What to buy?

O_B s mum was rushed to hospital this morning. I'm 1500 miles away and sister is 3500 miles away. We both got calls and as Big sis is a Dr and well smart she called the hospital , gave a password and got a few snippets of info, I called later and spoke to a fantastical Staff Nurse who also after password told me a few things.

Quick question to the nurses out there, what would you like as a thank you gift?

Thornton's chocolates , flowers or a bottle of 100% Polish Vodka?

O_B s mum was rushed to hospital this morning. I'm 1500 miles away and sister is 3500 miles away. We both got calls and as Big sis is a Dr and well smart she called the hospital , gave a password and got a few snippets of info, I called later and spoke to a fantastical Staff Nurse who also after password told me a few things.

Quick question to the nurses out there, what would you like as a thank you gift?

200 B&H

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

As far as I'm aware flowers are not allowed in wards any more, so as Jarrod says something for them to share.

D

Davetheclown

trivial pursuit for the long nights, and a box of rose for the fridge, a tin of biscuits for the staff room.

As far as I'm aware flowers are not allowed in wards any more.
On basis of bacterial infection risk, and they were a bloody hindrance getting knocked over in acute care settings.

Though as an aside, it was alleged that it was only water from vases. that kept some patients hydrated at Stafford hospital:wtf:

On basis of bacterial infection risk, and they were a bloody hindrance getting knocked over in acute care settings.

Though as an aside, it was alleged that it was only water from vases. that kept some patients hydrated at Stafford hospital:wtf:
Yea that's what I was told the last time I was in, that it was due to infection control.
But I wasn't sure if the ban was UK wide or just here in NI.

Yea that's what I was told the last time I was in, that it was due to infection control.
But I wasn't sure if the ban was UK wide or just here in NI.
No universal ban, it is down to each Healthcare Trust and/or each ward in that Trust.

Nice choccies. Be sure to give them to the night shift. Days will always wolf the nice ones and leave the crap ones, tends not to happen the other way round (well, a bit)