faces popping up on chat shows, and "Celebrity " quizzes, so herself and I settled for the magnificent Andre Rieu, and his orchestra, more than wonderful music, he is a showman of the highest repute, listen to the music, from classical to jazz and pop, all played by a 60 strong classical trained orchestra, and the audience involvement is a thing to behold. On every day for at least 2 hours, and contains performances from around the world, inter-cut with a look behind the great man and his musicians and singers All on Sky Arts 11. The much awaited short film, was the Wallace and grommet Christmas special, so what was your choice, and why? ( We do not have cable or Sky.)

Last edited:
Lots of fairy tales which are very popular at Christmas here in Germany. Not my favourite genre but I don't understand the dialogues anyway.
Little Lord Fauntleroy was on yesterday and I managed to catch all three Back To The Futures last night one after the other.

Lots of fairy tales which are very popular at Christmas here in Germany. Not my favourite genre but I don't understand the dialogues anyway.
Little Lord Fauntleroy was on yesterday and I managed to catch all three Back To The Futures last night one after the other.
Did you watch Dinner for One?

Did you watch Dinner for One?
Gets an airing every year here - Skal!
CC4A48FB-EF0F-48F8-81AB-5871A33E05C6.jpeg

Gets an airing every year here - Skal!
View attachment 626338
Took Mrs OB before becoming Mrs OB to the USA in 1995 . Flew with Lufthansa on Christmas Day , of the seven or eight tv films and movies . All in box-head . The only English one was this . “Same as as last year”.
Later living in Italy, every bloody years we have the Sissi film on back to back.

Sadder note , had to work in Austria in 2006 for a good few weeks, took time off to walk through the city center and the palaces. Found one of the palaces that Empress Elisabeth (Sissi) of Austria used to live in.

Amazing palace and museum , sad thing was the glass case with the dress she was assassinated (murdered) in as well as the tiny 4 inch long sharpened murder weapon.

I might know someone, who might have acquired one of those ‘stick’ thingys that plug in the back of a telly and access ‘proper’ telly stuff from outer space or summat.

Anyways, sitting watching The Jungle Book (1967) was enchanting .
Followed by two days of wall to wall
Tom and Jerry…

Heads smashed flat by frying pans,
Anvils dropped from the sky tw#tting Tom
Etc.

Listening to my five year old constantly laughing out loud in front of t’idiotbox.
It’s scary how wokiness creeps up on us…

Tellytubbies my Arrse

The Oldies are still the best.

Call the Midwife Crimbo Special.
Started off because the CO liked it, but to be honest I enjoy it now. Well made period drama, with a nicely matured Jenny Agutter in a nuns outfit, and nurse Trixy Franklin, back in a mo...

Latest Threads