What the %$#@ is a "pace stick"?

I have come across a stumbling block in my British education. Will someone please tell me what a "pace stick" is and what it is used for?

Please remember, I'm the token American, so please respond in English, not Brit. :D

Cheers

Corporal said:
Please remember, I'm the token American, so please respond in English, not Brit. :D

Cheers
The language we speak here in England is called English - not 'Brit'. What you speak, I imagine, is a dialect called American English ... but don't be down-hearted; many non-English people learn to speak English rather than (or in addition to) their native dialects - the Scotch are particularly good at it, for example.

X-Inf

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Vasco said:
Corporal said:

Cheers
The language we speak here in England is called English - not 'Brit'. What you speak, I imagine, is a dialect called American English ... but don't be down-hearted; many non-English people learn to speak English rather than (or in addition to) their native dialects - the Scotch are particularly good at it, for example.

Scots, not Scotch. You will learn some day.

Corporal said:
I have come across a stumbling block in my British education. Will someone please tell me what a "pace stick" is and what it is used for?

Cheers
Hense why our Sgt Mjr's are referred to as being 'Stick men' or the singular 'Stick man' as they all carry pace sticks in whilst in peace time garrison locations.(and some really bad ones on ops).

X-Inf said:
Vasco said:
Corporal said:

Cheers

Even I know it's Scots :D

Thanks for the info people. Cheers!

I have had very intimate dealings with pace sticks throughout my career. The back of my head bears scars from at least three of them. :roll:

Drill instructors carry them for when they forget how to walk and breath at the same time: it reminds them how long a human stride should be. :roll:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
X-Inf said:
Vasco said:
Corporal said:

Cheers

And that, Vasco is the bite you were looking for......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Corporal said:
So does Flash have a closet full of them? Aunty Stella must have several too.
It is device for measuring the mouth size of an American.

1 "pace" (approximatley 3 feet) is the average size required for the average fat yank to shove 13 big macs into his over sized gullet 6 times daily.

It also has a useful metal point on the end of it for poking the said yank in the eyes afterwards, whilst the experienced user can open the pace stick to form a "double eye gouging" implement, useful for dealing with the most obnoxious colonials. This double eye gouge is normally accompanied by the user yelling "are you fcuking blind, thats British armour you cnut, stop fcuking shooting at it" or words to that effect.

Hope this clarifies.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You are a brummie toolbox, but that ws a quality post, and sober too

Since when did the jocks speak english? you ever tried to decypher,old slappers posts with out an enigma machine :twisted:

Aunty Stella said:
Corporal said:
So does Flash have a closet full of them? Aunty Stella must have several too.
It is device for measuring the mouth size of an American.

1 "pace" (approximatley 3 feet) is the average size required for the average fat yank to shove 13 big macs into his over sized gullet 6 times daily.

It also has a useful metal point on the end of it for poking the said yank in the eyes afterwards, whilst the experienced user can open the pace stick to form a "double eye gouging" implement, useful for dealing with the most obnoxious colonials. This double eye gouge is normally accompanied by the user yelling "are you fcuking blind, thats British armour you cnut, stop fcuking shooting at it" or words to that effect.

Hope this clarifies.
So says the Herman Munster looking ponce. Shouldn't you be down at the fire station to see if your application has been processed, you trumpton?

Cutaway said:
X-Inf said:
Vasco said:
Corporal said:

Cheers

And that, Vasco is the bite you were looking for......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

An' heers anither wun ye gobby wee Engelerlander shite! An whit the fack urr ee naimin yursell efter a Portugeez navugaitur furr ?? Ya hoo-er ye, by the way, but !!

Ubiique ya bass !!! n' that, but !!