What to do if you think someone is walting it up a touch

I think that someone I know is walting it up a bit... The guy is a nice guy and is pretty unassuming but is in a senior management role in a company...

He purports to have been educated at 'The Royal Military Academy' with all the associated connotations. However, I know that he was only a lance jack (full screw at most) in an artillery regiment.

What should a chap do?

Answers on a postcard...

I like that idea.... unfortunately not in the same company anymore - I was just going through some LinkedIn connections and came across him again...

Would it not be easier and possibly quicker to post an answer on line rather than send a postcard 8O

fly_boy said:
I think that someone I know is walting it up a bit... The guy is a nice guy and is pretty unassuming but is in a senior management role in a company...

He purports to have been educated at 'The Royal Military Academy' with all the associated connotations. However, I know that he was only a lance jack (full screw at most) in an artillery regiment.

What should a chap do?

Answers on a postcard...
Maybe he meant close to the RMA Woolwich

Start a hate campaign?

western said:
fly_boy said:

What should a chap do?

Answers on a postcard...
I was educated at the Academy in Woolwich, by several QA's

There is a civvy side to RMAS, I think. Seem to remember some bint off The Apprentice was on the course. Could be (and probably am) wrong...

box-of-frogs said:
Start a hate campaign?
A Witch-Hunt, followed by a show trial, then firing squad. That'll show him.

I've thought of the public outing - the finger pointing of ridicule and the sneers of contempt....

The broken career and the subsequent drink problem - his wife will leave hm and his children sneer at him with disdain...

Subsequent homelessness ensues and the final broken husk of a man will be laid to rest in a paupers grave as a consequence of his acquired heroin and crack cocaine habit...

Possibly a bit harsh????

Markintime said:
western said:
fly_boy said:

What should a chap do?

Answers on a postcard...
I was educated at the Academy in Woolwich, by several QA's
One at a time or altogether?

He must be pretty good to get to a senior management position from being a junior rank? Maybe he went to a military school when he was a sprog.

ObnoxiousJockGit said:
He must be pretty good to get to a senior management position from being a junior rank? Maybe he went to a military school when he was a sprog.
Why? I was in senior management, and i was at brats. What you were in the Army doesnt mean you cant make it outside you know. (okay gone downhill since then, but) :)

I know plenty of junior ranks that made it to junior management positions but time was always against them to get any higher because they were staring at the bottom. Officers/senior ranks tend to filter in at a higher starting grade. Obviously there are exceptional people....which was my point.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
ObnoxiousJockGit said:
because they were staring at the bottom.

There's the problem right there. Bunch of leching perverts should have been concentrating on the job in hand.

Put a sign up in the staff area,
selling,

1 x Triumph TR6
1 x Chocolate Labrador called "Rusty"
1 x Pair of well worn brown brogues

If he breaks out in a sweat and f*cks off to the bank at dinner, bingo !! :D

reni_77 said:
Put a sign up in the staff area,
selling,

1 x Triumph TR6
1 x Chocolate Labrador called "Rusty"
1 x Pair of well worn brown brogues

If he breaks out in a sweat and f*cks off to the bank at dinner, bingo !! :D
That is the best suggestion so far.....

fly_boy said:

What should a chap do?

Answers on a postcard...
Why not do the same and achieve (I presume) and nice little salary like the said bloke (will not call him a walt as you have not stated that he is SAS/Para/Marines/RLC etc)
My limited experience of Company progression is based a lot on brown nosing and bullshine. (Sounds familiar) Do a lot of self employ stuff.
He has got that far by playing a clever game and presumably ability so do not worry about what he says but copy him and have yourself a nice little journey as well. Good luck, enjoy your new found wealth and see you at the next Leigon of Frontier battlecamp :D

hairyhandbag said:
fly_boy said:

What should a chap do?

Answers on a postcard...
Why not do the same and achieve (I presume) and nice little salary like the said bloke (will not call him a walt as you have not stated that he is SAS/Para/Marines/RLC etc)
My limited experience of Company progression is based a lot on brown nosing and bullshine. (Sounds familiar) Do a lot of self employ stuff.
He has got that far by playing a clever game and presumably ability so do not worry about what he says but copy him and have yourself a nice little journey as well. Good luck, enjoy your new found wealth and see you at the next Leigon of Frontier battlecamp :D
I understand what you say about not stating that he is SAS/PARA, etc etc.

But pretending to have been an officer is also a waltish thing to do...

If you can understand that point of view.

Latest Threads