Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horses for courses

• I'm in middle management, I know best

• Very silly indeed, listen to those that know best

• Total voters
One of the first things we always tell the recruits when sleeping out this time of year - don't wear all your warm kit in your sleep bag, you'll never get warm and you won't feel the benefit when you stag on/get up. Do they listen - do they fcuk.

Anyway, just wonder what general opinion was, a rather cold and wet weekend (obviously I was neither cold nor wet) has just past.

E

error_unknown

I have found that by eating plenty of compo, I am able to circulate warmed gases around my gonk bag, thus maintaining near-tropical temperatures on even the coldest nights.

wear as much or as little as you like, but just stay the fcuk out of those fridgee/freeezers they call bunkers at Nesscliffe, next time I am out in the trees
8O 8O 8O

Normally only have on tee shirt and skiddies in the w**king maggot and I've only ever been cold once. Having said that we did have to dig ourselfs out of our basha's that morning. 4 foot of snow in a night does tend to chill even us jocks a little!

Glad you f o c k e r s get: A) Chance to get in your maggot sac and B) Time to get cold in it. I normally spend my down time perched on top of my bergan with my Softie on!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

if it gets really cold....light your basha on fire,,,bound to cancel the ex and or get turfed...you'll stay warm and have some mong tv aswell! have it!

bootie said:
if it gets really cold....light your basha on fire,,,bound to cancel the ex and or get turfed...you'll stay warm and have some mong tv aswell! have it!
On my recruits a few months back we were told that if we were caught wearing anything more than trousers and a T-shirt in our gonk bags we'd get beasted. Predictably there were beastings.

I'm very susceptible to the cold to the point where I have been known to be grateful to get into NBC suit and respirator to warm me up and I have never been cold in an issue sleeping bag.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
eastcoaster Military Clothing & Boots 33
PartTimePongo The NAAFI Bar 54
W Medals 29