What trade are / were you?

What trade are / were you?

  • Op MI

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Op MI(L) (or other Linguist trade)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Op Int & Sy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AN(SI)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DE Int Corps Officer

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Transferee Int Corps Officer

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (non-Int Corps)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#1
As a tangent from another thread, i got to wondering if it's roughly a 50/50 split on this forum between darksiders and lightsiders...?

included Op Int & Sy and AN(SI) for any old school who were made into Op MIs. not that it makes us dinosaurs or anything ;)

if you could tick more than one, choose whichever you prefer.
 
#2
Please could we have an option for Sonder Fjallschrimwalt Nachrichten Dienst Kommando 49 (Retd) ?
 
#5
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
svjazist said:
Was a Tele Op (Ling) now an OPMI (done all the courses) going back to 14 to be an OPMI (L) :numberone:
that'll be why you're up at 5am then :) long drive ahead?
No, I'm currently in Afghanistan, back to Germany in a fortnight. :highfive: Not back to Brawdy until May.
 
#8
I was an OPMI but the CO has other ideas and has made us all 'soldiers'...

Shit...
 
#10
#11
Living the dream then! Well all I can say is that im sure that by the end of Green Warrior/Mettle/Farce we will all be lean mean slimey fighting machines! Sorry, was that sarcasm? I really do need to watch that!! It'l get me into trouble one day...........
 
#12
g2_loony_bin said:
I was an OPMI but the CO has other ideas and has made us all 'soldiers'...

Shit...
you'll soon be neither if you carry on like that. he can read, you know :)

don't know why some people moan about doing warry stuff. if you don't like it, why did you join the army?!? jeez.

would much rather be running around flinging smoke and twatting off rounds than sitting at the computer. but maybe that's just someone who isn't Playstation Generation G2LB? ;)
 
#14
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
g2_loony_bin said:
I was an OPMI but the CO has other ideas and has made us all 'soldiers'...

Shit...
you'll soon be neither if you carry on like that. he can read, you know :)

don't know why some people moan about doing warry stuff. if you don't like it, why did you join the army?!? jeez.

would much rather be running around flinging smoke and twatting off rounds than sitting at the computer. but maybe that's just someone who isn't Playstation Generation G2LB? ;)
So would I mucker, but not with the sorts of workloads I've had sometimes. Inconvenient Mil Trg pops up and that's a day or two put back. Not that I mind, Mil Trg, shooting in particular is a favourite of mine.

I know that when the parts of our job are put into priority it may seem that the CI/PS stuff is being put on the backburner, I also know that it isn't true!

Mil Trg is good, I was in fact being facetious. :winkrazz:
 
#15
Hang on gents, if i may interject, I never meant to imply that I didnt like the Mil Trg, and i agree, iT can only be viewed as a good thing. The kind of stuff we do on Bn Conc/PDT is fantastic. But it just seems that our day to day work is meant to slot in around it. We have been told, for example, to get a least one day on the range once a month, conduct Mil Trg once a week if poss etc What i'd like to know is who is to conduct this trg? We cant just keep asking the local Regts to do us a favour, people get pished off with it as we cant really offer anything in return apart from the odd help out with a screwed lock! We are not lucky enough to have a Trg Wing that we can just book and I think I can only name one AASAA instr that i know of in our Coy, and hes leaving soon!! If the Hireachy want us to be self suffifient surely getting guys on the AASAA course, NBC and other vairous courses should be high on the priority for trawling the Bn!

Well thats just my opinion anyway. I await your incomming!

CG

Edited due to shi'ite spelling!
 
#16
Cider_Glider said:
Hang on gents, if i may interject, I never meant to imply that I didnt like the Mil Trg, and i agree, iT can only be viewed as a good thing. The kind of stuff we do on Bn Conc/PDT is fantastic. But it just seems that our day to day work is meant to slot in around it. We have been told, for example, to get a least one day on the range once a month, conduct Mil Trg once a week if poss etc What i'd like to know is who is to conduct this trg? We cant just keep asking the local Regts to do us a favour, people get pished off with it as we cant really offer anything in return apart from the odd help out with a screwed lock! We are not lucky enough to have a Trg Wing that we can just book and I think I can only name one AASAA instr that i know of in our Coy, and hes leaving soon!! If the Hireachy want us to be self suffifient surely getting guys on the AASAA course, NBC and other vairous courses should be high on the priority for trawling the Bn!

Well thats just my opinion anyway. I await your incomming!

CG

Edited due to shi'ite spelling!
Dude, are you spelling badly because you're pissed or pissed off?

Also in agreement with you mucker!
 
#17
Theres a reason why my reports go through 2 Sgts, my WO then the OC!!

Its think will put the rrrrrrrrubbish spelling down to the speed at which I wanted to vent my aggression err i mean opinion!

Id like to think that someone up the chain has aired this view to people even higher up the chain....well....im allowed to dream arent I!
 
#18
Cider_Glider said:
We have been told, for example, to get a least one day on the range once a month, conduct Mil Trg once a week if poss etc What i'd like to know is who is to conduct this trg?
That sounds like a Wednesday BFT or CFT followed by a refreshing late lunch in the Port Royal ?
 
#19
subbsonic said:
Cider_Glider said:
We have been told, for example, to get a least one day on the range once a month, conduct Mil Trg once a week if poss etc What i'd like to know is who is to conduct this trg?
That sounds like a Wednesday BFT or CFT followed by a refreshing late lunch in the Port Royal ?
He called Port!

RIGHT! I'm ringing the bell! Drinks in! :applaud:
 
#20
Cider_Glider said:
Hang on gents, if i may interject, I never meant to imply that I didnt like the Mil Trg, and i agree, iT can only be viewed as a good thing. The kind of stuff we do on Bn Conc/PDT is fantastic. But it just seems that our day to day work is meant to slot in around it. We have been told, for example, to get a least one day on the range once a month, conduct Mil Trg once a week if poss etc What i'd like to know is who is to conduct this trg? We cant just keep asking the local Regts to do us a favour, people get pished off with it as we cant really offer anything in return apart from the odd help out with a screwed lock! We are not lucky enough to have a Trg Wing that we can just book and I think I can only name one AASAA instr that i know of in our Coy, and hes leaving soon!! If the Hireachy want us to be self suffifient surely getting guys on the AASAA course, NBC and other vairous courses should be high on the priority for trawling the Bn!

Well thats just my opinion anyway. I await your incomming!

CG

Edited due to shi'ite spelling!
CG, some interesting comments!

Firstly, you need to be aware of the CO's priorities. If you are not then I suggest you speak with your Sect OC or WO. They are (should be!) quite clear as to where our focus is, then you will realise why there is such an onus on Mil Trg.

Our day to day work is not taking a back seat, we are having to manage all our commitments and there is pain in this for everyone. The last 18 months has seen a new focus for the Bn which we are all adjusting to. It will take time to settle down. We are not in the days where we are working 8.30 - 5 anymore, if you have to put extra hours in to complete your work then that's life.

Secondly, if you have only one RMQ or SAA within your Coy, there are plenty of others in the Bn! You just have to ask! There is plenty of cross border Coy Training going on, and instructors assisting with other Coys needs as required.

Getting guys qualified is a Coy/Sect problem. If you can spare someone (and want to do it!) then get them on a course. Again this is where the CoC earn their cash and manage their soldiers effectively. You can't expect to be spoon fed all of the time and blame the hierarchy if you cannot get what you want.
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top