What things do you see all the time on TV or in Films?

Issi

War Hero
Never ever wipe the blood from your face, just leave it trickling down.

And in every barracks, no matter where in the world, there is always a squad of troops going for a run, usually down the main drag, and as soon as they're out of shot, a helicopter (usually a Huey), will fly over the camp.

Soldiers use the full rank when talking - "Lance Corporal Jones, have you seen Staff Sergeant Smith?"

I always love how in the The Walking Dead, everybody is an expert marksmen scoring head shots at 50 meters with a handgun or using rifles without any sort of sights or optics and putting rounds on target.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I always love how in the The Walking Dead, everybody is an expert marksmen scoring head shots at 50 meters with a handgun or using rifles without any sort of sights or optics and putting rounds on target.
I know, right?

Even the annoying little shit mini-Grimes.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Probably already been mentioned but it’s a known fact that an empty fuel tank in a plane or car has to be double checked by tapping on the gauge.

wife who is now remarried to a real stiff who is a Dentist, Lawyer or something well paid
Cop's/soldier's/fireman's wife spends most of their downtime telling him to stop doing whatever it is that brings an income to feed her and her ghastly children, so they can spend more time holding hands. The bitchiness always increases at the crucially important point in his career.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Probably already been mentioned but it’s a known fact that an empty fuel tank in a plane or car has to be double checked by tapping on the gauge.
As it is well known that a bullet to the fuel tank creates a MOAB-type explosion.

Individuals bear no wounds after being punched heavily on the nose several times.
I loved the Sweeney for that - Carter gets a twatting, and as he reels backwards says 'Me 'ooter! Why is it always me 'ooter?'
Next scene - next day he walks into the office, suitably battered, and everyone's taking the piss.
"'Ere, don't you lot start - Maisie in the canteen just asked if I want mustard on it!"

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Everyone in America keeps a spare set of car keys hidden in the sun visor.

FACT.

I remember Colin Farrell playing Alexander the Great with an Irish accent.
If it's the one I vaguely remember, that was a truly appalling film, and another example of 'ex-soldier reluctantly hauled out of retirement to save the situation'.

When the "bad" guy is found out in a group and kept alive as the protagonist for the rest of the film. I think in Aliens got it right when they found out that Carter was going to kill the rest on the way back to Earth:

Ripley: We have to take him back to stand trial.
Cpl Hicks: No, we just shoot him now, no offence!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Tickets to sporting events seem to be incredibly hard to come by and apparently can’t be purchased on the door.

“I got two tickets to the game this Friday.”

Ducking gunfire.

On the subject of vehicles with exploding paint, I watched a TV prog where a plane crashed and didn't explode.

No-one ever changes down a gear, only up.

Movie H-Ds go round corners and cross-country.

Sports bikes can't outrun US patrol cars.

If that was in a movie:

A) It would sound like a Harley.
B) Rider would pull a wheelie to go faster.
C) He'd die in an bike accident later.

Spaceship crews invariably consist of wildly disparate and incompatible psychopaths, sex fiends, comedians, ludicrously attractive scientists, toughguys and a born leader (a woman).

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Subway trains always have shit flickery lights.

Latest Threads