What things do you see all the time on TV or in Films?

That was always the theme in 1940/1950s films. You’ll inevitably get some middle aged bloke (usually a WW2 pilot or destroyer captain tap off with a 19 year old nurse) As an example, see the Douglas Bader film (I can’t remember its name).

I really wish such things did happen, but they don’t, not in real life, otherwise I’d be sewing pilot wings on to all my T-shirts.
I watched an interview last night with Anneke Wills. When she was 21 in 1962 she married the actor Michael Gough, who was born in 1916. Maybe young ladies in those days didn't mind a bit of DILF?

No Leyland products, nor cortinas
I wonder why? They're every bit as good as when they came off the production line.

1631686985438.png

I believe that the vintage vehicles are hired from owners who cherish them. I have seen some lovely specimens just parked in various places;
Herald
Ford Anglia Estate
Cortina mk1
Riley Elf
Two Jaguar mk2
Numerous Minors
Minis and beetles galore
and my favourite spot: Land Rover sii Ambulance, Marshall bodied.
I used to walk home from work on fair Sunday mornings (a delightful couple of miles) and when rallies were held at Berkeley, I saw a whole prcession of good runners, the most memorable of which was a Reliant Ant.

Chef

LE
any 70s/80s reenactment TV show has loads of immaculate Capris, Saabs, Volvos, Mercs etc on the kerb.
No Leyland products, nor cortinas
No Cavaliers for certain.

There was an episode of Morse where his Jag is keyed and the damage is obviously stuck on top of the paintwork.

Cars mount the pavements onto busy shopping streets in high speed chases and every pedestrian is imbued with lightning reflexes and gymnastic abilities, sufficient to manage to leap out of the way in the nick of time.

Caveat to the above, this only occurs abroad, as the same occurrence in a British high street would doubtless result in carnage as mobility scooters, lager toting drunks and the golightly families would be mown down in short order.

Chef

LE
Cars mount the pavements onto busy shopping streets in high speed chases and every pedestrian is imbued with lightning reflexes and gymnastic abilities, sufficient to manage to leap out of the way in the nick of time.

Caveat to the above, this only occurs abroad, as the same occurrence in a British high street would doubtless result in carnage as mobility scooters, lager toting drunks and the golightly families would be mown down in short order.
Especially if you weave about a bit.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Cars mount the pavements onto busy shopping streets in high speed chases....

...in a British high street would doubtless result in carnage as mobility scooters, lager toting drunks and the golightly families would be mown down in short order.
I heartily support this as the basis of a new Channel 5 gameshow.

Prospective names on a postcard?

That was always the theme in 1940/1950s films. You’ll inevitably get some middle aged bloke (usually a WW2 pilot or destroyer captain tap off with a 19 year old nurse) As an example, see the Douglas Bader film (I can’t remember its name).

I really wish such things did happen, but they don’t, not in real life, otherwise I’d be sewing pilot wings on to all my T-shirts.
Happens all the time. Where do you live?

The rule for second and subsequent wives of successful men is, half your age plus seven (At the time of hooking up). You will be surprised how spookily accurate this is. Middle-aged bloke, say 46 yo, bags off with 30 yo woman.

NSP

LE
Tommy lee jones clint and samuel jackson playing the part of marines in vietnam eyerack and such.
Ffs pack it in lads. You're to old and look ridiculous.
I watched "rules of engagement and valley of elah" the other night ...utter shyte.
Isn't TLJs character a retired soldier, looking for answers about his serving son, in that one...?

giatttt

War Hero
Chuck Norris Delta Force - dropping off the zodiac within the sweep of the shore based search lights whilst wearing fluorescent yellow gas tanks. When they get ashore they are carrying so much clip on dhit they must rattle like a sack of spoons.

Latest Threads