what to wear on arrival.

ok, i start at catterick at the end of the month, got everything sorted out.

But, what should i wear on my way there? suit? nice shirt? casual?

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
Might I suggest that a clown suit would be appropriate..... ;)

Seriously though - just turn up in normal civvies (Jeans with shirt or Jumper - nothing too officer, just not chav), make sure that they are in good repair and have been threatened with an iron. You'll be OK - good luck.

Stick with casual, a suit might attract urine-extraction from your new mates.

Wear what you normally wear for a sunday lunch time drink. If yuo're a suit type of bloke wear a suit , if not you never go far wrong with a tidy pair of slacks and a decent shirt.

craftsmanx said:
Wear what you normally wear for a sunday lunch time drink. If yuo're a suit type of bloke wear a suit , if not you never go far wrong with a tidy pair of slacks and a decent shirt.
Seconded craftmanx.

Nah you want to make an impresion if a bloke go in a mini skirt suit complete with seemed stockings if a fem wear a full body tuby-grip

is this ok lads?. suit trousers. casual shoes. shirt with v neck jumper?? and tie perhapse

dont wear 1, ripped jeans 2, trainers 3, tracky top 4, any thing you would wear with your chav mates on a street corner. make sure its all clean. Read your JIs as it will state in there smart civies, every intake lads come in shit clothes then i make them get changed there and then as there smart stuff is in there bag. First impressions count alot!!!!!!!! get your hair cut as well

On a serious note you dont need to go in a suit but jeans and a polo shirt with shoes is definitely acceptable.

yea forget the suits its not a interview nor do ya work at the stock exchange.....anything not to chaving will be good enough!! gd luck with ya training anyways

hehe , thanks alot guys. had the number 2 all over. woooh what a change.

also how many days do you need 2 ware smart for? isit just the first initial few days. and when you go on the battlefield tour?

Strutt said:
Would you advise me to cut my hair before i go? or will they cut it for you?
:D

What would happen if someone turned up with a mohawk lets say!
Back in 1988 when I started at Arborfield a couple of lads turned up looking like hippies which the training staff all turned up at the hairdressers to watch the fun as they were shaved. Its up to you if you want to have it done beforehand my lad did las year when he joined and when he still had to queue up for the haircut parade the barber trimmed it but never charged him for it. As long as you turn up smartly dressed and with the right attitude with all the kit on the JI's you'll be fine and passed the first test.

i had the 2 all over last week . wooh what a change it makes. and being clean shaven is a complete diffrence.

12 days till i leave now. counting down the days now :D