What the %$#@ is a "pace stick"?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Corporal, Aug 27, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have come across a stumbling block in my British education. Will someone please tell me what a "pace stick" is and what it is used for?

Please remember, I'm the token American, so please respond in English, not Brit. :D

Cheers

2. World pace-sticking championship! Good grief, I've heard it all now!! Or have I?

3. The language we speak here in England is called English - not 'Brit'. What you speak, I imagine, is a dialect called American English ... but don't be down-hearted; many non-English people learn to speak English rather than (or in addition to) their native dialects - the Scotch are particularly good at it, for example.

4. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Scots, not Scotch. You will learn some day.

5. Hense why our Sgt Mjr's are referred to as being 'Stick men' or the singular 'Stick man' as they all carry pace sticks in whilst in peace time garrison locations.(and some really bad ones on ops).

6. Even I know it's Scots :D

Thanks for the info people. Cheers!

7. I have had very intimate dealings with pace sticks throughout my career. The back of my head bears scars from at least three of them. :roll:

8. Only closet Gays carry pace sticks Corp.

And big butch lesbian instructors. All of them.

9. Drill instructors carry them for when they forget how to walk and breath at the same time: it reminds them how long a human stride should be. :roll:

10. So does Flash have a closet full of them? Aunty Stella must have several too.

11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

And that, Vasco is the bite you were looking for......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

12. Thank you, Cutaway. I see that all is not lost.

13. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Vasco

I like the way you're thinking. :lol: