What things do you see all the time on TV or in Films?

Fires in films. A number of half frozen trekkers enter an abandoned log cabin and there are still logs in the grate. Somebody lobs a cardboard book match in the fireplace and WHOOF, instant blazing fire. Place cosy in minutes. As a kid, my job was to get the grate into life with paper, thin kindling, sticks and wet coal. Occasionally paraffin out of the Primus or even shavings off a candle. Why don't more people notice this stuff?
Funny enough in our local spoons winter before last I was asked to light the fire, all sorted and lit but to be fair a bit steady. I go and get a few sheets of the Telegraph and hold over the fireplace much to the bemusement of some youngsters, but the delight of two old biddies delighted that somebody still knows how to draw a fire.

Funny enough in our local spoons winter before last I was asked to light the fire, all sorted and lit but to be fair a bit steady. I go and get a few sheets of the Telegraph and hold over the fireplace much to the bemusement of some youngsters, but the delight of two old biddies delighted that somebody still knows how to draw a fire.
Lots of references to starting fires by your method over here ----->