What to buy?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by old_bloke, Jul 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. O_B s mum was rushed to hospital this morning. I'm 1500 miles away and sister is 3500 miles away. We both got calls and as Big sis is a Dr and well smart she called the hospital , gave a password and got a few snippets of info, I called later and spoke to a fantastical Staff Nurse who also after password told me a few things.

Quick question to the nurses out there, what would you like as a thank you gift?

Thornton's chocolates , flowers or a bottle of 100% Polish Vodka?

2. Biscuits or chocolates.

3. 200 B&H

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  4. HHH

HHH LE

As far as I'm aware flowers are not allowed in wards any more, so as Jarrod says something for them to share.

• Like Like x 1
  5. trivial pursuit for the long nights, and a box of rose for the fridge, a tin of biscuits for the staff room.

6. Why? is it still because the flowers still
    "steal" the oxygen ?

7. We had to move them at night because of that.

8. On basis of bacterial infection risk, and they were a bloody hindrance getting knocked over in acute care settings.

Though as an aside, it was alleged that it was only water from vases. that kept some patients hydrated at Stafford hospital:wtf:

9. HHH

HHH LE

Yea that's what I was told the last time I was in, that it was due to infection control.
    But I wasn't sure if the ban was UK wide or just here in NI.

10. No universal ban, it is down to each Healthcare Trust and/or each ward in that Trust.

11. Nice choccies. Be sure to give them to the night shift. Days will always wolf the nice ones and leave the crap ones, tends not to happen the other way round (well, a bit)

12. It was disproved years ago, but SOP's never got changed

13. Batteries! Lots of Batteries!!