What things do you see all the time on TV or in Films?

This is one of these things when my trying to explain it would confuse both you and me since I've formatted drives so many times now it's basically automatic.

Hmm. This site looks like a starting point, though as I've said, most if not all the solid-state stuff I've seen has been pre-formatted to FAT32, as it's the most common standard, and NTFS is usually just a Microsoft-focused thingy. (Even though FAT32 was a Microsoft thingy first, everyone and their mummies has adopted it.)

Here's what FAT32 actually is (basically how your device recognizes what the storage is):

If that doesn't work, fire me across a link to what your hard-drive is, who makes it and so on, and I'll have a swatch with my Bing and/or Google-Fu.
Thank you, let me work through this and see what I can come up with

'exFAT32' or somesuch now. While trying to put a load of mp4s onto a stick I kept hitting a 'semaphore time-out period has expired' notice, and on checking up with all the Internet Advice noted that external devices such as this one could possibly be used if they were formatted in NTFS, which has bigger bits. Bloody thing records a few tracks now then stops and sulks. £25 gone; Gouangzhou wins again.

Brought to the front of my consciousness by what I saw last night on Vigil, this is what I see all the time in any police drama TV programme or film: when popping round to arrest the bad guy (and last night it was a GRU man) charge up to the front door mob-handed, lights and sirens and then have to chase the bad guy down when he not surprisingly does a bunk through the back door or window. Why not use half as many 'troops', a walk past in civvies to confirm doors, two police round the back then in through the front? Mind, at least the GRU bloke had the pleasure of being taken by a lesbian.

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
Brought to the front of my consciousness by what I saw last night on Vigil, this is what I see all the time in any police drama TV programme or film: when popping round to arrest the bad guy (and last night it was a GRU man) charge up to the front door mob-handed, lights and sirens and then have to chase the bad guy down when he not surprisingly does a bunk through the back door or window. Why not use half as many 'troops', a walk past in civvies to confirm doors, two police round the back then in through the front? Mind, at least the GRU bloke had the pleasure of being taken by a lesbian.
On a lot of US law enforcement dramas (NCIS, FBI etc) (yes i know a bit crap but they pass the time) , I always see when approaching someone to make an arrest, they see the target, stop about 20 metres away and shout at them to stay still, conveniently giving said target enough time to run away and/or because of the big distance some random stranger to walk in they way, realise there are drawn guns then just stand and scream or whatever, again allowing suspect to run away.

Tommy lee jones clint and samuel jackson playing the part of marines in vietnam eyerack and such.
Ffs pack it in lads. You're to old and look ridiculous.
I watched "rules of engagement and valley of elah" the other night ...utter shyte.

Tommy lee jones clint and samuel jackson playing the part of marines in vietnam eyerack and such.
Ffs pack it in lads. You're to old and look ridiculous.
I watched "rules of engagement and valley of elah" the other night ...utter shyte.
Nice - but wong fred for dis post mother-f*ck*r :cool: .

skeetstar

Old-Salt
Similarly , blokes as old as the hills always seem to have no trouble pairing up with the hottest totty available.

Awol

LE
Similarly , blokes as old as the hills always seem to have no trouble pairing up with the hottest totty available.
That was always the theme in 1940/1950s films. You’ll inevitably get some middle aged bloke (usually a WW2 pilot or destroyer captain tap off with a 19 year old nurse) As an example, see the Douglas Bader film (I can’t remember its name).

I really wish such things did happen, but they don’t, not in real life, otherwise I’d be sewing pilot wings on to all my T-shirts.

Dalef65

Old-Salt
That was always the theme in 1940/1950s films. You’ll inevitably get some middle aged bloke (usually a WW2 pilot or destroyer captain tap off with a 19 year old nurse) As an example, see the Douglas Bader film (I can’t remember its name).

I really wish such things did happen, but they don’t, not in real life, otherwise I’d be sewing pilot wings on to all my T-shirts.
Reach for the Sky.

That's the name of the Douglas Bader film btw, not a suggestion on ways to pull 19 year olds.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

If you were a real pilot, you wouldn't need wings to point it out, you'd have told them!

Vehicles from The Very Inconvenient Trucking Company always drive across the road/alley/twisty mountain trail between a cop/fed/hero car and the bad guy(s) car during the climactic car chase and just stop, completely blocking said thoroughfare.

Then immediately forget how to find first or reverse gear.

and just stop
They do, don't they? Usually at the junction of alleyways (with lots of packing cases stacked around) in which the goodies/baddies are clearly speeding well over the limits. There should be a law.

The goodies/baddies inevitably hit a barrowload of fruit, too.

Chef

LE
Vehicles from The Very Inconvenient Trucking Company always drive across the road/alley/twisty mountain trail between a cop/fed/hero car and the bad guy(s) car during the climactic car chase and just stop, completely blocking said thoroughfare.

Then immediately forget how to find first or reverse gear.
It's also a requirement that in any urban chase scene dress racks or sheets of glass will also come out of the side turning to impede the chase.

It's also a requirement that in any urban chase scene dress racks or sheets of glass will also come out of the side turning to impede the chase.
Large panes of glass is a good one as well, although usually in the lighter-hearted films.

syrup

LE
Don't forget the car flying through the air at any crash on the motorway.
CHiPs was famous for it normally a banged up blue or light green car.

Where everyone else just smashes into each other it takes off using the boot of another car as a ski ramp to get airborne

Where vintage vehicles are used they are always immaculate with not a spot of dust or splash of mud upon the bodywork, even at the conclusion of a wickedly racy car chase.
Where vintage vehicles are used, they're always seen in motion rather than sitting sadly at the side of the road in a cloud of smoke or expanding pool of oil.

Latest Threads