What things do you see all the time on TV or in Films?

And nobody drinks tea.
It is always 'Hey, that coffee smells good!'
And the bint in the shirt, though she's never been to the chap's house before, manages to open the right cupboards/drawers and pull stuff out easily.
And the sink isn't full of dirty dishes, and the counter covered in pizza boxes and burger wrappers.
Not true they have that stuff that's not tea and has a tampon string dangling out of the cup.

Door locks in America always seem to be locked with a flimsy thumb lock which can easily be picked or broken. You never see a heavy duty mortice lock and no one ever seems to have a key bunch. Stand fast the guard in pescadero mental hospital with the cardboard key which Sarah Connor was able to snap with a two finger hold.

Technically, it was Bean that mentioned it first.

William James Maurice Bottle walt.
Really?
I seem to remember Ender saying it, but Bean taking it over and using it a lot

Fat Driver

Old-Salt
Door locks in America always seem to be locked with a flimsy thumb lock which can easily be picked or broken. You never see a heavy duty mortice lock and no one ever seems to have a key bunch. Stand fast the guard in pescadero mental hospital with the cardboard key which Sarah Connor was able to snap with a two finger hold.
When they do have lots of locks they never use them and people are going in and out without a care (friends/big bang theory)

Listening to music/the radio in cars seems to be something very few do, even when driving on thier own, in the middle of nowhere, for hours on end.
Waynes World and Peter Kays Car Journey stand fast.

NSP

LE
Aaaaaaaggghhhh!! Fifteen minutes into the apparently much-anticipated The Forgotten Battle and there's a legless Scharfuhrer-badged casualty introducing himself as an Oberleutnant!!

Not even as an Oberstrurmfuhrer. And he's got an "old guard" party V on his right sleeve, too...

Last edited:

Issi

LE
From what I can gather from TV and fillums

American males will go to a bar, sit on their own and nurse a finger of scotch all night, and then pay by slapping a random note on the bar and just walking away.

American females will only drink Margaritas.

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Did K98s come in left- and right-handed versions...?

And I'm sure MG-42s only fed from the left...?!

Aaaaaaaggghhhh!! Fifteen minutes into the apparently much-anticipated The Forgotten Battle and there's a legless Scharfuhrer-badged casualty introducing himself as an Oberleutnant!!

Not even as an Oberstrumfuhrer. And he's got an "old guard" party V on his right sleeve, too...
Well, there's no point watching it now, is there?

Is an Oberstrumfuhrer, the bloke in charge of the string section of the SS band, or does he choreograph the self-relief of all the Blitzmaedels? .

NSP

LE
When 'American' males 'drink' beer they hold the bottle by the neck and sip it like an eight year old Biafran.
I hold the bottle by the neck - it stops my hand warming the contents.

However, I swig it like a man so the contents isn't generally in the bottle long enough to be warmed...

Cars with manufacturer logos taped over. Most recently noticed this in The Blacklist, where Red's S Class Merc is not-so-cunningly debadged. Something to do with other manufacturers being sponsors?
If it is, they're wasting their time.

I hold the bottle by the neck - it stops my hand warming the contents.

However, I swig it like a man so the contents isn't generally in the bottle long enough to be warmed...
An English gentleman will decant the drink into a proper receptacle, such as a glass, only oiks, chavs and septics swill it straight from the bottle, like some sort of troglodyte neolithic slobbering half wit.....aledgely........
......." Jeeves, peel me a grape"................. :p

NSP

LE
An English gentleman will decant the drink into a proper receptacle, such as a glass, only oiks, chavs and septics swill it straight from the bottle, like some sort of troglodyte neolithic slobbering half wit.....aledgely........
......." Jeeves, peel me a grape"................. :p
You're not aware that the glass washer in my local is shit and leaves detergent residue all over the inside of the glasses, are you? Why do you think we all drink bottles...?!

You're not aware that the glass washer in my local is shit and leaves detergent residue all over the inside of the glasses, are you? Why do you think we all drink bottles...?!
Have you seen where the stuff is stored prior to it being brought up from the cellar, there's no guarantee that mice, cobwebs and other nasties have not crawled all over them......That is why its always prudent to use a glass. simples. If as you say the cleaning regime is not up to snuff, have words with the gaffer, bad drills old man, bad drills!

NSP

LE
Have you seen where the stuff is stored prior to it being brought up from the cellar, there's no guarantee that mice, cobwebs and other nasties have not crawled all over them......That is why its always prudent to use a glass. simples. If as you say the cleaning regime is not up to snuff, have words with the gaffer, bad drills old man, bad drills!
Before putting to my gob I always wipe the neck of the bottle/top of the can with my t-shirt - I certainly know where that has been!

Latest Threads