What to wear in your bag when is freckin cold

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by atko, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Any idot can be cold

2. Horses for courses

3. I'm in middle management, I know best

4. Very silly indeed, listen to those that know best

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One of the first things we always tell the recruits when sleeping out this time of year - don't wear all your warm kit in your sleep bag, you'll never get warm and you won't feel the benefit when you stag on/get up. Do they listen - do they fcuk.

Anyway, just wonder what general opinion was, a rather cold and wet weekend (obviously I was neither cold nor wet) has just past.
  2. a female lance-jack. it does what it says on the tin :D
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Dont join a Unit where you have to ask that question!

Plus do like the 'LCpl' suggestion.
  4. Why not just get them to smother themselves in Deep Heat and be done with it?
  5. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Chanel No 5 like Maralyn said
  6. I have found that by eating plenty of compo, I am able to circulate warmed gases around my gonk bag, thus maintaining near-tropical temperatures on even the coldest nights.
  7. wear as much or as little as you like, but just stay the fcuk out of those fridgee/freeezers they call bunkers at Nesscliffe, next time I am out in the trees
    8O 8O 8O
  8. Normally only have on tee shirt and skiddies in the w**king maggot and I've only ever been cold once. Having said that we did have to dig ourselfs out of our basha's that morning. 4 foot of snow in a night does tend to chill even us jocks a little!
  9. Glad you f o c k e r s get: A) Chance to get in your maggot sac and B) Time to get cold in it. I normally spend my down time perched on top of my bergan with my Softie on!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  10. Buy yourself a -15C bag - and don't forget the fur-lined jock strap.
  11. if it gets really cold....light your basha on fire,,,bound to cancel the ex and or get turfed...you'll stay warm and have some mong tv aswell! have it!
  12. On my recruits a few months back we were told that if we were caught wearing anything more than trousers and a T-shirt in our gonk bags we'd get beasted. Predictably there were beastings.

I'm very susceptible to the cold to the point where I have been known to be grateful to get into NBC suit and respirator to warm me up and I have never been cold in an issue sleeping bag.