What to do with IS prisoners?

They are free to travel to Syria and help look after the prisoners if they feel that strongly.
Are there any serious politicians calling for the prisoners to be repatriated? Alistair Burt (Ex Foreign Office minister for the Middle East) this morning cautiously suggested that children of FTFs could be brought back to the UK if it could be proved they were British (only, ie not dual national) and that there was a means to bring them back, bearing in mind it's a conflict zone and there is no British diplomatic nor consular representation there. This was after the BBC found three very young children - apparently orphans - in a prison camp, allegedly from East London.

From a practical perspective, proving nationality of these children will be difficult, as will be getting them lawfully to the UK. Nothing to see, move along.

Is there a version of that saying that substitutes graves for beds?
I’m not advocating murdering prisoners. They should face judicial proceedings for their crimes that can be seen to be fair and are carried out according to international legal standards.

If that criteria is met, whatever lawful sentence is meted out to them is the business of the court of the country they are tried in.

They at least won’t have been made to form a queue and have their heads slowly cut off in public.

I’m not advocating murdering prisoners. They should face judicial proceedings for their crimes that can be seen to be fair and are carried out according to international legal standards.

If that criteria is met, whatever lawful sentence is meted out to them is the business of the court of the country they are tried in.

They at least won’t have been made to form a queue and have their heads slowly cut off in public.
Seriously? Do they show any measure of fairness or legality when they kill innocent non combatants?!

According to the Kurdish led authority via SOHR, Tr shelling of the Ain Issa camp, 785 IS affiliated prisoners have escaped:
On Sunday, the Kurdish-led authority said 785 foreigners afiliated with IS escaped the Ain Issa camp after it was shelled by Turkish forces and their allies, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said.

Seriously? Do they show any measure of fairness or legality when they kill innocent non combatants?!
But we shouldn’t be bringing ourselves down to their level. I personally don’t care what happens to the IS prisoners or their supporters - if they are blown to bits in an air strike for example, I won’t
shed a tear.
If they are tried for their crimes and subsequently executed by the country that finds them guilty, again, no tears shed here.
What I would absolutely not support however, is a repeat of multiple beheadings/executions being video streamed as a form of justice.
They must be dealt with, but in an appropriate manner, in my humble opinion.

But we shouldn’t be bringing ourselves down to their level. I personally don’t care what happens to the IS prisoners or their supporters - if they are blown to bits in an air strike for example, I won’t
shed a tear.
If they are tried for their crimes and subsequently executed by the country that finds them guilty, again, no tears shed here.
What I would absolutely not support however, is a repeat of multiple beheadings/executions being video streamed as a form of justice.
With afterthought yes I concur with you on that otherwise it makes us no better than they are.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
shed a tear.
The other difficulty is the women and children. I certainly wouldn’t condone or applaud and massacre and no reasonable court is going to sentence them to death unless they’ve been active terrorists - which some have. Some will be victims swept along by their lunatic menfolk. Most, though, are fellow travellers and should be dealt with accordingly.

DarkBrig

Old-Salt

The trouble is that there's not much evidence against them, they will all claim that they were in the IS medical team didn't kill anyone and were trapped there when they realized that they had made a mistake. With our pathetic legal system (which will certainly provide legal aid) I suspect they will get a few hours community service then given a new identity and released. They should be left there to rot, not brought back and tried at public expense for little or no punishment, F them and their kids - they'll be brainwashed by now anyway.

lecky

War Hero
I couldn't give a Monkey's what happens to any of them, they can all stay out there and "get looked after" by whoever, in a means whoever that is chooses.
Not one of them, Child or Adult, Male or Female, should be brought back as a political pawn for a do-gooder, or jihadi to Laud it over.
Not one of them deserve to have a Service person, or Civil Servant risk their lives trying to get them out.
Not one of them deserve a Taxpayers penny spent on "straightening them out" and providing for them, jumping straight to the top of an already slanted social housing queue.
Not one of them should present the slightest opportunity for some parasite Lawyer to make a quick buck out of the Taxpayer for whatever perceived slight they've received from Britain.

