What things in life have been handed to you?

Apart from a thankfully receding preference to over-indulge with Alcohol, I haven't received spit.

Having said that, I suppose moving to Northumberland as a kid out of Newcastle was a gift.

Diko

Old-Salt
Memories of my wonderful military childhood

Attachments

• A88E3587-BEE2-4279-BE40-CB838BE87B3B.jpeg
    A88E3587-BEE2-4279-BE40-CB838BE87B3B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
But what things have been handed to you on a silver platter, that you won’t have to do SFA for?
My Name

My Opinion of being born in the best nation on the planet, the United States of America (not intended as an insult to foreigners)

Some old War souvenirs, pictures from my dad

That's it

We weren't rich and only in later adulthood did I realize the French toast or Soup and rice dinners we had as kids were because we didnt have a lot of money. We didnt have a car sometimes for years and then always a used clunker.

My Name

My Opinion of being born in the best nation on the planet, the United States of America (not intended as an insult to foreigners)

Some old War souvenirs, pictures from my dad

That's it

We weren't rich and only in later adulthood did I realize the French toast or Soup and rice dinners we had as kids were because we didnt have a lot of money. We didnt have a car sometimes for years and then always a used clunker.
Yeah but you grew up in the 60’s and 70’s I do believe. Different times.

What kind of work are you looking for?
Don't know to be honest, I may need to talk to an advisor about what skills I've got that can translate into country town/ rural living. I'd like to stick to NSW if I can.

I'm in my 40's and been a sysadmin/computer nerd all my life. I really want to change careers as I can't see myself dealing with the way the computer industry is going at the moment and the rise of state sponsored cybercrime and increased ransomware attacks.

I'm training with the RFS at the moment, which I'm guessing would be a bonus in the bush, but thanks to family genetics, I'm in danger of developing arthritis and already have the first signs of it which means I need to take it easy with my hobbies/exercise. I've camped and hunted a fair bit over the last few years, so I'm not that put off by being out in the middle of nowhere with no-one around (sometimes I actually prefer it).

Last edited:
Two Mercedes 190 Cosworths of the wife’s uncle who thought they were big standard 190s mind I had to get wed for them. A brace of Purdey’s from the god farther for just being born. The family farm as my eldest brother popped his clogs early and a sodding load of debts from it.

Latest Threads