What things do you see all the time on TV or in Films?

NSP

LE
When anyone gets shot, unless they die Instantly, they are in a very bad way - until the bullet is removed by a dodgy doctor or one of their mates using a knife and tweezers, then they make a miraculous recovery.

No bullet ever hits arteries or damages organs or punctures intestines. Removing the bullet instantly returns them to full health. It’s like the bullets are made of kryptonite rather than lead.
Three Kings was good for that - Marky Mark gets a pneumothorax and battles on, albeit having to open the little valve every so often to equalize his chest cavity. His thick mate gets a nick to the shoulder, minimal blood loss, and dies minutes later having just had time to gasp out a dying wish and tell all his mates he loves them (in a non-homoerotic way, naturally).

NSP

LE
They probably do it while they’re having a dump. Which you never see either.

(Lethal Weapon excepted)
And that's another thing! Hardly anyone needs the toilet in movies - even when they've just reached out and nobbled the alarm clock.

And no-one ever says, "Aaaaagh! No!!! Go and clean your teeth, death-breath!" when their partner rolls over and starts getting fruity first thing in the morning.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
1573653334872.png

Things like this, but then I am glued to X-Hamster all of the time!

American hand grenades are primed by the hero pulling the pin with his teeth.

Remarkably, he still has teeth when he prepares to throw a second one.

The power of Allied grenades is measured in kilotons but enemy grenades are damp, out of date thunder flashes. Allied grenades also have a variable delay to suit the situation, enemy grenades have a delay that allows them to be returned to sender (unless the hero's side-kick has an urge to lie on top of it).

'Canvasing the neighborhood' will always result in someone answering the door and imparting vital evidence to the detective or claiming they' saw nuffink' if they are the baddie - they still answer the door though.

The house to house that produces the 'I told the other Police officer all of that' response, will always mean the baddies got there first and not the reality of a deep sigh from the guy knocking on the door as he closes his notebook muttering 'Bloody CID' as he has to now go back to the Nick to discover where exactly the clowns have been as they don't carry radios so you cant get hold of the sods.

Officers on cordons let anyone through with the flash of a badge and their only job to lift the tape. CID arrive at the scene fairly quickly and are never met by a pissed off PCSO who knows they're being used as a place and forget item and have already been there for 7 hours without a break.

The Detective can return to the scene days later to find the vital clue that cracks the case and only has to remove the tape to get in.

Regrettably, I have never mastered the chopsticks.

Consequently, I and more importantly my loved ones are defenceless in the face of unexpected Ninja attack.
Speaking of which, no Ninja bad guy is a match for the goody Ninja guy. EVER! They may get the upper hand now again but that is only to get our goody into the kingpins lair whereupon he will ultimately defeat the super Ninja guy.
And only then because the top dog didn't get a gun and shoot our hero as soon as he fcukking saw him.

endure

GCM
Radio comms that defy the laws of propagation. Wilbur Smith calling VHF from the South Pole to London...

Pregnant women. They always, always forget to enlarge the tits as well - it really bums me out, big round belly no knockers to match.

Pregnant women. They always, always forget to enlarge the tits as well - it really bums me out, big round belly no knockers to match.
Pervert !!!!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not too sure whether you're a parent or not, so I'll explain it for you. The tits only get larger as the need to feed the kid comes along, my ex went from a 38C to a 40G in the last month of pregnancy due to her body expecting to and eventually giving birth and starting to feed.

Not too sure whether you're a parent or not, so I'll explain it for you. The tits only get larger as the need to feed the kid comes along, my ex went from a 38C to a 40G in the last month of pregnancy due to her body expecting to and eventually giving birth and starting to feed.
Why thanks for that Joker, I just got a mental image of your wife's funbags :-* But in the fillums and what have you the women's tittays NEVER get bigger.

The power of Allied grenades is measured in kilotons but enemy grenades are damp, out of date thunder flashes. Allied grenades also have a variable delay to suit the situation, enemy grenades have a delay that allows them to be returned to sender (unless the hero's side-kick has an urge to lie on top of it).
Can't remember where I saw it (was only in the last couple of days) but I saw a scene where a guy had a live grenade dropped near him and after about 10 seconds he was able to wriggle over to it and put his hand back on the spoon preventing it from exploding.

Is that even possible once a grenade has been triggered?

EDIT: Now I remember, Fast & Furious: Hobbs And Shaw. Only watched it on Wednesday, instantly forgettable.

syrup

LE

Didn't Ambrose highlight something like that in Band of Brothers

I think the complaint was that the Germans threw their grenades and ran after them because of the low explosions so you popped up and there was the baddies following up.
The Allied Grenades killed anyone running after them I think one of there guys got killed running into a building and getting it with his own grenade.

Back on topic

British TV series in the 70's, 80's
Good guys drive Fords bad guys drive Leyland

syrup

LE
Heat.

Watch Val after he climbs out of the shot up getaway car. Thats a 30 round mag and see how many 2-3 round bursts (and longer) he gets out of it.

Bloody good gunfight though.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but wasn't Andy McNab involved in the planning and training of that bit.
The noise isn't dubbed either which is why it's bouncing off the walls etc

Veterans sit back close your eyes and remember a decent day at the office thanks to that noise

Can't remember where I saw it (was only in the last couple of days) but I saw a scene where a guy had a live grenade dropped near him and after about 10 seconds he was able to wriggle over to it and put his hand back on the spoon preventing it from exploding.

Is that even possible once a grenade has been triggered?

EDIT: Now I remember, Fast & Furious: Hobbs And Shaw. Only watched it on Wednesday, instantly forgettable.
On the understanding that it’s not a ‘wah’...

A grenade ‘spoon’ is correctly called a ‘fly-off lever’ for a reason.

Latest Threads