For a while now its become apparent that the various factions in the ME view Europe as the nearest safe haven to re-group after a defeat and try again later. It's become so second nature that they are confident enough to start publicly grizzling, at the slightest hint that might not happen for them.
Time to make it clear: You and your kids leave for this sort of thing, you and they won't be coming back, one way or another.

ThunderBox

On ROPS
On ROPs
Are there any serious politicians calling for the prisoners to be repatriated? Alistair Burt (Ex Foreign Office minister for the Middle East) this morning cautiously suggested that children of FTFs could be brought back to the UK if it could be proved they were British (only, ie not dual national) and that there was a means to bring them back, bearing in mind it's a conflict zone and there is no British diplomatic nor consular representation there. This was after the BBC found three very young children - apparently orphans - in a prison camp, allegedly from East London.

From a practical perspective, proving nationality of these children will be difficult, as will be getting them lawfully to the UK. Nothing to see, move along.
Probably safer in Syrian camps than Londonistan at the moment.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Mr Tweedy

Old-Salt
I don’t know what the right solition is but I suspect they’ll end up dead. The Turks will ‘find’ them and blame the Kurds. The Kurds will blame the Turks. Think Katowice, except that the ‘victims’ aren’t good guys.

There will be faux outrage but the real wailing will be if the women and children end up dead too. The loudest wailers will be those who have refused to do anything about it.
Did you mean Katyn?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wow!

1579656768268.png

Collapse over woman's return

Last week, Norway's Cabinet decided to allow the woman to return to Norway with her two children so that her 5-year-old son could receive medical treatment. The three had been living in the Kurdish-controlled al-Hol refugee camp in Syria.

The woman, who left Norway in 2013, was arrested upon her return on suspicion of being a member of the militant "Islamic State" (IS) group.

The woman's lawyer says she denies the charges against her and will cooperate fully with police.

The Progress Party offered to help the woman's children, but sought to block the government from providing assistance to adults seeking to return to Norway after marrying foreign fighters or joining Islamist groups abroad.

Countries across Europe have been struggling with whether or not to allow their citizens who left to join the fight in Syria, or marry IS militants, to return home. In November, Germany repatriated a woman suspected of being an IS member along with her three children.

Finland's government recently reached a compromise on the issue, deciding to look at each case individually.

Norway government collapses over IS spouse repatriation spat | DW | 20.01.2020

Last edited:

par avion

War Hero
Wow!

View attachment 445104

Collapse over woman's return

Last week, Norway's Cabinet decided to allow the woman to return to Norway with her two children so that her 5-year-old son could receive medical treatment. The three had been living in the Kurdish-controlled al-Hol refugee camp in Syria.

The woman, who left Norway in 2013, was arrested upon her return on suspicion of being a member of the militant "Islamic State" (IS) group.

The woman's lawyer says she denies the charges against her and will cooperate fully with police.

The Progress Party offered to help the woman's children, but sought to block the government from providing assistance to adults seeking to return to Norway after marrying foreign fighters or joining Islamist groups abroad.

Countries across Europe have been struggling with whether or not to allow their citizens who left to join the fight in Syria, or marry IS militants, to return home. In November, Germany repatriated a woman suspected of being an IS member along with her three children.

Finland's government recently reached a compromise on the issue, deciding to look at each case individually.

Norway government collapses over IS spouse repatriation spat | DW | 20.01.2020
What undermines efforts to keep these naughty ISIS jihadis out is the fact that we have already allowed 400 of them to sneak back into the country and resume normal living without any comeback. Which is why I think Begum's lawyers will win there case for her.

Apparently this ISIS Leader was arrested 5 days ago

Shifa Al-Nima gave 'religious justifications' for killing women and children before he was arrested in Iraq and led away on the back of a truck due to his weight.
1_Abu-Abdul-Bari-1.jpg

The photo just screams London squat at me, for some bizarre reason :D :D

Latest Threads