What to do on Saint Georges Day

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheIronDuke, Apr 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Wed 23rd.

1) Wear a rose

2) Ring your MP and demand to know why we are shelling out for various Celtic parliaments and why cant we have one?

3) Drink far too much English ale down an English boozer

4) Eat mince and dumplings instead of 'Authentic Italian Pizza'.

Play this till people throw things at you - *Linky*

2. Just p****d my self laughing at that linky thingamy. On St Georges Day aren't English men allowed to fire arrows at people of a Celtic/Gallic persuasion?

3. I shall be drinking vast amounts of Spitfire!

4. I shall be doing my best to get expelled from school again. Last year, my head of 6th form and I disagreed over me wearing the English flag...

5. Work precludes me from an enormous session unfortunately, but tomorrow night I shall raise a glass to Englishman in general & to the Fusiliers in particular

6. Mebbe he didn't object to the flag. Mebbe he objected to a national symbol being worn as a batman cape?

Personally, I've always thought that all of our national flags get treated a bit shitty (Union Flag skivvies??).

I don't think we need to get as anal as the septics but....

7. get a big fuck off white t shirt with the UJ on back on front and go for a mooch round town and see if i can count the amount of times i get evil eye'd by our ethnic muslim friends.

8. Not at all. She told me it was inappropriate for school. Fair comment about wearing it 'cape' stylee, but that wasn't the reason we had words...
    Just as a matter of interest, do you object when athletes are draped in their country's flag? (Not having a go, just curious)

Any suggestions as to what I can do this year would be appreciated.

Sensible, or otherwise ;)

9. My local's doing an offer on a pint of Bombardier & a roast beef sandwich for £2, so that's where I'll be.

10. I intend to put a big flag on my house, if the council come round to tell me orf, well i have the oil boiling in my upstairs bedroom already.
    Chaps, raise the flag of the resurrection, it is a Religeous flag and therefore you cannot be persecuted for it.

Dustbins are different altogether.

RCGJ

11. Why would you wear a Union Jack on St Georges day?

Im going to do something traditionally English, like go to continental europe invade a small plaza, pi55 in the fountain, vomit then throw some white plastic patio chairs at the police.

No Surrender

12. Why the UNION Flag on St George's Day?

Edited to add: Foiled, beaten to it again. If it wasn't for those pesky Barrack Room lawyers etc etc...

13. Mwaa ha ha ha ha, never mind shall we do a St georges day tour of the pubs and bars of Friar Street :wink:

14. Whatever the Emperor Mong decides, i shall follow.

15. I celebrated on Sunday (was unable to make the parade in Newcastle due to work). Ended the day upside down, but had a good day with some old friends.