what to do??

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by jimmyp84, Jul 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all, just a quick question if you can help, i've just done my BARB test and was looking at what kind of job i'd like to do i have three that stand out to me and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on my choices?

1: army air corps- groundcrew
    2:royal artillery- general logistics
    3:royal logistic corps- pioneer

there the 3 that look alright to me but any info would be a great help cheers

2. The job choice should be your own and nobody elses mate.

Try and do lots of research in each of the 3. The army website is helpful for that, and your recruiter should give you Job Briefs on each of the jobs you tell him.

As the time goes by during your recruitment process, your choice will probably become clearer anyway.

3. It's your life, your career. Choose one that appeals to you.

Why didn't you ask your recruiter for more information on these job choices?

4. seconded, just dont make the ******* mistake i did and join the navy!!!

5. Why are you asking us to pick your career? Do a little research on each one and pick whatever appeals to you. Don't ask complete strangers on the internet to choose your career.

6. Not in the forces, only just sorted my interviews and such (im a 1337 net fiend and fcuking hardcore so the best qualified to answer :p ) but ground crew seem to have to hottest babes working for them! Seems like a good choice to me.

7. Well Jimmy,

As a complete stranger to you and with nothing of substance to back up any of my comments, I would suggest that all three of your choices are crap. I urge you to pursue a career in the Navy as a submarine doorgunner. That way, you'll have me to blame for your poor career choice and feel better about wasting a few years of precious life.

But, that's just my opinion.

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

:D

Career choice is a bit hit and miss, a lot depends on what you want to get out of it.

First off being in the Army in general is nothing like most people expect. Either you will love it, in which case whatever job you do will be great. Or you will hate it, in which case any job you do will be sh1te.

I joined the Royal Signals as that was what they were needing at the time and was clueless about what I would actually be doing. I ended up having a rollercoaster of a ride and loved almost every minute of it. The time I spent in the Army has paid me back in spades.

To be honest you'd be as well throwing a dart at the trade list and then cracking on. The great thing about the Army is if you decide later on you want to do something else then you just need to get off your arrse and make it happen.