Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do now the Stock Market has crashed.

elovabloke

ADC
It is indeed, but I'm actually contributing to the thread I started.
In your own inevitable way. Perhaps if you both stopped being confrontational things might improve. Note, I said both.

Play nice there's enough shit in your life's without me adding to it.

I'm not a fan of stock picking but there is some comment here that may be of interest to some.

Blogg

LE
Keep it easy fellas.

I'm no expert, but there is money to be made if you are careful. Deutsche Bank has already been mentioned. Their shares have been bouncing up and down the last few weeks. The golden rule obviously is buy low, sell high. From a purely amateur point of view Lufthansa looks to be a good buy as well. Like Deutsche Bank, it would never be allowed to go bust. Their share price is down, but it will go up again. Wirecard produced good results for me as well. Up 33% before I sold. They've since gone down again.
Short term, or long term, now is a good time to buy.

I am not advocating buying any shares of the companies mentioned. I'm just trying to say that there is money to be made out there if you are careful.

Yes, about Wirecard...

Funbaby

Old-Salt
After buying Boeing for a song and flogging it a week later for a 70% return, I bought a bunch of cheap stock in utilities, telecommunications , a couple of banks , Lyft and oil and gas companies between March and now; 20% ROI on that so far, will probably hang on to them until next year at least, when COVID19 and Trump will be hopefully out of picture.

Blogg

LE
As I said, "before I sold" :)

Count youself lucky

It is the German version of Enron but with added joy of German Bank Regulator having backed up the management, issued legal threats to FT Journo's who were pushing on the issues and banned short selling all in name of "maintaining reputation of German Stock Market"

So bad that the other lending banks will be " encouraged" to do something.

One joy many have not yet clocked is that Wirecard issued a lot of prepaid cards in their own name and as white label offerings. Good question over what happens now.....

With the US Election looming, I'd expect the markets will further recover regardless of who gets in.

Markets like certainty, and while it is not certain right now WHO will get in, one of the two will.

I think the reason markets aren't racing ahead right now is because it is likely that the next POTUS will have a different impact on various market sectors: Trump, with his love of sanctions, affects industries and sectors relying in imports, for example.

The article I link to may be of interest. The only fly in the ointment IMO is for Trump to make a "legal" challenge as to the validity of a vote he lost...

ETA article about a close call result:

Last edited:
Are there any obvious sectors that potential BIden policies would affect ?
With the US Election looming, I'd expect the markets will further recover regardless of who gets in.

Markets like certainty, and while it is not certain right now WHO will get in, one of the two will.

I think the reason markets aren't racing ahead right now is because it is likely that the next POTUS will have a different impact on various market sectors: Trump, with his love of sanctions, affects industries and sectors relying in imports, for example.

The article I link to may be of interest. The only fly in the ointment IMO is for Trump to make a "legal" challenge as to the validity of a vote he lost...

Last two paragraphs are interesting -

"There's only one big difference between a Trump and Biden win, according to Lee. If Trump wins, expect Trump to cut taxes. If Biden wins, expect Biden to raise the capital gains tax, leading to the selling of winners like technology stocks.

But not all analysts are so sure that Biden will raise taxes immediately in office. In a note on Monday, JPMorgan said that Biden will instead put his immediate focus on rebuilding the economy rather than raising taxes, and that any tax increases would likely be "watered down."

Any ideas on the other options for Biden to rebuild the economy ?

Any ideas about building economies should be put on the back burner until an effective Covid vaccine has been invented.

Until then, expect nothing more than juggling and Central Banks and economists trying to talk up economies.

Are there any obvious sectors that potential BIden policies would affect ?
<snip>
Not really sure on either count TBH. But you might like these:

Any ideas about building economies should be put on the back burner until an effective Covid vaccine has been invented.

Until then, expect nothing more than juggling and Central Banks and economists trying to talk up economies.
Woefully myopic, ignorant and ill informed

Yes belter

Wall Street opens lower as virus cases surge, stimulus doubts weigh​

Remember this ?

Chortle Chortle.

elovabloke

ADC
Yes belter

Remember this ?

Chortle Chortle.
Have you got anything to actually say or do you want thread banning.

As they say on all good game shows “The Choice is Yours”

I only trade on the US stocks and until such times that the Fed stops propping it up then it's pretty much only going one way, up. It has some retractions along the way but these are usually only short lived and offer great buying opportunities.

Have you got anything to actually say or do you want thread banning.

As they say on all good game shows “The Choice is Yours”

I did have something to say, and said it by replying to @MuddyOldEngineer

It wasn't me that came charging out the blocks with insults

If you can find something woefully myopic, ignorant and ill informed in my reply to @MuddyOldEngineer, I'm all ears awaiting an explanation.

elovabloke

ADC
I did have something to say, and said it by replying to @MuddyOldEngineer

It wasn't me that came charging out the blocks with insults

If you can find something woefully myopic, ignorant and ill informed in my reply to @MuddyOldEngineer, I'm all ears awaiting an explanation.
Nothing to explain, perhaps you and BB should just ignore each other.