what to take

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by prince06, Feb 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just over a week to go untill I start my phase 1 at Pirbright and was just wondering if there is any last minute things u wud advise to get that will come in handy. Any other advice on what to take and what not to would be good.

2. Get yourself a good but cheap watch - Casio waterproof digital models highly recommended. Dont take anything expensive or flashy
  3. How much would u say to pay ? How many clothes and that should I take ? So taking my psp would be a bad idea ?
  4. I'd take minimal civvie clothes, you won't have a lot of space for anything that isn't green and G10. Stick to the packing list with your joining instructions and you can't go wrong.

Spend about a tenner on a watch, and then a tenner more on a spare- you will have strict timings to adhere to during training, best not get caught short! Argos do a Casio for 7.99, that will be a good spare I'd say.

Leave the PSP at home, you wont have time to play on it in your first 7 weeks at least, and you really don't want to run the risk of getting it nicked do you?

Good luck with training bud.
  5. Cheers for that bud thats a great help.
  6. No problem mate.
  7. Some black electrical tape for repairs is always useful, plus some blister plasters. The most important thing though, is never ever stand out from the crowd; the famous phrase "keep your eyes open, your mouth shut and never volunteer for anything" comes to mind here.
  8. Ha cheers pal I'll take that on board. Ive chosen light gun as my 1st choice and as90 2nd will it be easy enough to switch these 2 during phase 1 ? Cheers
  9. Boot polish and plenty of it as they charge a fortune on camp and you dont have much time to get there. Take a spare razor or two for inspections and ex