What things in life have been handed to you?

We all like to discuss the deprivations in life that we endure and how hard we work for what we own.

But what things have been handed to you on a silver platter, that you won’t have to do SFA for?

For example I have a few grand in firearms from the old man and a decade ago was given a Ford Expedition and some mineral rights etc. The wife’s parents have given us a few acres of land, simply for being alive and for doing push-ups on their daughter. Worth a few shekels that her brother can eventually buy from her, or we sell it to build a Walmart on.

Last edited:
We all like to discuss the deprivations in life that we endure and how hard we work for what we own.

But what things have been handed to you on a silver platter, that you won’t have to do SFA for?

For example I have a few grand in firearms from the old man and a decade ago a Ford Expedition and some mineral rights etc. The wife’s parents have given us a few acres of land, simply for being alive and for doing push-ups on their daughter. Worth a few shekels that her brother can eventually buy from her, or we sell it to build a Walmart on.
My Dad's classic (early 1950's) motorbike. It's not worth much, but it's got some sentimental value as one of my earliest memories was going on it, sat on the tank as my dad rode over a field.

That's about it, sadly!

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
My arse on more than one occasion

For example I have a few grand in firearms from the old man and a decade ago a Ford Expedition and some mineral rights etc. The wife’s parents have given us a few acres of land, simply for being alive and for doing push-ups on their daughter. Worth a few shekels that her brother can eventually buy from her, or we sell it to build a Walmart on.
Nothing.

Sweet Fanny Adams that is useful.
A large steel case containing hundreds of letters and docs including birth certs etc going back to mid 19th century though. Guess I'd better get it all sorted out before I croak.
Fathers ring.
Some carpentry tools used on the Queens.
Boxes of old slides some of which I've had restored

A rose glass off the Lusitania when it got torpedoed.
MJ15_Lusi_Painting2_480px_2.jpg

Last edited:

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sweet Fanny Adams that is useful.
A large steel case containing hundreds of letters and docs including birth certs etc going back to mid 19th century though. Guess I'd better get it all sorted out before I croak.
Plus a rose glass off the Lusitania when it got torpedoed.
MJ15_Lusi_Painting2_480px_2.jpg

My gran gave me one of these

1915-karl-goetz-lusitania-medal.jpg

To be born British. Having been around the block a few times I can tell you that it has real value.

The shitty end of the stick on occasion.
But you like it!

I have a Bil who has been pissing me off to no end. His father is allowing him to use his land for his cattle operation, and we let him graze and grow hay on ours free of charge. But he still has the nerve to give my wife the business over his financial problems.

Film star looks and exceptionally large genitalia...
Sorry to blow your persec but was the film star known for lots of westerns?

132233534-huge-penis-of-a-brown-horse-against-green-natural-background.jpg

Something I learned today; never type "horse with massive cock" into Google images. :eek: