What things do you see all the time on TV or in Films?

In the 1st 10 minutes of every American made product the lead character will be shown at breakfast with his loving (puke) family.

99% of Americans even women ( @LJONESY ) will order or drink Whisky. They think it makes them sound tough. :)

Soju will make you tough.
Whisky is just better tasting then the Bud Light water. Less calories to boot. But I digress many of you older folks clinging to life will pretend to be people of taste and drink ******* wine. Now if you will excuse me I have to organize my hand bag and paint my nails!

Also, every baddie in every Hollywood film has an English accent, no matter where in the world they're from.
Brian Cox (the actor not the prof) was asked about this, I think on Top Gear. He said something like English accents imply intelligence, and intelligence is something that Americans do not trust.

Any explosive device designed to be placed covertly has a bright flashing LED and/or timer and 'beeps' as part of the countdown process.

Any explosive device designed to be placed covertly has a bright flashing LED and/or timer and 'beeps' as part of the countdown process.
........ and you can only cut the wire, pull the plug, or throw it in a bucket of miracle water at zero + 1 second.

And the bomb maker, despite being internationally renowned, has never heard of a collapsing circuit.

Issi

War Hero
That guns rattle like a bunch of spoons in a cake tin when you pick them up.

And in police dramas, rank doesn't seem to matter, if you're a tough detective sergeant, you can go face to face with a very senior rank, call him a waste of space, and then carry on, with no repercussions.

The wifes contribution.

The big titted sluts always get killed 1st.

The best looking chick always kills the serial killer or escapes death.

The sweet innocent bimbo is always the killer.

I'll (me) will watch any series with a big titted lead detective or a very good looking one.

Brian Cox (the actor not the prof) was asked about this, I think on Top Gear. He said something like English accents imply intelligence, and intelligence is something that Americans do not trust.
Yes, and that's why I chuckled at Tim Curry playing an East German villain in McHale's Navy (I was young and drunk and there was nothing else on TV). I still want to start a class action suit against Tom Arnold where everyone else on the planet gets their 90 minutes of life wasted watching his film refunded.

Awol

LE
Soju will make you tough.
Whisky is just better tasting then the Bud Light water.
In hospital, escaped downtown for a couple of hours today after three weeks stuck waiting for nothing to happen. Look at my Lemon Ice Tea...
IMG_20190911_235526.jpg

Except it isn't Lemon Ice Tea :)

In hospital, escaped downtown for a couple of hours today after three weeks stuck waiting for nothing to happen. Look at my Lemon Ice Tea...View attachment 416486

Except it isn't Lemon Ice Tea :)
...and it was in a film as well, that's awesome ?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Anything to do with firefighters used to drive my dad (3rd generation London Fire Brigade) up the wall, for example:

Always aim the fire hose at the flames 50 feet up in the air, instead of the source of the fire.

Always waste as much time as possible hacking through the middle of a wooden door instead of through the lock or fastening.

Oh, and people walking with a stick or crutch on the same side as the bad leg. Try it, it doesn't work, fuckwits.

Dubb_al_Ibn

War Hero
Any rural scene shot in the UK has to be accompanied by the continual cawing of unseen crows. Just so you know that it's "in the country."

TamH70

MIA
Any rural scene shot in the UK has to be accompanied by the continual cawing of unseen crows. Just so you know that it's "in the country."
Well, living in the country - okay, it's Paisley, but just take a look at the local environment - more trees and bushes and shit than the Amazon, it is pretty close to life. There are crows and magpies and pigeons everywhere here. And the crows do tend to hide more than their showy magpie cousins.

morsk

LE
No one ever sais goodbye on phones. That bugs the fcuk out of me.

Every, FBI/CIA boss is a bird. unless they are the bad guy then its a bloke.

All sex scenes are in the missionary position and always come together.

Sex scenes are never mixed race couples

No one ever looks at what is behind what they are shooting at. The rounds just magically disappear when they inevitably miss who ever they are shooting at

No one ever sais "I/ll just have a piss and we'll go"

No one ever stops to put fuel in their car

americans fighting. americans cant fight

arfah

LE
Every aeroplane caught in a dive sounds like a WW2 Stuka divebomber.

Police Sergeants always get killed three days before retirement.

Latest Threads