What the REGS think of the TA!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Stouty, Feb 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What do you think of the TA how are they different when they get called up from the regs Army??? do you think there up to the right standard??
  2. Stouty old chap. My advice is either trawl through the TA forum or, better still, talk to the lads in your TA centre, who can answer all your questions.

Either way, if I was you I'd delete the post and cancel this neon-signed invite to wahs, pish-taking and war-stories (not to mention umpteen links to umpteen previous threads).
  3. Stab,
    I think that your reply to the originator of this post is the kindest thing I have read on the site since joining it.

....Just spreading the love today..........
  4. I did not mean to make it sound like that I just wanted to know if the TA training is just as good as the Regs
  5. Dammit man, there you go again! How can we protect you from the arrsssssee masses when you keep on doing this.

We all know what you mean. If you mean, are we trained the same standard? We're part-time, limited role, have less access to training time, you work it out. If you mean are the people different themselves? No, we've all got 2 arms and legs and are human. If you mean is the quality of training as good? Well, it varies, but generally more time and more resources means better training.

Mate, leave it. Ask the lads in the TA centre, or if you can't leave your keyboard alone, ask something a little more specific and, in the interests of your own self-preservation, something a little less, well....... mongy.
  7. rickshaw
    I think your right about that one
  8. Stouty,
    You've used up too many of your nine lives (Yes, I did note your bone question on the RLC site asking about driver trades) so if I were you, I'd slope off for a wee while and work out how to effect a decent regain..

..... Still spreading the love today.........
  9. Rickshaw, well done for your restraint. But I fear it's only a matter of time before this all turns a bit 'Lord of the Flies' and everyone starts hunting down and sticking piggy....
  10. Well I need to find things out some how I have never been in the Army am just a TA recruit
  11. Stouty..... Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Well then Stouty, you have been given your answer - Ask at your TA centre. Just please stop making an Arrse of yourself on here. People have generally been polite to you so far. It will not be long before the politeness fades........
  13. Too late - the pig stickers have arrived :lol:
  14. Sorry then how do you delete the post thanks
  15. Bone questions and a Rambo avatar, I think we have a live one here