What to do

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by shiny, Jun 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am after some advice from you wise heads.

I am in the TA and am off for a tour later this year (which I am chuffed about). My current employment ends at the end of this month and I will be temping after that to see me through til I leave (about 4 months). My skills are IT (helpdesk/training experience) and PA/office management/HR. I am based in Bradford.

My question is this, I have a small amount of money to put to further training to enhance my status as a temp, should I put it towards bumping up my current skills or try for a fall back option to help get temp work such as a SIA licence, fork lift licence or something completely differrent like a distance learning proof-reading course. I am an ex AGC SNCO with 16 years regular experience.

I am fully expecting all the usual banter like get a McDonalds job etc but seriously if anyone knows anything to do in Bradford to pay the ex-wife and mortgage then please drop me a PM.
    Cheers

2. You're paying an ex wife and come on here saying you've got some spare cash. Are you Mad!?

Suppose the option of more MTD's doing some worthwhile Pre Deployment courses is out due to cutbacks?

3. Thats an option thats being talked about at the moment by the grown ups. I just want a plan B if it does not happen for whatever reason. Also am keen to get something else under my belt for when I return.

4. It takes on average 3 to 4 months to recieve your SIA licence from the time of finishing the relevant courses, in some cases, it could take longer.