• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

What the HELL is that? Sewer beastie....

It appears the bloody septics are at it again, letting things grow in their sewers.

This turned up in a US sewer late last month in Cameron Village in Raleigh, NC, and no-one really knows what it is.

There are apparantly 3 groups of thought:

1) bryozoans
2) A large clump of annelid worm, the Tubifex.
3) Its an alien! Get the flamethrower!

(Don't ask me what the hell that first one is, I dunno).

Or its sentient shite.

Personnally, I think we need to get some flamethrowers down there, and get burning the fuckers - we don't need any facehuggers, tah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcKpx2DxGwY

Worried? You should be.

I thought it was a viral video but it looks like it can be explained.

Tubifex tubifex, also called the sludge worm, or sewage worm, is a species of tubificid segmented worm that inhabits the sediments of lakes and rivers on several continents. T. tubifex probably includes several species, but distinguishing between them is difficult because the reproductive organs, commonly used in species identification, are resorbed after mating, and because the external characteristics of the worm vary with changes in salinity. These worms ingest sediments, selectively digest bacteria, and absorb molecules through the body wall.
From Wiki

And video in the wild

Who knows......

Squiggers said:
It appears the bloody septics are at it again, letting things grow in their sewers.

This turned up in a US sewer late last month in Cameron Village in Raleigh, NC, and no-one really knows what it is.

1) bryozoans

Or its sentient shite.

Personnally, I think we need to get some flamethrowers down there, and get burning the fuckers - we don't need any facehuggers, tah.

Worried? You should be.
It looks like that manky sack thing from species. Maybe if they leave it long enough it'll produce Natasha Henstridge, who'll run around the place naked & looking hot!

T_M_H said:
Squiggers said:

1) bryozoans

Or its sentient shite.

Worried? You should be.
It looks like that manky sack thing from species. Maybe if they leave it long enough it'll produce Natasha Henstridge, who'll run around the place naked & looking hot!
Except when she turns alien like and rips most of you in half.

Squiggers said:
T_M_H said:
Squiggers said:

1) bryozoans

Or its sentient shite.

Worried? You should be.
Except when she turns alien like and rips most of you in half.
Nah, she wouldn't bother me, I'm not nearly sciency enough.

Latest Threads