What to do now the Stock Market has crashed.

happyuk

War Hero
What to do now that stock markets have "crashed"?

Rejoice! Especially if you're into this stock-market-index-tracker-pound-cost-averaging thingy for the long term.

It just means that you are getting more units per buck than you were previously.

Oh, and besides rejoice, completely ignore what the doom-mongering media financial pundits are saying.

Where did I use a ‘comedy’ version of a username and why had my post been deleted?

I simply questioned why someone who purports to be a financial advisor is advising people to buy equities or indices in a bear market.

On re-reading this thread, I’d suggest it should be deleted. The OP is hiding behind an avatar to give financial advice.
I'm fairly sure the comment wasn't aimed at you.

I'm discussing the market, not giving advice.

And you don't need to keep mentioning that I "purport" to be a financial adviser - I am.

If you don't mind sharing - what timescale, what price?
Sell 5690. Stop 5820. Target 5000. R2R 5:1. But if it crashes 5000....pile in

Timeframe is the daily chart. But I’m looking for a long term clean entry. If the dead cat bounce occurs and the FTSE heads south there’s support in the mid 3000s. We’ve already broken the two tops from the noughties; the next bounce below 5000 is a long way away.

I’m looking for a long term short entry. Use the profits to buy equities on the way down. That I’ve not worked out!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Where did I use a ‘comedy’ version of a username and why had my post been deleted?

I simply questioned why someone who purports to be a financial advisor is advising people to buy equities or indices in a bear market.

On re-reading this thread, I’d suggest it should be deleted. The OP is hiding behind an avatar to give financial advice.
None of yours have been deleted as far as I can see?

The first of the '' Bad data '' is starting to filter through.

EU Major economies in tatters.

EUR Markit France Composite PMI (APR P) Actual: 11.2 Forecast: 25.3 Previous 28.9

EUR Markit/BME Germany Composite PMI (APR P) Actual: 17.1 Forecast: 28.8 Previous: 35.0

EZ wide Composite PMI

EUR Markit Eurozone Composite PMI (APR P) Actual: 13.5 Forecast: 25.0 Previous: 29.7

UK Composite PMI

GBP Markit/CIPS UK Composite PMI (APR P) Actual: 12.9 Forecast: 31 Previous: 36

You can mark this as the beginning of your Stock Market Crash.

Although TBF, it wont be an overnight crash, it will be a long, slow steady decline.

At the time of composing

FTSE 100 - 5754

FTSE 250 - 15667

Something else you can give an '' Old '' to

There is that word Depression rearing it's ugly head.

No worries to you though. You have seen it all before :D :D

Have you managed to work out yet that you haven't seen anything like this yet ?

Something else you can give an '' Old '' to

There is that word Depression rearing it's ugly head.

No worries to you though. You have seen it all before :D :D

Have you managed to work out yet that you haven't seen anything like this yet ?
Beats me why the Stock Exchange doesn't listen to you.

Up 55 points today.

Last edited:
D

Deleted 164106

Well, my 2 funds were both up (by about 6 & 2%) today, so I'm cashing them in for now - I've earned more on them than I would have in the Bank over the same period. Maybe I'll buy again when things have calmed a little.

I'm keeping my shares, however, as they're so far down I may as well just hope they don't go bust and not look at them for a few years.

Well, my 2 funds were both up (by about 6 & 2%) today, so I'm cashing them in for now - I've earned more on them than I would have in the Bank over the same period. Maybe I'll buy again when things have calmed a little.

I'm keeping my shares, however, as they're so far down I may as well just hope they don't go bust and not look at them for a few years.
Probably a good plan.

Hope you have someone lined up in case you pop your clogs before you reach 75, so that they can have it tax free, a certain poster appears to think that this is the way ahead.

A whole 55 points !!

Did you have difficulty is working this part out ?

Not to worry, it will sink in eventually.
You gleefully posted your usual bad news as if it was some kind of portent of the Apocalypse.
Despite that, the markets rose.

Ha ha.

And it wasn't more than about a week ago that you actually thought market movements over about 90 minutes was worth posting.

You're out of your depth; give it a rest, eh?

You gleefully posted your usual bad news as if it was some kind of portent of the Apocalypse.
Despite that, the markets rose.

Ha ha.

And it wasn't more than about a week ago that you actually thought market movements over about 90 minutes was worth posting.

You're out of your depth; give it a rest, eh?
Dry your eyes and keep hitting that '' Old '' button. It is all you have, you pathetic imbecile.

UK markets
UK markets% changeValueChange
FTSE 100FTSE 100 London
London
-1.28%5752.19-74.42
FTSE 250FTSE 250 London
London
-0.97%15641.27-152.77

Nobbygas

Old-Salt
Right them me ol china.

Did you get that house flogged ?

Did you invest that 6 figure sum you were bumping your gums about ?

How about sharing a few tips, some people might actually be interested in a little investing.

I am waiting for DB shares to hit €5 a share and then I'm going in for a 1000 shares.

Purely on the basis that it will be bailed out bigtime if it is about to go under - Too big to allow to fail.

This is not a recommendation for anyone to rush in and buy DB shares
I've made some nice money on DB during the last few weeks. At one point they were up 32% on the price I bought them for.

All these pretty little graphs showing PMI, Stock markets etc going down. Pretty much expected, I would think.
A little like the very helpful graph in the Guardian showing restaurant bookings are down 100% compared with the same time last year. No idea why, of course, maybe people don't want to go to restaurants? (yes, that last bit was ironic).
Or retail sales down over 5%. Nothing to do with loads of retails stores being closed, of course.
I was actually a little surprised at how little retails sales have dropped. Maybe the supermarket extra profits are pushing it up a little.

Dry your eyes and keep hitting that '' Old '' button. It is all you have, you pathetic imbecile.

UK markets
UK markets% changeValueChange
FTSE 100FTSE 100 London
London
-1.28%5752.19-74.42
FTSE 250FTSE 250 London
London
-0.97%15641.27-152.77
Not only are you throwing out insults in CA, but you're actually quoting market movements over 90 minutes because you think they're pertinent...

<<sniggers>>