What to wear...

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by The_Goon, Jul 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now, I've noticed many people ask what they should wear when they first go to the ACIO/go for the BARB test/go for an interview etc.

I want to know what everyone on ARRSE wore when they first went to the ACIO to show interest in joining the Army as one of Lizzies finest! I'll start us off...

I was wearing Aviators, a shirt with the sleeves rolled up, shorts, and flip-flops! Best thing was, when the recruiter saw me, he said, "Officer?" :D

Now, let's hear of all your emabarassing clothing choices! 8)
  2. What are Aviators? :? :D
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Normally, individuals who fly either fixed wing, or rotary wing aircraft. In this instance, they're sun glasses.
  4. [​IMG]

These are Aviators, though not quite what mine look like.

So, Soozi, Mr Fingerz, what did you pitch up in?
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Charcoal grey blazer, white shirt, dark blue tie with green and silver stripes, charcoal grey trousers, black shoes.

Yes, I went in my school uniform.
  6. School uniform?! Classic, did they direct you to MDN? :D
  7. Mr_Fingerz

I was 16 and had an afternoon off from boarding school. The recruiter hadn't heard of MDN. (It was 30 years ago).
  8. Sorry guys, I think the first time I went in, I was just in jeans and t shirt! Nothing overly worth mentioning!

Nice glasses by the way!?!?!!!!!
  9. Damn, Soozi, that's just not up to scratch! I'm hoping for tales of full leathers, tracksuits, just silly clothing which is cringeworthy now!
  10. Ah, I didn't realise you wanted the truth!

I was in full nurses uniform, (the PVC kind), with fishnets and thigh boots. I wore my hair at its full length, straight down to my waist! The pink feather bower might have been a bit much though!
  11. That's much much better. I feel all strange inside now... ;)

Pictures? No, sorry, thought that was a bit too much... :D
  12. Hahaha, maybe later..............

:wink: :oops:
  13. I saw you on the way....fatty.

Attached Files:

14. Are you stalking me? I thought I caught a glimpse of movement behind a tree that day!!!!!
  15. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I love you! Will you marry me?