• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What to wear in your bag when is freckin cold

Wearing all your warm clothes whilst in your gonk bag

• Any idot can be cold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horses for courses

• I'm in middle management, I know best

• Very silly indeed, listen to those that know best

• Total voters
One of the first things we always tell the recruits when sleeping out this time of year - don't wear all your warm kit in your sleep bag, you'll never get warm and you won't feel the benefit when you stag on/get up. Do they listen - do they fcuk.

Anyway, just wonder what general opinion was, a rather cold and wet weekend (obviously I was neither cold nor wet) has just past.

E

error_unknown

I have found that by eating plenty of compo, I am able to circulate warmed gases around my gonk bag, thus maintaining near-tropical temperatures on even the coldest nights.

wear as much or as little as you like, but just stay the fcuk out of those fridgee/freeezers they call bunkers at Nesscliffe, next time I am out in the trees
8O 8O 8O

Normally only have on tee shirt and skiddies in the w**king maggot and I've only ever been cold once. Having said that we did have to dig ourselfs out of our basha's that morning. 4 foot of snow in a night does tend to chill even us jocks a little!

Glad you f o c k e r s get: A) Chance to get in your maggot sac and B) Time to get cold in it. I normally spend my down time perched on top of my bergan with my Softie on!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

if it gets really cold....light your basha on fire,,,bound to cancel the ex and or get turfed...you'll stay warm and have some mong tv aswell! have it!

bootie said:
if it gets really cold....light your basha on fire,,,bound to cancel the ex and or get turfed...you'll stay warm and have some mong tv aswell! have it!
On my recruits a few months back we were told that if we were caught wearing anything more than trousers and a T-shirt in our gonk bags we'd get beasted. Predictably there were beastings.

I'm very susceptible to the cold to the point where I have been known to be grateful to get into NBC suit and respirator to warm me up and I have never been cold in an issue sleeping bag.

Latest Threads