What things do you see all the time on TV or in Films?

Quite a few comments above note the overwhelming presence of black faces in adverts, films, tv programmes etc. I became so incensed by my bank's insistence (Barclays) that I must be black, that I've swapped out to another which recognises my unpigmented heritage. Take a look at the photographs advertising their services on their website; I last saw something similar in Botswana, and the proportion of black people there is more than the 3.4% it is in the UK. I am insulted. They shall have no more business from me. Luckily, there is a bank servicing my needs which recognises that I am not from SE Asia, Africa or even frigging France.

Who were you trying to rescue? Where there nuclear weapons involved? Should you tell us?

So many questions!
My secret agent kit was a grease gun and cotton rags. I can say no more; Official Secrets Act and all that.

Quite a few comments above note the overwhelming presence of black faces in adverts, films, tv programmes etc. I became so incensed by my bank's insistence (Barclays) that I must be black, that I've swapped out to another which recognises my unpigmented heritage. Take a look at the photographs advertising their services on their website; I last saw something similar in Botswana, and the proportion of black people there is more than the 3.4% it is in the UK. I am insulted. They shall have no more business from me. Luckily, there is a bank servicing my needs which recognises that I am not from SE Asia, Africa or even frigging France.

As I have said repeatedly, there are very many good reasons for taking your custom away from Barclay's Bank. Yours is probably not one of the most glaringly obvious.

As I have said repeatedly, there are very many good reasons for taking your custom away from Barclay's Bank. Yours is probably not one of the most glaringly obvious.
Go on then. Don't stop there. I have quite a bit of cash in Barclay's and my pension is paid into a current account with them. What are the "very many good reasons for taking your custom away from Barclay's Bank"?

DM if you prefer to not go public and risk anything. No, I don't work for Barclay's.

Go on then. Don't stop there. I have quite a bit of cash in Barclay's and my pension is paid into a current account with them. What are the "very many good reasons for taking your custom away from Barclay's Bank"?

DM if you prefer to not go public and risk anything. No, I don't work for Barclay's.
Well in rhymes with wänk for a start...

Nothing secret squirrel, but if you are interested just use the search function.

NSP

LE
Binoculars.
Passed from hand to hand on battlegrounds, racecourses, nudist camps.
Never, never adjusted for individual eyes.

CFB
Ditto when the hero picks up a henchmans dropped rifle and scope combo and takes careful aim then bulleyes the fleeing baddie - even though the weapon and ammo are unfamiliar and the scope is zeroed to someone else's eye.

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
Ditto when the hero picks up a henchmans dropped rifle and scope combo and takes careful aims then bulleyes the fleeing baddie - even the weapon and ammo are unfamiliar and the scope is zeroed to someone else's eye.

Same detail when they're using an iron-sighted rifle. They only get hits on their target because of lazy writing, not skill.

Ditto when the hero picks up a henchmans dropped rifle and scope combo and takes careful aims then bulleyes the fleeing baddie - even the weapon and ammo are unfamiliar and the scope is zeroed to someone else's eye.
People constantly go on about this, but it's frankly bollox. Even if the weapon is zeroed for someone else, as long as you are even half-skilled at shooting, you still have an overwhelming chance of hitting a human sized target within 100m or so. You may not be able to put the round in their left ear, but you could certainly hit the central body mass.

NSP

LE
People constantly go on about this, but it's frankly bollox. Even if the weapon is zeroed for someone else, as long as you are even half-skilled at shooting, you still have an overwhelming chance of hitting a human sized target within 100m or so. You may not be able to put the round in their left ear, but you could certainly hit the central body mass.
What about the obligatory movie meme of the long-range 1000yd shot, though...?

By the by, when turning up in a convoy of Hummers/Ford pick-ups/G-Wagons/etc. the baddies will announce their arrival in plenty of time by approaching the goodies compound at full chat from the rear, trailing a massive cloud of dust, then drive all the way around the perimeter to enter by the front gate. The lead goodie always stands there watching them approach, only springing into action and galvanising his lesser companions to get motivated, grab what they can and jump in their own wagon to try and make a breaks for it as the lead vehicles pass through the gate (obligatory smashing through it in a cloud of wood splinters or flying chain link notwithstanding).

Last edited:

syrup

LE
Ditto when the hero picks up a henchmans dropped rifle and scope combo and takes careful aim then bulleyes the fleeing baddie - even though the weapon and ammo are unfamiliar and the scope is zeroed to someone else's eye.

Yet a sniper who has spent months in training with his own weapon and sight spends the first 2 minutes of any mission spinning the elevation and windage adjustment like he's cracking a safe combination

Why spend so long in training if you can just arrive on a roof hold your rifle spin the dials and hit it dead center anyway

Yet a sniper who has spent months in training with his own weapon and sight spends the first 2 minutes of any mission spinning the elevation and windage adjustment like he's cracking a safe combination

Why spend so long in training if you can just arrive on a roof hold your rifle spin the dials and hit it dead center anyway
At 100m? If you need 'dials' to hit a fully grown person with a rifle calibre round at 100m, you probably shouldn't even be allowed an air rifle. Just to be clear, I am not talking about very small targets, long range or movement in shooter or target.

NSP

LE
At 100m? If you need 'dials' to hit a fully grown person with a rifle calibre round at 100m, you probably shouldn't even be allowed an air rifle. Just to be clear, I am not talking about very small targets, long range or movement in shooter or target.
I said yards and 100 was a typo, since corrected.