What to expect

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Hellbreather, Mar 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok so I got in contact with a TA unit, and they sent me a letter inviting me to the Center on a certain day, I rang them to ask them what I would be doing on that day but they said they weren't sure? :?

So can anyone tell me what I might be doing on that day? I haven't started the application process yet.. that's why I wonder what I would be doing

2. First thing they should do is invite you in for a presentation on the unit and the TA in general, they might start you on the application process there and then but we like to give you a week to think about it first.

If you like what you see and want to carry on the next few drill nights will be taken up with the likes of paperwork, being measured up for uniform, medical and hearing test etc, its labourious but nessessary

Hopefully before long you join the Phase One/Training/Recruits Troop and start the intersting stuff, in my recruiting team we are about to trial a process to slicken this whole procedure up and hopefully get the likes of yourself onto proper training ASAP. Some units hold Recruit Sel;ection Weekends where a lot of this is done in one go.

So what to do ?!? Turn up for the presentation, get there a little early (5 mins before is always good) dressed smart(ish), don't go overboard, remember this inital stage its all about you loooking at us as well as us looking at you.

Oh and good luck
  3. Don't forget to ask (if you're not told) about the different roles that are available. Hopefully at least one will interest you! Bring your wallet too as you'll probably be invited to the bar afterwards. I doubt you'll have to buy a drink for the first few weeks but it's always good to show willing :D
  4. Make sure you can pronounce Lieutenant properly.
  5. Hmmm. If I were you, I'd put some running kit in your bag too. You never know, and it'd be embarrassing to fail a risk-reduction run because you were wearing street shoes.

Oh, and best not to wear denim. It's the devil's cloth. And it's hard to run in!