What to do with MiT's thread in the Int Cell?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Forastero, Feb 17, 2013.

?
  1. Kill PG

13 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Kill MiT

25 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Keep it transparent, open the debate, discuss.

46 vote(s)
    33.6%
  4. I'm sorry, what?

53 vote(s)
    38.7%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Shall we keep it? Or do we think it has merit? MiT is sufficiently hacked off to raise a point knowing full well that he'll be on the receiving end of a load of flak. Does he have a point or does he need to take a week's course of MUPs?

Should MODs be above reproach or, as someone else pointed out, should they be treated like any other poster thus enabling them to post as they like and as they feel? So many questions, so many answers. Keep it real, I dare you.

2. It's the Internet, for fucks sake, I've been flamed royally by Lord Flasheart, you just pick yourself up and get on with it. If it's all too precious for you, you really shouldn't be here. As for claims of bullying, there is always the ******* 'Ignore' or 'Off' button.

ARRSE has not done itself any favours the last 72 hours. It's time heads were removed from arses and a reality check taken, forcibly if necessary.

• Like Like x 9
  3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I would print it off on parchment paper and ram it up his well fucked farter..........sorry, as an impartial referee I would organise a witch hunt according to his specified rules then burn the eyes out of anybody who has seen photographs of his career which he has posted on other websites over many years in case they suddenly breach his personal bubble of security especially as he claimed to be the obergruppenfuher Prisoners of War and US Special Forces in Vietnam and Laos.

I will now dissolve my fingers in pineapple juice to ensure no trace of what I typed remains on my finger ends.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Leave it up, its insightful and if peopple dont want to be a part of it they need not read it. See where it goes, a natural conclusion as opposed to a controlled one would be better for both parties involved.

I sense that one of them is about to implode soon and switch their comp off.

5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Can grown men bully and be bullied on the internet? As someone once said to me, 'They're just words on a screen'.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I think we should perhaps get some kind of understanding as to what constitutes bullying.

Some examples?

7. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

If someone crayoned on 20 year old photos I posted on the internet I would wet my pants and cry too, there again, I'm a puff.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mod's are appointed to that position to keep fora on track and within the accepted boundaries, implicit or explicit. Accepting the post of moderator brings with it the need to be whiter than white. How can someone be in charge of correcting unacceptable behaviour when they do the same.

Any mod that thinks the position means they can break the rules when it suits them isn't worthy of the position, and if they don't surrender the post should have it taken from them

• Like Like x 27
  9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Constant dead legs walking through the dinner queue at school would be a good starter for ten, not funny. You gave me some sage advice over the 5A debacle (which, ironically, had **** all to do with me) and although pissed off with some of the ******* on this site, I never felt bullied.

10. How come Dance Off isn't an option?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I cant imagine an ex soldier, even a scab lifter getting offended at being called a silly little girl because he didn't get his own way. Ive said it before, I was gobsmacked last night, but tonight has seen me speechless.

I think ARRSE has a pretty slack attitude and most people tend to self moderate which makes joining in and being part of the site more easy, its very rare people act a bellend, when they do its usually just a quick PM then crack on.

I probably am guilty of being a clown sometimes, its probably the ex squaddie in me, on a squaddie forum. Those who take offence are usually known trolls like camberwell carrot and his 50 loggins, chubb, blondebint, lnv and countless others, most of the time the site runs smoothly and without incidence.

Every now and again someone acts out of charachter or makes a monolithic tool out of themselves and like a true forces environment they are beasted for it......... shit happens, it isn't bullying. If that is deemed to be bullying, bin my account because I dont want to play anymore.

• Like Like x 7
  12. I'm staying well out of the is/isn't bullying side.

I'm not saying mods shouldn't **** around and take the piss

What I'm saying is that a mod can't go around breaking rules they are there to enforce - knowing where to draw the line is part of a mods job, and if that's not possible, then someone else should be doing it.

• Like Like x 8
  13. I think posting the pictures on the 'what turns ladies'on thread was a bit low, but they were out there.
    The reaction however is way OTT.
    If, as seems to be the case, ARRSErs have free access to others Faceache accounts by being Friends etc, then if you've put info on there you don't want spread on here, you've got nobody to blame but yourself.
    Try and keep your 'private' life just that. Keep Facebook for family and 'real' friends, ie people not on ARRSE.
    I get the feeling there are a lot of backstabbing ***** on here who gladly spread rumour and innuendo and then sit back and watch the fireworks for their own pleasure. Don't play into their hands.

• Like Like x 7
  14. I like MiT and Porridge_Gun.

They both bring very different things to the site, though, and have very contrasting senses of humour.

What bothers me is SS getting accused of bullshit when he is usually quite a tolerable guy who only starts winding people up when they have really pushed it too far and made idiots of themselves.

PG I have never seen any evidence of bullying but the point that MiT is trying to make (poorly) is that when some user (could be anyone, though, not just you) starts winding another up there are usually 2 or 3 other users who turn up and join in even though they had nothing to do with the initial argument. Cutaway and Badger Heed were doing that over in the other thread. Don't know why as they were ignored but it could give the impression that people are being ganged up on. Intentionally or otherwise.

That said - when the original thread (ladies turned off) was getting steamy I actually thought it was just good humoured joking amongst older users at first. I didnt sense any real bad intentions. I missed the photo of the full screw being posted though.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Aren't you the puff who cried when my Avatar was Gibson's dog's headstone?