What to wear...

Now, I've noticed many people ask what they should wear when they first go to the ACIO/go for the BARB test/go for an interview etc.

I want to know what everyone on ARRSE wore when they first went to the ACIO to show interest in joining the Army as one of Lizzies finest! I'll start us off...

I was wearing Aviators, a shirt with the sleeves rolled up, shorts, and flip-flops! Best thing was, when the recruiter saw me, he said, "Officer?" :D

Now, let's hear of all your emabarassing clothing choices! 8)

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Normally, individuals who fly either fixed wing, or rotary wing aircraft. In this instance, they're sun glasses.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Charcoal grey blazer, white shirt, dark blue tie with green and silver stripes, charcoal grey trousers, black shoes.

Yes, I went in my school uniform.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I was 16 and had an afternoon off from boarding school. The recruiter hadn't heard of MDN. (It was 30 years ago).

Sorry guys, I think the first time I went in, I was just in jeans and t shirt! Nothing overly worth mentioning!

Nice glasses by the way!?!?!!!!!

Damn, Soozi, that's just not up to scratch! I'm hoping for tales of full leathers, tracksuits, just silly clothing which is cringeworthy now!

Ah, I didn't realise you wanted the truth!

I was in full nurses uniform, (the PVC kind), with fishnets and thigh boots. I wore my hair at its full length, straight down to my waist! The pink feather bower might have been a bit much though!

Soozi said:

I was in full nurses uniform, (the PVC kind), with fishnets and thigh boots. I wore my hair at its full length, straight down to my waist! The pink feather bower might have been a bit much though!
I saw you on the way....fatty.

Attachments

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Soozi said:

I love you! Will you marry me?

old_fat_and_hairy said:
Soozi said:

I love you! Will you marry me?
You aren't fussy, are you, OF&H? If it moves....

Litotes

I'm not convinced it even needs to move for OFAH to have a poke!

I didn't ever make it into the ACIO, all I remember was drinking beer with some mates when a guy wearing a big red tunic dropped a coin into my beer he muttered something about me 'being in now'.

...I gave the gay Santa look a like a good shoeing for trying to chat me up and then applied through my Schools Liaison Officer!

It all took place in The Blue Oyster bar and I was wearing my best Village People outfit!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Commando_Spirit said:
I'm not convinced it even needs to move for OFAH to have a poke!
Has to be some movement since I'm also lazy!

For my turn, I was wearing a fetching jerkin made out of dead rancid sheep and fur leggings, then this woman in a big horse and cart with knives on the wheels rode past and pointed at me. Next thing I knew, I was knee deep in East Anglia waving a sword at furriners.

smart black trousers with ironed crease, highly polished shoes, white shirt, black and white pinstriped waistcoat and tie, with a black swade jacket over the top. yep, i'd just finished work!

Latest Threads