What to eat before and after exercising?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by AFC_1992, Jan 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I like to jog between 9am and mid-day whats the best food to eat before you exercise and after. Also what do you think is the best time of the day to jog?

2. your own jizzz

3. That was mature 8O

4. Not as mature as 'pussy'.

There wouldn't be so many man boobs about if blokes could eat pussy before every time they had to exercise and afterwards too :p

5. I normally find cardio is best in the morning. In the absence of either:

a) pussy, or
    b) ****

just eat something sensible 60-90 minutes before (banana, toast and peanut butter, oat and protein shake), and then afterwards something similar. You don't need to eat a lot, and you may find that training on an empty stomach (i.e. first thing in the morning) works for you.

6. Why do so many people ask questions like this 8O

Right, it's quite simple. The only criteria for the best time to run is when ever you can, there isn't a specific magical time.
    Food wise is along the same lines. Don't underdo it, don't overdo it. Eat what you require. Contrary to what most people assume, you don't actually need that much food, both for long distance or short and fast, so you don't need to jam your chops up with 2 bowls of spag bol.

7. Breakfast. Something light if you're going to run less than two hours afterwards.

It's a personal thing, some people prefer to run in the morning, some prefer to do it in the evenings.

8. Stay away from spicy stuff and milk. For some reason milk increases snot production ( well it does in me )

I found best time to run was mid afternoon after brekky and dinner, beans on toast was highly recommened.

9. Grizzly may be you can help me too!

Iam learning to play the trumpet, can you recommend what i should eat before and after band practice? And whats the best time of day to play?

10. Nice portion of cock, that'll get you warmed up and warmed down for the ensueing blowing that lovely mouthpiece. Wash it down with some lubricating type fluid.
    Time of day is any time it feels right and you get that tingling in your nether regions. Don't be scared, my child....

11. :lol: I can't help but get the feeling your taking the piss :)

12. Well I have never seen an answer like this on arrse but then again judging by your experience I shouldn't know. By the way hear is an idea......you didn't have to answer my post did you :censored:

XD

13. RiflemanTom

RiflemanTom Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I prefer pussy before, during, and after a run. Stay away from eating c**k as it can affect your breathing.

14. It's simple common sense.
    I did have to answer because everyone was either going to ignore you or post a thousand and one differing statements on what they do personally. It ultimately doesn't matter on time, and eating is like you would (hopefully) do normally. There is feck all special. If anyone tells you differently, they are flat out bullshitting.

15. Give it a while in the morning for your spine and back to loosen up. Running straight out of bed in the long term can potentially cause disc problems. (long term)